Valued Contributor

Why is it the leather handbags love gold or brass accents.Even the less expensive ones has that brassy gold. Not interest. What happen to silver or pweter or for that matter black metal bags.

Valued Contributor
Because gold is usually more popular than silver/white gold in jewelry. I love gold so I'm not complaining but I saw a lot of bags with silver hardware.
Honored Contributor

I just bought 2 different bags - one a bella taylor and one a tig bag at TJ Maxx - both had antique brass hardware.

Respected Contributor

I've been sorting my handbags to get the fall/winter ones up front. I've noticed a lot of the older handbags, including many Dooneys, have silver hardware. Don't know why they changed to gold... did they think it looked richer? Over the past decade, white metals have been very hot, so why didn't handbag manufacturers go back to silver hardware? Gold jewelry is only now coming back as gold prices have moderated.

I generally prefer gold hardware, for the look. But the color of the hardware isn't a deal breaker for me. I have some friends who coordinate the handbag hardware color with their jewelry and clothing trim (zippers, buttons). I don't go that far. I do coordinate my jewelry with my clothing trim. Smile

Trusted Contributor

Gold accents are common, but there certainly are bags with silvertone, gunmetal, or brasstone hardware out there. I'd suggest you go to a store (or several) that offers a wide range of handbag choices and check out the possibilities. Dillard's, Macy's, Belk's, TJ Maxx, Marshall's -- lots of options. Or shop online at these stores or other shopping sites like Zappo's, Amazon, Overstock, and more. Don't just settle for the very limited inventory presented on QVC.

Respected Contributor

I mix it up, so I don't really care. My wedding ring is white gold, but I have both white and yellow gold rings and bracelets for the other hand/arm.

Respected Contributor

Huh? I don't understand your post at all! THis makes me CRAZY!!! {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Did you mean, obsession?

"Why is it the leather handbags love gold or brass accents"- Why is it that.....

handbags cannot love accents???

"ones has that brassy"- HAVE, not has

"Not interest" ??? I have no interest.....

"What happen to silver or pweter or for that matter black metal bags". ???What???

happened, pewter...What is a black metal bag???

Super Contributor

Whew.......someone needs new meds? I guess some have never dealt with auto correct

Super Contributor
I only wear silver/white gold and only want silver(tone) on my handbags, shoes, buttons on clothes, etc. It is a little harder to find, but in the end saves me a lot of money for all the bags I won't buy on HSN, QVC or elsewhere, ha, ha. I wish online descriptions of bags would always indicate hardware color. Oftentimes they don't and it's hard to tell by the picture sometimes.