Super Contributor

Aimee Kestenberg handbags........

Why are her bags so very expensive ? Suddenly she comes out of the woodwork, she's not yet 30 years old, so it's not like she's a top designer. So what makes her bags right off the bat so terribly expensive?

I'm really getting tired of these prices for anyone's bags and shoes. I think you should earn it.

I still wouldn't pay so much for bags, because I feel like I'd have to carry them forever to get my money's worth out of them. I like variety and want to buy more than a couple per season.

JMHO.

Regular Contributor

Re: Aimee Kestenberg handbags........

Remee

I don't know because I don'thave one, YET. I recently bought one of her bags at the bay (great buy)....It will be here Saturday, I'll let you know what I think of the quality of the bag.

I agree, if you pay full price, these bags are an investment...I am so cheap...I prefer to shop for bargains! Truth is, I get all my "designer" bags at the bay.

Super Contributor

Have6cats...thanks ! That's a great idea, I'll have to check the bay out. Please do let me know what you think of the bag after you get it. I hope they are quality since they cost so much regularly.

I saw a couple I would love to have, but I don't want to start paying upwards of $ 300.00 per bag, I like to have a good collection. Don't like cheap ones either, but careful shopping can lead you to great brands at great prices.

But over $ 400.00 per bag is ridiculous to me.

Honored Contributor

The reviews of her bags aren't that good. Isn't she friends with Lisa? I either read that on FB or the Insider.
Regular Contributor

What is the ""bay""? Sounds like a great place!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/19/2014 racerrn said:

What is the ""bay""? Sounds like a great place!!!!

e bay.com

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

Actually her bags are not as expensive as DOONEY & BOURKE. I own her largest tote. I adore it. Going back for another color. Well made and worth it.

Honored Contributor

I swear to you the Dooney I have been trying to carry around (I love it) has grown in weight!! I am going to have to send it back.

I never register it right away because it takes a few weeks for me to decide. I am very careful with it.

I've tried her bags. They aren't as good as Coach. I've tried the OrLany (sp) bags. I returned 3 of those stupid bags. They will not fix that stupid thing they do with those big "O" rings. I have had 3 bags and 3 times the tiny screw fell out of the "O".

Go read the reviews about those bags. They are wonderful leather, I love the colors but they have a major design flaw. They are expensive but not as much money as Dooney.

Althought since they've been on the "Q" quite a big their prices are climbing and climbing. I don't know if it is greed (they want more money since people like it). I guess greed is a wrong/bad word. But I'm thinking I'm going over to Coach and buy my bag there.

I've always had good luck with the Coach bags. I'm going to visit my daughter in Denver in a few weeks. We do "POWER shopping". It's nothing to spend $1,000 in a day when I shop for her. I figure that's when I'll get the Coach purse.

Has the OP ever thought of looking at the Coach purses?

Contributor

On 4/19/2014 racerrn said:

What is the "bay"? Sounds like a great place!!!!

At first I was wondering the same thing racerrn{#emotions_dlg.biggrin} but then it dawned on me what "the bay" was. Yep, I do know about the bay, yes how I know about "the bay"{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

I've grown a little weary of D & B so venture out to the bay to check out other brands. This has worked well for me. I have been very pleased with the handbags I have purchased.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown