Valued Contributor

I just wanted to ask those who purchased the Roma 2 in the Ivory Ostrich how theirs is holding up after some regular use. Have you found that it gets dirty easily or any color transfer from clothing? Thanks for your responses!

Valued Contributor
I've been using mine every day since I got it. Mine is holding up just fine, love this bag so much, I just got the black. I've mentioned this before and I will say it again, if handles on lighter colors seem to be getting soiled like from self tanner transfer, etc , just use a new Magic Eraser and then dry with soft towel. It works !!!
Regular Contributor

I've used mine fairly often since I got it. I love this bag. It is holding up just fine. Since the leather is shiny and smooth, very easy to just wipe anything off of it with a damp cloth. The more I use this bag, the more I like it. Taking it on a trip today!

Trusted Contributor
I also have used mine regularly since I received it and it is as beautiful as the day I got it. I have some leather conditioner for it that I have yet to put on but will in the next day or so. I haven't worn it with a lot of dark bottoms at this point so can't speak to dye transfer from jeans and such but when I have worn it with dark capris have had no problem. No issues to date with the sealing on the handles or problems with the leather.
Valued Contributor

Thank you all for your responses - very helpful. I have been debating whether to purchase it or not.

Trusted Contributor
Would you use this bag in the winter? I'm in NJ and if it were a light ivory I don't think i could wear it. Some posters have said it is darker than ivory. I would appreciate opinions on the true color. Also does it get softer with use, the natural ostrich is very stiff and structured. Thanks very much. very much.
Super Contributor

It's on this weekend for 5 easy pays. I went ahead and chanced the ivory ostrich. I would love to know if all of these are returns or if there is still a chance of getting a new one. Guess I will find out.

Regular Contributor
On 7/3/2014 luvtoshopathome said: Would you use this bag in the winter? I'm in NJ and if it were a light ivory I don't think i could wear it. Some posters have said it is darker than ivory. I would appreciate opinions on the true color. Also does it get softer with use, the natural ostrich is very stiff and structured. Thanks very much. very much.

You would definitely be able to use this bag in the winter. Someone on the boards described the color as vanilla, and I agree with that description. It's really a year round color. Imo it has a blush undertone. It could do well being wet from the rain. It would look beautiful with black, Navy, browns. I'm so happy I picked this color. It's very versatile. I just love my bag.

Super Contributor
I haven't read any complaints about this bag so I bet it is new. The blush, expresso lizard, and either black or,silver that I got were new, The natural and either black or,silver were used. I could only tell by the packaging . The new ones have like 3 rolled up pieces of tissue paper inside and the handles, tassel and brass were wrapped. The used had plain brown kind of scrunched up paper inside and were only partially wrapped. But they were all like new. The natural had flaws that people complained about, but not from usage. I Do think I prettied it up and eliminated the flaws with my interventions! Smiley Wink. BTW I'm back to square one again. I had ordered a Gucci and planned on returning the Roma's, but got irritated (I was in a bad mood from the Alberti thread) by the Saks 5th Avenue app running across my IPad and refusing to close...so I called to cancel the bag. I can always buy it from Gucci online. I cannot stand intrusive advertising.
On 7/5/2014 ugabugaboo said:

It's on this weekend for 5 easy pays. I went ahead and chanced the ivory ostrich. I would love to know if all of these are returns or if there is still a chance of getting a new one. Guess I will find out.

Respected Contributor
I just received my ivory about two weeks ago and am heavily testing it out. It arrived perfect, no flaws. It is a large heavy bag, I need it because I stuff everything in it including my iPad mini. The handles are very secure and that's important with a large bag. Love mine. The tassel does shed a bit so keep shaking it, eventually it will stop.Smiley Happy