Contributor

Think I was sent a returned bag.

I recently order the Maisie suede Crossbody bag in Maple. Loved the look of the bag and thought I had finally found a crossbody bag that was going to work for me. The bag came today and I am pleased with the color. Perfect color of brown. The thing that got me was when I looked into the pockets I found a bright pick stylus. Kind of baffled me. Was he giving these with bags. haha No I didn't think so. Then I noticed I didn't get a dust cover and the presentation shows one. The bag had been stuffed with paper. Something didn't seem right. The bag looks pristine. Maybe the holes in the strap had been adjusted also. I have been shopping for over 10 years and I shudder to think how much I have spent, so I made my first call to their customer service to voice a complaint. The rep was so nice when I told her my issues. She said she would send another one out or she could credit me 10% back. I really had plans to use this bag this weekend and as I could see no issues with the bag I took the discount. My question is did anyone have an issue like this and do you think I should keep the bag. This is my first B bag. I know it's cheap for one of his, but still a small investment for me. Just curious..

Honored Contributor

Re: Think I was sent a returned bag.

By all accounts, it happens. There have been numerous posts of customers indicating they're received returned items. Of course, it also happens elsewhere and in the brick and mortar stores, and probably more than we know.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

If the bag is in good shape, and you love it, keep it and enjoy it. Handbags bought in store are handled by lots of people and can even be returns too.

Honored Contributor

Unless there was something wrong with the bag, I wouldn't have even called. You buy stuff in department store that has been manhandled by the public but complain about a pristine bag?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

If I assume I am getting an unused, new bag and it is clear it isn't, I would return it and ask for them to pay shipping cost....in a store you are able to examine the bag yourself and select the one you like; when ordering you must depend on QVC to do the selection for you.

Frequent Contributor

I'm with the OP and upsidedown on this one.

I've had so many experiences where I've received returned items from online retailers. Once I order a long, strapless silk dress that was an obvious return--balled up and squeezed into a little plastic bag. I knew it was a return when I reordered another size and it arrived on a hanger and beautifully packaged as if it had yet to be touched by anyone.

My favorite incident was with a MAJOR department store. Ordered a very expensive, large leather bag. It arrived shifting around a carton, not even in a plastic bag or manufacturer's sleeper bag. Inside the zipper compartment was an umbrella cover and gum wrapper.

Had another problem with a company that has a 365-day return policy. The first Frye belt I ordered had all tags and looked brand new. Had to exchange the size and the replacement was thrown in a plastic bag with nothing else. There was still some type of leather cream or something on it; apparently it was worn and attempted to be cleaned before being returned to the seller or even by the seller and then unsuspectingly purchased by me, who thought I would be getting a brand-new item.

If these are sale items, it's one thing. But expecting to receive new merchandise and get something shopworn or used is another.

Honored Contributor

I think we should expect brand new non previously sent to a customer handbags from a shopping channel. Some people purposely buy from them and pay shipping and handling for this reason. QVC offers "as is" and that is where returned merchandise should be offered. I bought and received two gingerbread houses early last fall that were clearly returns and even had obvious defects. Why weren't those offered "as is"? I called CS and got a discount plus the s&h refunded to me. I would surely have returned them, but such a hassle.
Contributor

I just received the new cheveron dooney TSV in black' and it was not wrapped like the new one's ' and the registration card read the wrong numbers and read the bag was pink! now; I contacted CS' and they said they will check in to it. haven't heard nothing from them my husband E-MAILED CS' and there replied if your not happy send it back! THAT '' was not right

Honored Contributor

So the OP said she got a pristine bag. What's the point in calling CS except to shake them down for a discount? As I said, I wouldn't have bothered.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I agree with the op. I got a bag with a used tube of lipstick in it and a blazer with a used tissue. Would you people who disagree, keep those items.? But the most important thing is they emphatically tell you that they NEVER SEND OUT RETURNS, I guess the manufacturers put those items in those purchases. Tell me another ridiculous story!