Occasional Contributor
I saw on Lisa Robertson's blog the new "looks" for this Friday's LRS. There is what looks to be a new version of the Roma bag using the equestrian hardware and contrasting color tassel. I like the looks of the black bag. Any of you savvy ladies out there have any more inside info on this?
Valued Contributor

Re: Any info on new GILI bag?

Looks more like one of the GILI hobos, except there is no closure, seems like only one handle, and it's two-tone.... guess we need to wait till Friday to see the details but I personally am not impressed with this one...

Valued Contributor

But it has feet this time! Guess we can't have it all. Lol

Honored Contributor

Some of the models were carrying it on PM Style on Monday. Nice looking bag, but appeared to be pretty unstructured. I don't know, unless they come out with some more Roma II colors I love, bring back some older ones, or take the bags in a different direction, I think I'm pretty much done. They all just seem to be more variations on a theme, and while it's a theme I like, I'm not totally in love with it and think I might have seen enough. Didn't get a really good look at it though, so who knows, I might be pleasantly surprised...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

Well, it's a pretty bag. I love the black leather....however, not a fan of the lizard accents and the bag is just way too wide...18"....it looks weird when it "bends down" in the middle on the bottom - watch the videos.... the black leather looks amazing though....more buttery and better quality, seems like, comparing to the Roma 2 I got in black....

Trusted Contributor

I think it's a really soft leather that won't have to be trained. I can't be training my bags. LOL.

Valued Contributor

The Roma was a knock off of a Gucci. Does anyone know which brand or model bag she copied to make this one?

Valued Contributor

On 8/8/2014 Angel Cake said:

The Roma was a knock off of a Gucci. Does anyone know which brand or model bag she copied to make this one?

Roma 2 is copied after Gucci Soho.

GILI hobos are copied after Gucci Stirrup.

I think tonight's hobo might be a combination of the stirrup & soho in terms of the snap closure Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I liked it a lot in every color, and considered the ivory. I guess it's a good thing it sold out, since I've not had great success lately with bags ordered from QVC, so I didn't bite this time around. Besides, although I thought it was a pretty bag, it was a little larger and slouchier than I'd want and appeared to lack organization. Lisa clearly prefers totes because you can call this a hobo all you want, and that might be the silhouette, but given the size it would function more as a tote.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

On 8/8/2014 tough_kitty said:
On 8/8/2014 Angel Cake said:

Roma 2 is copied after Gucci Soho.

GILI hobos are copied after Gucci Stirrup.

I think tonight's hobo might be a combination of the stirrup & soho in terms of the snap closure Smiley Happy

Yea, the Gucci Stirrup has a buckle closure. Even on the gucci website, in the description it notes the equestrian hardware. And the black Gucci has Stirrup has silver hardware, which I really like. Thanks for the info tough_kitty.