Super Contributor

Heaven Help Me! I Need to Choose Between 2 Gorgeous Dooneys!!!

Allow me to start by saying I ADORE purples - violets, fuschias, lavenders, pinks - the whole continuum.

And I've only recently found and fallen in love with Dooneys (well, don't we all?). {#emotions_dlg.tt1}

I bought 2 purses. The second one was a weakness, late one night. (I really need to go to bed earlier....lol. Insomnia is $$$$.)

The first purse is a Florentine Letter Carrier, in violet, for roughly $300 after s/h & taxes. I love crossbodies and, quite honestly, I grabbed it because of the color. It arrived today and is GORGEOUS!!!!

No Image Found

The second purse is an "As Is" - a Florentine Hobo - at half the price.

No Image Found

Do I choose a nice Hobo at a reduced price or go for a FABULOUS $$$$ purse? It's a choice between saving money or keeping a purse I'm really in love with.

What would you do? Advice welcome! Smile

Super Contributor

Re: Heaven Help Me! I Need to Choose Between 2 Gorgeous Dooneys!!!

Irishrose, I've learned from experience to keep the one I'm really in love with ( we are speaking of bags but it rings true for all scenarios lol!!)...I would keep the letter carrier..at the end of the day I think you will be really happy with it...hope this helps and good luck with your decision Smiley Happy))
Valued Contributor

I think the second one is just ok (is it really a florentine?)

The first one is great (and I have that color and love it too) but for an extra $100 I would get a proper big version of the bag. I don't think that little one is worth $300.

Honored Contributor

i prefer the letter carrier to the hobo style.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

I like hobos and I like the better deal. I'd go for purse #2. Purse #1 is a nice color, but I personally don't care for that tall, narrow shape; I prefer the hobo shape.

Trusted Contributor

Get both. I would. Can't beat the deal, plus you luv em.
Honored Contributor

I'm going to be totally honest. I think given the size that letter carrier is way expensive. I saw it presented last weekend and was sort of surprised at the price, even here... It wouldn't work at all for me because I need a larger bag. That said, if you're all right with the price for the size and the size will work for you, and it's clearly the one you want, well, I think you know the direction that's going...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

irish

get the letter carrier. It is so unique. You will use it a lot. I don't have any dooneys, but I do collect handbags. I buy all kinds. But I saw the Letter Carrier in a vachetta color and a black that I am seriously thinking of buying it. God help me. The Hobo is nice, but it is the usual thing.

Respected Contributor

I love the cross body bag. The older I get, the less I carry. Hmm... Does that cross body come in red? Uh-Oh.
If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Respected Contributor

Wasn't the second one a TSV?

I love the first one and I have the hobo. I don't think the hobo is Florentine. I thought it was pebbled leather.