Esteemed Contributor

For those of us with both shoulder issues and skinny wallet syndrome: Kipling

Years ago I went to the chiro complaining about shoulder and lower neck pain and he said "how heavy is your handbag"? He must have heard the THUNK when I put it on the office floor. Well...miracle cure; that was the problem. My issue with Vera Bradley bags, I like them for travel bags and duffles and accessories, but not for around town. Too much print for me. I don't like little dinky bags either since I carry a wallet and stuffed make-up bag, and cell phone etc.

So, I really have fallen hard for Kipling. I have thrown these around the car and slung them over chairs etc. had them rained on and no evidence of wear and tear or stains. And they are kind to the wallet. Macy's is always knocking off 25% and the Kipling website often ships for free. I give the little monkeys to the neighbor girl for her backpack. They have both metallics and now added stripes to add a little spiffiness. I wear a lot of black, navy, and beige so these are coming my way. Check them out sometime. They may be a cure for the "long winter, please let it get warmer blues".

Pahneiro Handbag - 841Pahneiro Medium Coated Handbag - Pearlized Grey Stripe

Honored Contributor

Re: For those of us with both shoulder issues and skinny wallet syndrome: Kipling

Love Kipling; but really love Baggallini. The International Collection is my favorite.

Trusted Contributor

Re: For those of us with both shoulder issues and skinny wallet syndrome: Kipling

I have a Kipling bag for travel. It is so lightweight. I LOVE it. And the monkey is CUTE!

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Cindy, turtle52 and faeriemoon. Since my frozen shoulder, I'm changing the way I think about my beloved leather handbags. I'm currently carrying a coated cotton Fossil messenger bag and love the lightweight and roominess of the bag. I have another printed, crossbody coated Fossil for summer. Lots of compliments! I'm looking at a Mosely everyday backpack for travel days. My husband and I share a small Kipling backpack for hikes and bike rides. I have a large, colorful Kipling backpack that I use as airport carry-on bag. I still gravitate to the leather bags, but the lighter bags are better for my shoulder.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Trusted Contributor

I love the Kipling bags but have yet to buy one. I have 4 Baggalini and recently have grown to really like the small, lightweight back packs. I bought the small black Vera Bradley and hardly know I am wearing it.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the Vera Bradley in the black microfiber too. I got the puffy tote and have my eye on the Emily.

Respected Contributor

I love Kipling! The style I use the most is the Alvar Crossbody.

I have about eight Kiplings...half are Alvar, one is a tote, and the others are a bigger crossbody version.

Love these bags, and I keep all the monkeys on them. It's a conversation starter. People are always asking me about them. Smile

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Valued Contributor

I have yet to try the Kiplings but have been looking at them. My current bag is from REI plus I have a few Vera Bradley Black Microfibers. Since my latest eReader is larger, the Vera's don't quite cut it now.

I would love a nice leather bag, but they are just too heavy.

Contributor

I agree completely. You get great bang for your buck with Kipling. I've been wearing the Alvar and the Jazmyn and just love them. They are light but unbelievably durable. Great construction and they last and last. So many styles to choose from too.

Honored Contributor

When my back is out I have to switch to a small cross body bag, it makes a huge difference. I also carry a cross body when doing a big shopping/flea market day, my back just cannot take the extra weight.