Frequent Contributor
Based on the picture of the new gili hobo, I love the gorgeous blue and ordered it. However, during the show last night, the bags looked like they had too much shine and then Lisa said that the leather was the most affordable so far. She also did not say the leather was from Italy as with the vintage and lizard hobos which I love.That made me very wary so I tried to cancel and was too late. Boy, it shipped fast! Oh well, there is a great possibility, I may be returning this bag. The quality of the leather is everything, especially with a large bag that can carry some weight. All one needs is to have the handles ripping out of the bag because the leather is not strong enough. These hobos are perfect as overnighters as well as everyday bags so they need to be strong. I hope to lower the price point, they did not ruin what was a great bag design. I am hoping for the best! Maybe it will be great.
Occasional Contributor

Re: New Gili Exotic Hobo bag

I hope you enjoy your bag and that it turns out to be durable, but it seemed way overpriced to me. I just received a snakeskin leather bag from the Sharif collection on hsn and it is gorgeous! Very fine quality leather with the same design as the gili bag , but it had a birthday celebration price of $139. It's a different shape--a fan shape--but is a big , beautiful bag. It's still priced under $150 , so you might want to check it out.
Frequent Contributor

Gemlover Thanks so much! I did not realize sharif was on HSN. I used to buy his bags years ago and they were always beautiful! I am going to the site right now! I sense trouble!
Respected Contributor

Check the details on the Sharif handbags before you buy. Many of them are not 100% leather.... the trim or the bottom is often man made material.

Occasional Contributor

Sharif bags are hideous!

Occasional Contributor

How did you find the listing for this bag? Can you share the link or item number? Thanks so much! Sorry, nevermind -- I thought you were talking about the new one coming up this Friday with the exotic accents and tassel...