Honored Contributor

How to use a cross body bag Duh

I feel a little sheepish even asking this, but here goes. I have bought two cross body bags but haven't carried them yet. My question is what do you do with them when you aren't walking or shopping? Meaning do you take them off in the car and restaurant? Or just leave them on? I'm a shoulder bag person, I have been my entire life. Having that long strap to deal with is intimidating.

Super Contributor

Re: How to use a cross body bag Duh

Most places I go and hang out with friends/family, it is casual setting so I still have the strap cross over my shoulder even when I sit to eat. For me, the purpose of a cross-body bag is so I do not have to put the bag down anywhere so I put my bag on my person all the time and forget it.

Frequent Contributor

I tend to leave my CB on. Very thin strap/not bulky.

Honored Contributor

I was hoping you would say this. I just didn't want to feel stupid leaving it on. But that sure is more secure. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

They're like any other bag. I don't wear them if I'm not taking them somewhere. I keep mine on the passenger seat when I drive. It hangs off the back of a chair when I'm out eating.

I usually don't even wear mine crossbody unless I need to, like when I'm carrying groceries in or want added security. It's fantastic when I need to carry my groceries up the stairs and know I can sling my purse across my body and not worry about losing it or messing around with it. Sometimes I'll push it around to the back so I can carry other bags more easily.

Super Contributor

depglass, when I was a teenager, I cared a lot about what others think. I'm too old now to care. lol. I just do what works and comfortable for me. Smiley Surprised)

Honored Contributor

When I carry (wear) a cross body it's usually a fairly large one so I take it off in the car, in a restaurant, etc. If I'm wearing a teeny one, for the theater for example, I leave it on.

Respected Contributor

Definitely off when I'm in the car. I can't stand to even wear a cardigan or coat while driving. Usually not even if I'm the passenger.

Honored Contributor

I use the electric carts in the grocery store and for security reasons I leave my bag on. Normally I would take it off in the car or a restaurant as it gets in my way.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

I usually just keep it on, then I always know where it is. I just don't wear it while I'm driving, or a passenger in a car because I always use the seat belt.