Contributor

looking for a crossbody for traveling

can anyone recommend a crossbody bag that is good for travel and is big enough to hold a kindle and a wallet and other essentials. I want one that has lots of pockets. I guess that I need a full size bag that will switch to a crossbody bag when I need it and still not be heavy when carrying it. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I really don't care about who makes it. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Respected Contributor

Re: looking for a crossbody for traveling

I love Vera Bradley's Cargo Sling. However, the new ones aren't as nice as the old so you're better off buying older patterns on eBay.

Honored Contributor

If you are open-minded about price, I can suggest a nice D&B for you *ON CLEARANCE* that even has a great hidden slot for a e-reader, I-Pad, etc. Currently it is also on EASY PAY too!

There are only a few left. It is a GREAT mid-sized bag, with a top zip for security, a large gusseted outside pocket, a few inside, it's crossbody...adjustable with handles too. The only color left is the one I have in caramel...so a wonderful neutral that will go with everything...

Lastly, it will last you years and it makes a great all around bag even when not traveling!!! There have been some reviews that say it's heavy...I disagree and half the time I carry a MEGA sized wallet since I have so many store rewards cards for this, that and the other, huge Joan Rivers sunglasses, some make-up, reading glasses, keys, cell phone and still have room for a few more things like tissues, etc. I don't have a Kindle yet...maybe by Christmastime. However, I do put paperback books in that hidden pocket right now and it works great...keeps the book out of the way when trying to grab for other things AND they don't get dog-eared...lol. To me, the bag is worth every penny!!!

WATCH THE VIDEO ENTIRELY so you can see where the special slot is for your Kindle and the entire tour of the bag!!! It is A7511 {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

A HU NOTE: I wouldn't wait too long though to think about it. The only ones left are the very few from those who changed their mind and canceled since it did sell out during the last show a couple of days ago Wink

Esteemed Contributor

You can search "nylon" on Ilovedooney dot com --- great prices. There's a D&B large nylon pocket satchel in orange for $99 (reg. $198). Another is D&B nylon satchel (less pockets), $99, reg. $175, in darker colors. Free Shipping

Respected Contributor

Travelon F11208 here at Q
Contributor

I not sure how stylish a bag you're looking for but I recommend Travelon. They are sold at QVC but also The Container Store, etc. They are not the most stylish bag but very well made and lots of organization.

Respected Contributor

Travelon F11208 here at Q. Lightweight, tons of pockets, durable, inexpensive, large enough for a kindle
Trusted Contributor

I love Travelon F11325, but it says it is currently unavailable. Like you, I wanted one that would hold my kindle, wallet, etc. and that one is perfect. You might want to keep watching for it.

I've had good luck with Travelon. If you want to spend a little more, check out Baggallini crossbody bags. They have several that might work for you.

Trusted Contributor

Kipling bags are great--very lightweight and lots of styles.

Honored Contributor

I'd for sure do Travelon bags too. Wish I was going somewhere to make me need to buy one!!!