Super Contributor

A 232598 Aimee Kestenberg ambush

Okay, I've tried, I've really tried to understand LR and Seanie Sue. I have been looking at Aimee Kestenberg purses, online, since I never watch Q on TV anymore. I get all the info I can from the written descritpion and the pictures. But today I watched 2 videos. On one, Aimee told Seanie, you're giving away all my secrets, as instead of just giving the colors, SS started the bag tour. THIS is the DESIGNER. She is very good at giving tours of her bags. Switched to a different bag, after watching SS squeezing the bags over and over.

So I found another one I really liked and started to watch the video. LR was the host. I could not believe LR behavior. she was grabbing the bag away from Aimee, taking over the tour...Aimee was trying to pull the bag back. It is really unbearable. there was a tug off war, I just couldn't watch the grabbing, and interrupting, and complete lack of respect for the designer. The bag wasn't selling out. pthere are ways to move the tour along if you think it is too slow. I believe there has to be some animus going on, I couldn't watch it so I won't buy the bag, thnks to LR. and I loved it.

I noticed LR has backed off on the Oryany lady, so I'm thinking this must be an older video. I am going to complain on this one. it is the worst I have ever seen in over 20 years. Like the usual Lisa on some kind of ....something. Does she thinks this sells bags?

Honored Contributor

Re: A 232598 Aimee Kestenberg ambush

I watched the Lisa video and I really don't understand your complaint. The hosts control the presentation, period. They are responsible for covering Points A, B, and C. The vendors follow their lead, not vice versa. What the vendors think is important just might not be. Same goes for beauty presentations. Diane Young once high jacked an entire show and Lisa couldn't get a word in edge wise, she just gave up. You could tell there was tension and there was a public makeup session between those two weeks later. Guess who is still at QVC and who isn't?

Honored Contributor

This from a poster who speaks of others having too much time on their hands???

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

It is my opinion if a host has a vendor with him/her the vendor should be given the time and courtesy to present the product without interruption. Unfortunately this isn't the way of the Q in many cases. Perhaps the vendor shouldn't be present and the host can talk for three hours nonstop about each item.

Regular Contributor

On 3/23/2014 suzyQ3 said:

This from a poster who speaks of others having too much time on their hands??? {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Yes, and she actually posted to this poor lady who had older makeup from Bare Minerals and wanted to know the shelf life, NIKALETTE asked her if she "was from a Third World country". Then she went on to say she is a Quality Control nurse, which is NO BIG DEAL, and gave this HUGE discertation about bacteria on a petri dish and hospital acquired infections! I nearly fell off my chair!!! This is one NASTY lady!!!! I would'nt pay any attention to her! I read her post history and she has something rude and nasty to say in every post. Guess she doesn't like herself very much!{#emotions_dlg.glare}

Regular Contributor

On 3/22/2014 Nikalette said:

Okay, I've tried, I've really tried to understand LR and Seanie Sue. I have been looking at Aimee Kestenberg purses, online, since I never watch Q on TV anymore. I get all the info I can from the written descritpion and the pictures. But today I watched 2 videos. On one, Aimee told Seanie, you're giving away all my secrets, as instead of just giving the colors, SS started the bag tour. THIS is the DESIGNER. She is very good at giving tours of her bags. Switched to a different bag, after watching SS squeezing the bags over and over.

So I found another one I really liked and started to watch the video. LR was the host. I could not believe LR behavior. she was grabbing the bag away from Aimee, taking over the tour...Aimee was trying to pull the bag back. It is really unbearable. there was a tug off war, I just couldn't watch the grabbing, and interrupting, and complete lack of respect for the designer. The bag wasn't selling out. pthere are ways to move the tour along if you think it is too slow. I believe there has to be some animus going on, I couldn't watch it so I won't buy the bag, thnks to LR. and I loved it.

I noticed LR has backed off on the Oryany lady, so I'm thinking this must be an older video. I am going to complain on this one. it is the worst I have ever seen in over 20 years. Like the usual Lisa on some kind of ....something. Does she thinks this sells bags?

Is there any one or anything that you DO like?

Trusted Contributor

Oh the topic is priceless, you have to be kidding me. So you loved and wanted the bag but you won't buy it and blame Lisa? Wow something is just not right with your thinking and your bashing of Lisa.
Super Contributor

LR always has to be in control! There always seems to be a ""battle"" when she's up against a vendor that is just as strong in character as she is. She's gotten too big for her britches"".

Respected Contributor

I think sometimes people forget that the hosts have ear buds in and also being directed off screen. It would not be off for the directors to be telling the hosts they need to cover size, interior, amount left, etc.

Deb

New Contributor

I've noticed Lisa doing this with Sue Clifton (Dooney & Bourke) as well. Why have vendors if the host won't let them show their product? I agree that it's very irritating to watch.