Super Contributor
Has anyone purchased this bag? It only comes in one color, it has a cool flip over hardware closure, and is sadly over $400. It has 2 flaws for me compared to the GILI Roma 2. The back of the tassels are not dyed (like the back of Dooney long straps), and there is no long strap. But I threw caution to the winds and ordered it along with the natural ostrich and snakeskin Roma 2s to add to my black and metallic. I could kick myself for not ordering on TSV day but I won't be keeping all of,these. If I don't absolutely love one, I am going to return them all and sell all my purses and buy a Gucci Soho, although It won't be the ostrich, unless I can sell all my jewelry too. LI've already sold all my gold. Anyway I really want just one Superbag as part of my simplifying, and it has to be of such good quality it will last for the rest of my life like a Dooney would. I will give Lisa credit for making such a gorgeous Gucci Soho knockoff...iunfortunately, it has just made me crave the real thing.
Contributor

I hope you will love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I plan to use mine in the winter months. It is really gorgeous. Think of this - $400 compared to thousand(s)?

Super Contributor
Yes it is a great price, the Roma's are all amazingly priced. I know I will love at least one...hoping I don,t love too many. last time I got obsessed with a bag was the Tignanello multi compartment bag with the 4 outside pockets...have at in about 8 colors...shortly after buying them I Transitioned to bigger bags.
On 6/18/2014 cofeec said:

I hope you will love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is so beautiful !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I plan to use mine in the winter months. It is really gorgeous. Think of this - $400 compared to thousand(s)?

Respected Contributor

Nikalette, I ordered the GILI vintage bag and it had a lot of positives, but they did not overcome the main negative - the HUGENESS of the bag. I loved the color, the quality of the leather, the little flipover closure that you mentioned. But the thing is so overwhelmingly huge it would not sit on my lap on the bus - either direction - without hanging off of my lap, and it was like a part time job managing the girth of it. So I returned it. I bought the Roma 2 instead. I like the idea of buying the Gucci and selling other items to finance it. You might even be able to find a gently used Gucci on eBay.

Super Contributor
Did you try the Roma 2?
On 6/18/2014 cofeec said:

Super Contributor
Yes I checked the size...even though it is only a few inches bigger than the Roma 2, that can be a lot. The problem with Ebay is that many sellers don't take returns and none of them really likes it. Right now I have 2 Ebay bags that I have to sell there. I haven't kept anything I bought on EBay. I've got. A couple of Roma 2s coming so I cancelled the vintage Roma till I see if I like them. I don't really need a new purse now. I like big bags, but I've got the Aimee Lindy which is always sold out on the Q...bought in on Ebay in lipstick red...just Gorgeous, but too big. Looks brand new.
On 6/19/2014 Favorite Son said:

Nikalette, I ordered the GILI vintage bag and it had a lot of positives, but they did not overcome the main negative - the HUGENESS of the bag. I loved the color, the quality of the leather, the little flipover closure that you mentioned. But the thing is so overwhelmingly huge it would not sit on my lap on the bus - either direction - without hanging off of my lap, and it was like a part time job managing the girth of it. So I returned it. I bought the Roma 2 instead. I like the idea of buying the Gucci and selling other items to finance it. You might even be able to find a gently used Gucci on eBay.

Contributor

Thanks for taking up for me. I just really like the bag.

Super Contributor
I first noticed the GILI vintage hobo when one of the models carried it on a clothing show. It's gorgeous, and I was tempted on easy pay day, but I'm afraid the bottom is too wide and would stick out too far.
Honored Contributor

It's a great looking bag, but even for a big-bag lover like me, this one is just too mammoth to be very useful... I ordered one of the large Roma bags a while back and it too is huge. It makes a great weekender, over-nighter, or carry-on, but doesn't work for me as a purse. The Roma 2 is about as large a day-to-day bag as I can really use...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor
During the presentation for,this bag, Lisa referenced another one that was more exclusive (more expensive?) and limited. Nothing about it on her Facebook page. Anyone heard anything?