Super Contributor

whats your favorite style dooney?

I love the Medium Chiara that they no longer make. I sold everyone of my coach and dooney bags and bought 4 different Medium Chiaras from eBay and spoiled myself with a new all weather leather checkbook wallet. What's your favorite style? And do you have more than one in different colors?
Super Contributor

Re: whats your favorite style dooney?

That's a tough one since I have a couple. My favorite(s) the Florentine Domed Buckle Satchel. I have three, Chestnut, Mustard and Royal Blue. I have to say my AWL satchel in British Tan ranks up there, too. That bag is just the classic, classy Dooney and no one does British Tan better than Dooney.
Super Contributor

I really love my Dillen 2 Drawstring, my Florentine Medium Toggle crossbody and my Lexington (original, pebbled leather). I have a lot of Dooney purses and totes, but those immediately come to mind as my favorites. I'm getting ready to sell a few of the ones in my collection.
Honored Contributor

I love the medium satchels with an outside flap pocket or satchels with at least a slip pocket for my phone. I'm really liking the Lexington tote for day trips because it holds my regular-sized umbrella, a bottle of water, sunscreen, sunglasses, etc and has a slip pocket on either side for my phone or keys.

Contributor

For Christmas I got the Dooney ""small"" Florentine bag in ocean blue and love it!! I hope maybe next Christmas I can get another color also loving the taupe color!

Valued Contributor

For me - its always been the satchels. I love my many Dillen satchels with a lot of British tan trim.

Super Contributor

For me it's Janine, hands down...

I own Aubergine, the Hydrangea Floral in blue and a White one for summer. I'd like to buy another red or burgundy one for Christmas time, but I just can't justify the expenditure until July - sigh...

She certainly does get attention. When I was getting my taxes done the other day, she was suddenly circled by three women wanting to know all about her.

Super Contributor

I bought the domed satchel in blue when it was a TSV. I keep looking at the zip zip satchels too............in pebble and patent. I just can't justify the $$$$ for a bubble gum or sea foam.

For the summer I did splurge on the purple & white hydrangea double handle tote. Sooo cute!!!

Honored Contributor

I can't say as I have a favorite. I tend toward satchels and to a lesser extent totes. I love the Dome Buckle satchel in Florentine and Dillen and I also love the small dome satchel that was a TSV, even though it's a little smaller than I wish and the outside pocket is basically pretty useless. It's similar but I think a tad larger, so I want to purchase a Bristol satchel. I suppose the Clayton is leading the pack for me because of the outside pockets, which so many Dooney satchels lack. I'm also liking the Toledo 'mail' satchel quite a bit, though I don't really understand why they labeled it as such and it appears to be a little less deep than some of the smaller satchels. Although I think they're lovely, I don't like any of the Dooney bags, satchel or otherwise, with the fold over tops and short zippers. In fact, I have a few and am probably going to unload them at some point, as I rarely use them. It's a function over form kind of thing and those bags simply don't work well for me... and given their configuration, those bags could really use an outside pocket.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Trusted Contributor

I would have to say the patent leather drawstring. I bought two the last time Dooney had a 20% VIP sale. I got them in the seafoam & bubble gum pink colors. This style was my very first Dooney purchase over 20 years ago. That one was in the pebbled leather. This style seems to work well for me as the size is just right and the bag isn't too heavy (compared to other Dooneys I own anyway)...