Super Contributor

I recently purchased a Coach small Madison Phoebe shoulder bag on sale and I have never owned a Coach before. I was not wowed by the leather when it arrived. It has tiny little straps as well. I did love the organization, and weight. Currently using a Dooney Florentine side pocket hobo. I was looking for organization. Isaac's Bridgehampton leather looks very similar to this bag. It also reminds me of the leather Radley I have. Will the Coach leather hold up? Does it require more care?

Frequent Contributor

I own several Coach bags, and yes, the leather holds up. These are lovely, well made bags. I've never done anything special to my Coach bags versus the other brands, however, I do store them all in dust covers while not using them. Enjoy!

Trusted Contributor

I have a leather coach bag that I've had for at least 15 years and yes the leather has held up very well. The straps are also leather, although they are not like those very thin ones, and they are also still in good shape. It isn't a heavy leather, like some of the Dooney bags, but it still looks like it did when I purchased it. I use it for a few, sometime, several months each year. I also have one of their colorful cloth bags with suede bottom and suede on the straps. I've had that one for around 10 years and use it every spring. I even throw that one into the washing machine, let it hang to dry, and, even with the suede, it turns out really nice.

Honored Contributor

I have several Coach bags and definitely prefer them over Dooney. Coach sells special leather cleaner - you may want to pick up some for your investment.

The Isaac line is nice too. I got the hobo TSV and went back and got two of the quilted bags - one camera bag and one crossbody. They are very high quality, I prefer Isaac's line to Dooney too (and the prices are much better!)

Super Contributor

My coach tote less than a year old now has cracking and stripping on the handle. Smiley Sad

Trusted Contributor

I adore Coach.

I have a number of bags, both from the full price store and Coach Outlet's. They have all held up wonderfully.

I do switch bags out and store them with reasonable care, but, I'm not interested in any bag that I have to baby.

Mine get used and, as I said, have held up very well.

Contributor
I own several Coach bags. They are my favorite brand and I Find they are so much softer and more "comfortable" to carry Than the few Dooneys that I also have. They just wear like Iron, and I am not over protective with my bags. I have never Had leather cracks in a Coach bag.
Respected Contributor

I prefer D&B but my friend likes Coach. I was at the outlet stores yesterday. 30% off everything. And some items were already in the 50% off area. So think 50%, then 30% and somehow there was an extra 20% off everything. At the very least 30% then 20% off everything. Truly amazing. No Dust Bags Given.

Dooney had mostly 30%-60% off plus an additional 10% off at least 2 styles.

Valued Contributor
On 3/23/2014 DogLvr said:

I prefer D&B but my friend likes Coach. I was at the outlet stores yesterday. 30% off everything. And some items were already in the 50% off area. So think 50%, then 30% and somehow there was an extra 20% off everything. At the very least 30% then 20% off everything. Truly amazing. No Dust Bags Given.

Dooney had mostly 30%-60% off plus an additional 10% off at least 2 styles.

I was at the Carmel, CA...Coach outlet on Thursday and also on the prior week in Livermore, CA, and the coupon they handed us was an extra 30% off....then an extra 20% off, after the 30% was taken. (Bags are already discounted - then, some are 50% off clearance price, then use the coupon!)

Macy's has some Coach bags for 25% off right now...not sure if there's anything anyone is interested in, or not..but thought I'd share!

Valued Contributor
I own several Coach bags. I have one Michael Kors bag. I will never buy another Kors bag I like the purse I have but the leather strap was ripping. Lucky for me it was under warranty. But if it tears again, I'm stuck paying for it. Never had a Coach bag do that. I am eyeing a D&B bag. But I need another purse like I need a hole in the head!