Super Contributor
I love the idea. I am curious as to how many of you actually use a backpack or a backpack style purse regularly? I bought a leather one, plus two other styles to see which will work best. I'm a commuter with a full-time career; a wife; a mother of three young, active children. I love the hands free idea. I love a crossbody purse, but the strap must be comfortable on my neck. Thanks!
Super Contributor

I have a couple of Dooney backpack purses which I use regularly. I find them very convenient and easy to get in and out of!

Super Contributor
Which ones? I saw the new nylon one presented on air last week, and I wondered about it. The little ties that stuck out like wild hairs kept drawing my eye. Not in a good way!
Respected Contributor
Just purchased Ventura convertible backpack leather purse made by The Sak at Macy's. Gorgeous leather and a real steal @ $80+ with coupons and clearance pricing. Never wanted a regular backpack style but this converts to a very comfortable cross body bag. Plan to use it on plane since my iPad fits into it nicely.
We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Frequent Contributor

I use my backpack purses regularly. I have a tinganello leather one, a Vera Bradley one and a Dooney one. The Dooney is a little bit of a pain because the top flaps over instead of zipping closed and I have lost more than one lip gloss.

That said - I love the hands free angle when shopping. Also - it stays out. I have kind of narrow shoulders and a shoulder bag always slips on me. I would really like to see more of these Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I LOVE backpacks AND purses, use both My favorite is a Michael Kors backpack in brown (not the new style out this year, don't like that one) but the one from a year or so ago with the double flat pockets in front. Has a place inside for my iPad and lots of compartments. I actually just sold a Louis Vuitton Damier backpack I had specially made a long time ago because I just don't use it, it's awkward and prefer my MK one! But I also use my handbags as well....

I think for traveling or commuting, a backpack is a great idea....

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor

I have 2 Vera Bradley solid microfiber backpack purses in navy and black. I have a Madden Girl one with pink flowers on it from Macy's and I bought 2 mini ones from Nordstrom (BP Dept).

I have some from Pink as well.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Super Contributor
I love a sophisticated leather backpack purse...(never ever got into backpacks) so I would just sling them over my shoulder, but I think I am too old for them now.
Super Contributor

A few years ago I had a beautiful leather one...I found myself very conscious of people behind me...and started worrying about it. I ended up carrying it over one shoulder and it was very unwieldy...ditched it.

Contributor

I also used backpacks up until college when I felt someone on the subway staircase reach into my bag. I walked quickly away and was safe. Luckily, I didn't have anything but pens and granola bars in that pocket! Since then, I love the idea of a small backpack but I really don't want to be targeted by thieves. It was really scary to have that happen. I would probably only use one if I was heading to my car, for example.