Frequent Contributor

Lot my Roma's yesterday and trying to decide if I want to keep the Metalic or exchange for Ivory Ostrich. I got the metallic and it is beautiful and soft just like presented. However I am now wondering if I would get more use out of the Ivory Ostrich (which I don't have in front of me to compare). Was hoping maybe someone out there has both and could tell me which one they would use more often. I know it's a matter of personal choice, but I do appreciate the opinions of others. I've owned the Natural Ostrich for some time and love it as it has gotten better with age. Would 2 Ostrich bags be too much of a good thing. Just wondering.

Trusted Contributor

Hi, beautybrowsing. I don't think two ostrich bags would be too much of a good thing if you love both. My personal opinion is that whatever you could wear with the natural ostrich you could also wear with the ivory ostrich. Those two neutrals (especially the natural ostrich) strike me as being in the "warm"-color family and would look beautiful with cream, taupe, brown, beige, warm oranges, yellows, purples, etc. I see the metallic as a "cool"-color neutral, to be worn with cool/jewel tones such as black, gray, silver, optic white, cool blue and purple tones, etc. If you always wear warm tones, then I'd get the ivory ostrich if you want a second Roma 2. If you wear cool tones, too, I think owning the metallic would give you more options. I do wonder if it would be hard to keep the ivory ostrich looking clean -- it's so light.

I'm glad to read your positive feedback on the metallic! My metallic is out for delivery today, and I'm excited to receive it. I bought the first Roma 2 in black and I really liked the way it looked, but I immediately returned it because it needed a snap closure.

Good luck with your decision!

Frequent Contributor

I agree with MsLomo - If you already have the natural ostrich - the ivory ostrich would go with the same color palette as the natural - warm beige, neutrals, taupes, orange, etc. So I wouldn't think you would need both.

I got the metallic because it goes with so much - navy, green, black, grey, pink - I almost can't think of a color you couldn't wear the metallic with. I also think the metallic you could use in the winter and fall. The ivory may be more of a spring summer bag.

Just my 2 cents....

Frequent Contributor

Daisypap and MsLomo, thank you for your responses. That helps a bunch. I think either way I go, I will be happy. It helps to think of warm or cool tones. I'm more of a warm tone person but also find myself wearing white quite often too. I think the pop of metallic would look good then. I have to admit, there are so many good choices that its hard to choose. Not a bad situation to be in, huh.

Honored Contributor

As you note, bb, it's a matter of personal choice, and I can't really compare the two, because I didn't personally care for the metallic option. All I can tell you, though, is that I got the ivory ostrich, and I also have an earlier version of the natural ostrich, which I like a great deal. The ivory is one completely stunning bag! I absolutely love it! It's fine to have both.

Smile

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

Feeling like a fool? Loving both of them is breaking all the rules.

Trusted Contributor

Brewhaha, you are so funny! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Honored Contributor
On 5/21/2014 brewhaha said:

Feeling like a fool? Loving both of them is breaking all the rules.

This is all just so tawdry...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Frequent Contributor

Hi

I am late to the ""game""- but just waitlisted the natural - but am also thinking about the ivory. The natural looks so classic- but the ivory is so special.I have a D&B Smith in ostrich in tan/natural- does anyone know how the Roma color compares?

I can't decide- maybe I'll follow Brew's advice and love both and waitlist the ivory!

Has there been any movement on waitlist orders- or is it too soon?

Frequent Contributor

No longer Torn.........Decision made...........I just boxed up my beautiful Blush Bag and sent it back in exchange for the Ivory Ostrich. It was a tough decision because the Blush was in perfect condition and oh so soft. It was so shabby/beach chic which just happens to be my style. But in the end, I just thought I would get more wear out of the Ivory. So back goes a perfectly good and unused Blush Bag. Now I can't wait for my Ivory. Let the anticipation begin.