Occasional Contributor

I am in love with the G.I.L.I Exotic Stirrup bag! BUT I have read in different blogs and reviews that Snake Embossed Leather tends to "lift" or get 'fuzzy" in between the scales. Has anyone had this experience with that type of a handbag? If so is there a way to treat it? like with a Leather cleaner of some sort? HELP!

Contributor
Haleh - I can't speak for GILI bags, but I have a Cole Haan bag with embossed snakeskin that I used daily for four months straight without any lifting or fuzziness between the scales. It still looks brand new - such a deal because I bought it at the outlet. I haven't really had to do any maintenance to it either. Hope your GILI is just as easy to take care ofSmiley Happy
Occasional Contributor

Thanks! I appreciate the answer! that is good to know!!

Trusted Contributor

Proceed with caution. That is a dead giveaway that the quality is not there and there is no way to prevent it from happening or to fix it once is happens.

I would never put any type of cleaner/chemical on it for sure.

Frequent Contributor
Haley, I just received the gorgeous blue exotic hobo, but sadly am returning it because there is a spot on the back that the little scales are off and the finish in that little spot is dull and fuzzy. I am not going for another exotic either. I , like you are wondering if it will hold up. I have the vintage hobo and the lizard and both are so beautiful with exquisite leather. If you love the exotic, you would love the lizard. The quality of the lizard is impeccable. I used the lizard on a month long vacation and it took a bit of a beating and is still in perfect condition. The exotic is stunning in blue and it is killing me to have to return it. Maybe this information will help you.
Respected Contributor

I have several lizard and snake print leather handbags, from several different manufacturers. I also have a real lizard handbag. Bottom line, these are not everyday bags. Whether real or embossed leather, over time the scales can lift up and the bag will get shabby looking. I love these exotic leathers, and baby mine to keep them in good shape. I don't wear them on my shoulder where they can rub against the body or carry them in the same hand as something else.