Contributor

Question about the G.I.L.I. Vintage Leather Large Hobo

I am 5'3" and I wonder how others who are my height, or shorter, feel about carrying bags this big. I ordered this bag and REALLY loved it - the smell, the feel, the style, etc., - but it looked so huge on me in the mirror. I thought it looked too big for me and ended up sending it back, although I sort of regret doing that. I really wish Lisa would make this bag 2-3 inches smaller in width/height. What is the general consensus about how big is too big for one's height???

Respected Contributor

Re: Question about the G.I.L.I. Vintage Leather Large Hobo

I'm 5'4"" and it was too overwhelming for me.
Valued Contributor

I don't think there is a general consensus on this topic.... I think it's up to you. If you feel uncomfortable than you shouldn't keep it.... but don't worry about other people's opinion. The clothes should fit the size, but a handbag is an accessory.

I have this bag and I love the smell of it so much! That was the main thing stopping me from returning it....but it wasn't the size that concerned me, but the price.... And I think it's good value for the price....

I'm 5'4" so more of an average height....And I think this bag doesn't look too big although some may think so when they look at me but I don't care. I love the fact that I can carry one bag with my stuff instead of multiple bags when I have to carry water bottles to work or when I want to take a sweater off on my way home - I put it in my bag and don't have to carry multiple items! Love it!

I also think that this bag seems to look less intimidating when you wear it in the crook of your arm vs on your shoulder. It also looks more attractive to me when it's more full than not.... Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Received mine in BLUE and it is BEAUTIFUL!. Soft luxurios leather and smells perfect. I am probably going to keep this one, it is so rich, beautiful, and very very classy!!!!!!