Super Contributor

Does anyone know if these are the new version with the snap closure or the older version; or are they mixing the old and new together under this item number? The description appears to be the older version. I do not see any "as is" Roma 2's with the new information but I think it is odd that there isn't any. That's why I was wondering if they are putting all of them under this one item.

Valued Contributor

Re: g.i.l.i Roma 2 Tote ""as is""

I think these are the old ones but you can tell by the colors offered. I think this year colors are all brand new?? Well, almost all of them.

Super Contributor

Yes, they are the older ones. The new ones that should be sold as is are being shipped out as new bags. QVC is doing this more and more.
Frequent Contributor

I ordered one of these and it does not have the magnetic clasp at the top. The bag was nice but it was shipped without the long strap. I had to send it back and they are sending me another bag.

Frequent Contributor

Just as an update, I was sent another Roma 2 and it did not have the long shoulder strap either. I am giving up on this now. Unless I am mistaken, it is supposed to come with a long strap in addition to the smaller ones attached to the purse. I guess buyer beware!

Super Contributor

Thanks for the info. I think I will wait.

Super Contributor

I ordered the Aubergine in the "as is". It didn't occur to me that it might be the "older version" but it was, no snap top...for the price, I am satisfied.

Trusted Contributor

I don't know, but get this: I returned a new version natural ostrich roma 2 for a replacement, and the replacement that came was the first version, no magnetic snap! CS is taking care of it for me but really. Too bad the leather on that bag was great, as I've had excess paint issues on the natural ostrich. I thought all the original version bags went into the "as is" category, but the rep said no, they'll be sold as new until they're all gone. Wow. I wonder if she was sure about that?! Does anyone know how to safely remove excess stain from the ostrich?
Super Contributor

I just ordered the ostrich in natural and I hope I don't get one of the first ones with no snap closure. They were two different item numbers. It sounds like someone got them mixed up to me. I hope I get a good one but I am crossing my fingers.

Frequent Contributor

On 7/9/2014 cgil said:

I ordered the Aubergine in the "as is". It didn't occur to me that it might be the "older version" but it was, no snap top...for the price, I am satisfied.

Did your's come with a long shoulder strap? I liked the purse but I wanted the long strap.