Valued Contributor

Question about handbag deliveries and new collections.

When do new collections of handbags usually show up? HOBO is one that distributes new Fall collections in in July and August. I am specifically interested in BRAHMIN and Dooney & Bourke. Do you guys know when the new ones will show up? The only new arrivals showing on the Dooney site are Summer bags. So strange. I want a new Fall bag, but am having quite a time finding one I like. Even on sites like Nordstrom, the styles have been almost the exact same in brands I'm not interested in for over a year. Tired of seeing the same old, same old. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Re: Question about handbag deliveries and new collections.

607 views, and no replies? Really? Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

607 views, and no replies? Really? Smiley Very Happy

Valued Contributor

I guess people don't want to comment if they don't have an answer to your question Smiley Happy looks like Dooney has already started introducing new bags this season. Don't know anything else. Sorry.
Honored Contributor

The number of views is seemingly always legion compared to the number of replies... New fall and winter bags are making their way into stores now and will continue to do so for the next several months. It seems there's no longer a single date that they're all put on the shelves, but that they trickle in over time, probably to keep us coming back... I'd continue to check the Brahmin and DB websites to see what they're unveiling and then you can check the store websites to see if they're yet carrying what you want... Shopping now days, it seems, has become a little too complicated!

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Forgot to add, it does seem the department stores are moving a slowly to move out all the summer bags... I'd also note that at least where Dooney is concerned, the 'new' fall colors seem a little uninspired, and somewhat limited, though still pretty.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Thanks so much, stevieb! Maybe webbots are contributing to the views. Anyway, I think you may be right. I went to a local Dillard's last week, and I couldn't believe that they were just now putting the summer bags on sale. Back when I worked retail, the summer bags were being moved out much earlier, it seems. It seems like every bag I see lately looks the same. Then when I see one interesting online, I can't find a photo of it on a mannequin or model. I need to see it "worn" or carried before I make up my mind if I can't see it in person. There is a great Ugg bag on the Ugg website, but no photo on model anywhere to be found. Hoping to find one soon. Thanks again!