Super Contributor

Received my GILI Madison satchel...

I just wanted to let you all know that I received my bag today. I ordered the Olive which is more towards green than brown which is what I had hoped for. IMO, it is a large bag. The tassel is gorgeous. I know some people were disappointed that there wasn't a shoulder strap but the handles are quite generous. I see no obvious defects or striations in the leather. I am not thrilled that the zipper sticks out past the bag on both sides but I did see that in the presentation and decided it was not a "deal breaker" for me. Just wanted to post a review for anyone who was waiting to hear what those who received it had thought...I hope this helps. Stevieb are you tempted?

Honored Contributor

Re: Received my GILI Madison satchel...

Where would you rate it...on a scale of 1 to 10?

Super Contributor

As far as the GILI Bags go (I have 3 others), I give it an 8.5 only because of the long zippers on the sides as I indicated above. As far as bags in general go (I buy mostly Dooney and Bourke), I would also rate it between an 8-9. It is pretty nice. The interior lining is nice and I don't see any of the leather problems that many others had with the "early" GILI releases...

Valued Contributor

As in 1 being the worst and 10 being the best, I am guessing? LOL

Stevie has her own olive bag coming her way, hahaha.....couldn't cancel on time!

And I am waiting for the blue one, so thank you for your review! Mine should get here this Saturday.....

As far as the zippers....she did explain that they are so long, so you can open the middle compartment easier and able to access all your stuff, so it seems to be a plus.....and handle strap is 6 inches per description, unless it's inaccurate? I figured it should be at least 7 inches to be able to squeeze it over the shoulder....

Thanks for the review!

Honored Contributor

On 9/16/2014 tough_kitty said:

Stevie has her own olive bag coming her way, hahaha.....couldn't cancel on time!

And I am waiting for the blue one, so thank you for your review! Mine should get here this Saturday.....

As far as the zippers....she did explain that they are so long, so you can open the middle compartment easier and able to access all your stuff, so it seems to be a plus.....and handle strap is 6 inches per description, unless it's inaccurate? I figured it should be at least 7 inches to be able to squeeze it over the shoulder....

Thanks for the review!

I was able to cancel my order for an olive bag.

I just don't need another bag.

I find myself using my "seatbelt style" computer case and throwing in a wristlet...and that's it!

Valued Contributor

On 9/16/2014 terrier3 said:

I just don't need another bag.

Who really needs another bag??

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the review!

And it arrived. I haven't had the heart to open it yet...

Cool

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

On 9/16/2014 stevieb said:

Thanks for the review!

And it arrived. I haven't had the heart to open it yet...

Cool

WHAT!?!?! That's the sign you are done shopping!!! Lol. I open my packages as soon as I can!!!! Now, give us your review ASAP!!! Smiley Happy
Honored Contributor

I don't know TK, I'm tempted just to return it sight unseen... Opening it might prove too tempting.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

On 9/16/2014 stevieb said:

I don't know TK, I'm tempted just to return it sight unseen... Opening it might prove too tempting.

In that case you will be paying return shipping for nothing???? C'mon now!!! PLLLLLEAAAAASE!!!!!!!