Regular Contributor

What is it with the GILI Roma II?

I Got It, I Love It..and I can't give it back!

After reading the reviews and comments..everyone's Romas are ALL perfect..I must be 1 of a small handful of recipients that got a defective bag. My Blush is a Quality Control train wreck!..AND YET...I am having separation anxiety!...I think that my chances of having a waitlist order filled, are remote at best. So, I'm clinging to my aesthetically challenged Roma! LOL

PLEASE..talk me down!

Trusted Contributor

Re: What is it with the GILI Roma II?

A bag that costs that much should be good quality. If you are unhappy with it, return it. While the blush is a gorgeous color, there are literally thousands of quality leather bags in this price range. I have seen a lot of complaints about the quality of the first Roma II bag and some of the GILI shoes. Personally, if I'm going to make that kind of investment, I'll go with a name brand. I recently got a gorgeous Isaac Mizrahi New York bag on Ideeli for $107. Retail was 278. It's very well made.

Respected Contributor

It's all the hype. I wanted to buy every color even tho I knew that the style was not one that would work for me.

If the handbag is defective and doesn't meet your expectations then return it. You will find another handbag to treasure. Maybe you will even get a waitlist order filled with a brand new and perfect handbag.

Honored Contributor

It IS a beautiful bag, but if you're not happy with it now, you're not likely to be later. Give it another try and if the next bag is perfect then you'll be glad you did, and if another one ships with flaws, well, at least you gave it a shot. They're clearly accepting wait list orders and I'm not convinced they plan to fill all those orders with returns. Besides, there are lots of reasons bags will be returned aside from quality issues. I do know how you feel though. I got the ivory and I love it. I'm lucky that mine is perfect and if it wasn't I'd have a real hard time letting go.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

Ah..the voices of reason...

pas4.. you are right..with s&h and tax, we are pushing 200. The bag should be in better shape with that price tag.

lavender..Very true..This bag has been hyped by many to the hilt! I am a victim!!!

stevieb..I will probably see of I can exchange for a waitlist Ivory which was my second choice. All of the complaints that I have seen and there aren't many, are all with the Blush bag. It might be best to move in a different Roma direction!

Thanks

Honored Contributor

On 5/21/2014 Have6cats said:

Ah..the voices of reason...

pas4.. you are right..with s&h and tax, we are pushing 200. The bag should be in better shape with that price tag.

lavender..Very true..This bag has been hyped by many to the hilt! I am a victim!!!

stevieb..I will probably see of I can exchange for a waitlist Ivory which was my second choice. All of the complaints that I have seen and there aren't many, are all with the Blush bag. It might be best to move in a different Roma direction!

Thanks

Interesting that you would note that, Have6, because I was thinking the same thing. It seems like the blush had more than its share of citations here about flaws... Too bad, it's a beautiful bag. I do think the bag is reasonably well priced, given the size and leather, but also feel as others that it should be darn near perfect when it arrives to make it worth the cost.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Put it this way, even $5000 bags can be defective; I know as I looked at 10 CHANEL bags and each one had issues. The point is that no matter the item, when massed produced (and there are FAR MORE Roma II bags with this TSV then there were these specific CHANEL bags), there are going to be th9se that pass quality control when they should not.

I don't care HOW MUCH a bag costs; if there are defects then it is NOT worth the price unless..... you really REALLY want and love the bag.

I saw a woman buy one of the CHANEL bags I had passed on due to uneven stitching, leather being off on one part and and issue with the chain all because she WANTED that specific bag in that specific color no matter what.

Do what your gut says to do. : )

Honored Contributor

RETURN IT while you can!

I kept trying to ""train"" my natural ostrich...it is still stiff as a board after 6 months.

Every time I look at it I am reminded how I fell for the hype.

It is NOT soft...the leather is NOT luxurious...it was a phenomenal sell job!!!!!

Do NOT exchange this for the ivory ostrich...it is stiff & fake looking.

Super Contributor

i like that bag. its really beautiful..

Occasional Contributor

I really wanted to buy that TSV, but didn't. I was at the Outlet store the very next day and they were selling them for $59.99. After looking at it there, I didn't buy it either. Very glad I didn't.