Super Contributor

Do you think that the orYany bags are a line by Cheri Christmas' former husband?

Cheri often said her husband was Moroccan and they even had a Moroccan themed room in their home. One of the definitive themes that seems to run with the orYany line is a Moroccan-esk design within the linnings, tag emblems and imprints on some of the bags. Wonder if this is her ex's line? The even bigger wonder is what happened to Cheri? She was here, gone and then here again, then gone. I loved her price point, but something tells me her niche was replaced by Tignanello; they do operate within the same price point. However, I loved the Maxx line better than the Tignanello line.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Do you think that the orYany bags are a line by Cheri Christmas' former husband?

I don't know what happened to her, but the quality of her bags sure went down. Years ago her leather bags were carried at high end stores, but I wouldn't pay the price so never purchased one.

Honored Contributor

Re: Do you think that the orYany bags are a line by Cheri Christmas' former husband?

they ARE by cheries ex husband.....his name is yacob assayag.

the YA part of oryany stands for his first name. OR is a hebrew word....forgot what it means. the NY stands for new york.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Super Contributor

I thought so, but I wasn't sure. Thanks Sunshine.

Esteemed Contributor

I had some great Maxx NY Handbags...and the prices were right too.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Super Contributor

I always like Cherie- she seemed so natural and 'real'.