Esteemed Contributor

Mosey handbags: interesting concept

Is anyone familiar with these? I love lightweight bags that I can just throw around the car and not have to check the weather report in advance for rain etc. Plus I have shoulder issues. So far, I have a lot of Kiplings.

This is an interesting concept. With all the chemicals used in tanning and processing, this company is at least making an effort. Some of them have lots of organization.

Zappos and 6pm.com have a wide range of these.

Thanks in Advance.

The Mosey Collection is made from a special textile, made exclusively from reclaimed P.E.T. beverage bottles. In fact, there is a tag on each Mosey bag telling you how many bottles were rehabilitated in making that particular style. The custom hardware is certified free of nickel, cadmium, lead and other fillers you want to avoid and our leather is real leather from one of the most progressive and ecologically sophisticated tanneries in the world.

• Q. Where are you located?
  • A. We have three bases of operation for our business. Our company headquarters are located in Hong Kong. Our office in Shenzhen, China handles production and fulfillment. Our US office/showroom, in Portland, Oregon is where we do product development and sales. We have complete contact information here.

Mosey - DuffyMosey - TripperMosey - Lauren

Respected Contributor

Re: Mosey handbags: interesting concept

They look interesting to me as I also need lightweight bags.
Respected Contributor

The first one looks very much like a Travelon bag that I have.

Esteemed Contributor

OK...I ordered one from Zappos (on sale and free shipping). I got the Charlotte in Platinum for Fall. I love rolled handles. Just the size I favor. Will report back on arrival. Smile

• Measurements:
  • Depth: 4 in
  • Height: 10 in
  • Strap Length: 15 in
  • Strap Drop: 7 in
  • Weight: 1 lb 6 oz

Respected Contributor

Hi Cindy, I like that one!

Super Contributor

Great post, Hi Cindy - Thanks so much for sharing! And the Charlotte model that you ordered looks wonderful - looking forward to your follow-up report!

Esteemed Contributor

Well, when you have shoulder issues, priorities change. I like the lighter colored lining also. And the top zip for security.

Esteemed Contributor

Problem is, while I was Mosey-ing over at Zappos, I ran up against my old friend Le Sport Sac. I loved these bags back in the 1970's. Look at this Happy Hour bag. Picture a Brighton Key fob hanging from the zipper. . Awww.

Luckily my focus is Fall, not summer fun. Well, not this week anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/30/2014 Hi Cindy said:

OK...I ordered one from Zappos (on sale and free shipping). I got the Charlotte in Platinum for Fall. I love rolled handles. Just the size I favor. Will report back on arrival. Smile

• Measurements:
  • Depth: 4 in
  • Height: 10 in
  • Strap Length: 15 in
  • Strap Drop: 7 in
  • Weight: 1 lb 6 oz

Received the bag today: Zappos had it nicely wrapped and speedy free shipping. I like it for Fall. With neck and shoulder issues, always on the look out for a decent bag that I can throw around the car and take on errands. Dressier than my Kiplings (Defea model) and it was on sale.

Would I buy more? No, this one fills a niche and one will suffice. Like don't love.

As a comparison, at least lately {#emotions_dlg.closedeyes}

Bags I do LOVE: Perlina, Kate Spade (Pippa), Anuschka, Aimee Kestenberg, coated cotton Dooneys, all in the lighter weight versions

Honored Contributor

Really cute, reminds me of Travelon.... I'm going to check them out. Thanks!

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*