Esteemed Contributor

How do you feel about Organizer bags?

I never spent a minute looking at little mini handbags or clutches, but I am kind of intrigued by the new (to me anyway) small organizer bags. I always carry at least a 13 inch wide and 4 inch deep bag so that if I was ever stranded, I could survive for 2 days. I carry extra eye glasses, phone, rfid wallet, cosmetic bag fully loaded, tissues, brush, mints, energy bars, pens, pills for every need, and a paperback for the waiting room of anywhere. If I have a good side pocket, I pop in a small water bottle. I am prepared !!

I just stood there at Brighton and truly admired anyone that could venture forth armed with just with a mini organizer. I thought, well, in my case, it would come in handy when I traveled since I could take it in addition to the big ole tote and just grab that when I went out to dinner. I thought I could take it to a Girl's Night Out with just a few items and lipstick.

I am frozen here. How do you feel about the organizers? Do you really use them ?

London Groove OrganizerLondon Groove Organizer

I just know I would run back and get the Brighton shopper "just in case".

Tilda Shopper Tote

Honored Contributor

Re: How do you feel about Organizer bags?

Organizer or not, I simply can't make do with a small bag.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

I like organizer handbags, but a small bag won't work for me either.

Trusted Contributor

I love organizers and like small bags. Better for the back. And I'd never carry all that stuff if I were stranded; maybe extra pills and aspirin.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney
Super Contributor

I carry a large tote bag with me to work everyday, packed with most of the same stuff you mention in your OP. However, I leave it in my office for most of the day.

If I'm heading out to lunch or just out and about on campus (I work at a hospital), I typically carry a small "organizer" type bag with just the bare necessities.

Valued Contributor

I sometimes carry a small crossbody with my Roma 2 and take it with me when I go grocery shopping and don't want to carry the entire bag with me. But it's hard to find a smaller bag you can put inside your bigger bag, without compromising the space of the bigger bag - depending on how big it is! And since I have a wristlet for my Samsung phone now, that's all I need to carry with me when I go grocery shopping or out to lunch when I'm at work....
Honored Contributor

I can carry everything I need in a purse that is 12"" wide. I do not need to break my neck carrying a heavy bag around.

Honored Contributor

I don't tend to 'carry' any bag for any length of time. I mean really, where do I go that I'm literally holding the bag for hours on end? More times than not, it's sitting beside me.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Hate them. I don't even like a dividing pocket in the center of a handbag like all the BMak bags seem to have.

I want a big, open pit that I drop my stuff in.

Contributor

I used to love bigger bags, but now I find that I have NO idea what to put into them. I carry one to work, but I have my lunch in it, a book to read at lunch, bring my newspaper home in it, so I guess I use it more as a tote bag. When I'm out and about ( shopping ) I use a small cross body bag. I find that all I need are my credit card/money/phone and my car keys. I also have room for a lipstick and some kleenex. I think the large bags that some of the hosts sell and carry look ridiculous. Even in the days when I liked a big bag, I would never carry anything that large. I think it looks like you are carrying a suitcase. I would never be able to fill that think up.