Respected Contributor

Yes, this is not a typo. I was there last week and was walking to the back of the store where the fragrances & scented soaps are when I noticed 3 handbags locked to an end cap. THEY WERE GORGEOUS! I didn't get the line, but they are shoulder bags, very supple leather with a silver chain running the length of the seam that goes around from one end to the other and on the leather handle.

Do they really sell? Has anyone seen them? If so, what line are they?

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Contributor

Re: $1159 handbags at TJ Maxx

Some tj's not all have designer sections. I've seen bags even more expensive -- Gucci, Chanel, LV.
Honored Contributor

I've been seeing some truly high end bags there as well... Just the other day I ran into a Balenciaga there and anyone watching probably cracked up at my perfect triple take! They've always included a few couture bags at a handful of their stores, but usually they're separated out from the others, sometimes held at the jewelry counter. Not this one, it was hanging right there on the rack with all the others... Blew me away...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

I saw Bottega Veneta in a TJM in Newport Beach, California. I love their woven; no one else comes close. IMO

Respected Contributor

Of course they sell. They may be expensive, but they are a lot less costly when at a reduced price.

Contributor

I purchase most of my Tignanello bags at TJM. They might be from a previous season but the price is right.

Super Contributor

So how much do the Balenciaga's usually sell for?

Trusted Contributor

Sounds like Stella McCaretney. That chain all the way around is her tradmark.

Super Contributor

On 9/28/2014 kjae said:

Sounds like Stella McCaretney. That chain all the way around is her tradmark.

I agree, it was probably a Stella McCartney! We often get the high-end designer handbags here in the NYC TJMAXXs...I've also seen them in the South Beach, Miami ( the one on 5th and Alton Rd ) store. It's an amazing sight, isn't it lol?!!
Super Contributor

On 9/22/2014 stevieb said:

I've been seeing some truly high end bags there as well... Just the other day I ran into a Balenciaga there and anyone watching probably cracked up at my perfect triple take! They've always included a few couture bags at a handful of their stores, but usually they're separated out from the others, sometimes held at the jewelry counter. Not this one, it was hanging right there on the rack with all the others... Blew me away...

Oh Stevie, I can only imagine your surprise and admiration for that one...I'm actually a little jealous, I haven't seen a Balenciaga at a TJMAXX up here at all!! It definitely would have stopped me in my tracks lol!!!