Trusted Contributor

GILI ROMA 2 TASSEL STILL SHEDDING ANY WAY TO FIX?

PLEASE someone, anyone that can help with this problem. I have the Gili Roma2 snakeskin bag since the beginning of July. When I first wore it I didn't wear black as per Lisa's instructions. I usually wear black jeans so I've been using the bag but the tassel is still shedding. Went to the doctors office with my mom the other day and when I looked down at my cotton denim jeans they wear full of the shedding. It's been well over a month. Does anyone know of a product I could use to stop this shedding? I called CS and they told me they couldn't send me out a new tassel. I would have to return the bag, which I don't want to do, it's my absolute favorite bag and if I return it who knows what I'll get. There has to be something that could be put on this leather to stop it, wouldn't you think? Thanks for any help.
Trusted Contributor

Re: GILI ROMA 2 TASSEL STILL SHEDDING ANY WAY TO FIX?

Anyone? Please. Thanks
Trusted Contributor

On 9/12/2014 bluegrassbaby said:

Gosh..that's a good question..do you think if you had a cloth with some saddle soap or a leather conditioner on it and then repeatedly ran the tassel through the cloth. I've used saddle soap on leather many times and it cleans and makes the leather soft. I know the shedding must be coming from the back side of the tassel strands and I just can't think of anything else you could do.

It is coming from the back side and it just keeps coming. I'm going to try the saddle soap and pray it works. If not I just have to remove the tassel, which I really hate to do.
Trusted Contributor

On 9/12/2014 bluegrassbaby said:

Do you think spraying a water sealer on the tassel would seal the shedding...it's supposed to act like a barrier. I've used this on my shoes and boots many times.

Where do you buy the water sealer in a shoe store? Do I just ask for a water sealer for leather? Sounds like it just might work. I thank you both for your suggestions. I'm desperate so I'll try anything.
Honored Contributor

You could try what I did and use a vacuum to pull the fibers off.

I took the nozzle of my Shark and using full volume, had the strings of the tassle be pulled up into the nozzle and just held on to it for a minute or so.

It helped tremendously. Because it's "snake" I didn't condition it like the other bags (I have 3). The spray product sounds interesting.

Respected Contributor

I had a different problem with my black Roma 2.......I got caught in a rain shower wearing a white t-shirt......I always carry the bag on my shoulder. When I went to wash my shirt, I noticed some fairly large black marks on the shoulder and couldn't figure out where they came from......then it dawned on me to check the bag handles. Sure enough......it wasn't from the sealant on the handles, but from the thread......I took a damp cloth and wiped along the stitching and black came off all over the rag. The problem cost me two shirts because bleach wouldn't even take the stains out. Lesson learned.