New Contributor

Selling "As Is" G.I.L.I Leather Roma 2 Tote Item # A254973. Insulting!

So now they are selling the returned bags "As Is". This is just insulting. QVC, let them go! They are junk. Take the hit and start over again.

This is ridiculous!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Selling ""As Is"" G.I.L.I Leather Roma 2 Tote Item # A254973. Insulting!

Used Bags are not always sold "As Is" by the Q. The last time I purchased a handbag (a B. Makowksy) from the Q .. a supposedly brand new one, not an "As Is" bag.. it was so obviously used! There were no wrappings. And the prior owner had even left numerous pieces of candy and some empty wrappers in all of the compartments.. which the Q left there! It obviously went back... and I will never purchase another handbag from the Q as a result.

Super Contributor

"This product may be a customer return, vendor sample, discontinued inventory, or on-air display and is not in its originally manufactured condition. It may not be new. In some instances, these items are repackaged by QVC. Accordingly, the manufacturer may not honor any original warranty. However, QVC's standard return policy still applies. A card will be included in your package explaining these points in greater detail."

The item listing will give you the original item number; if the item is still available in regular inventory, the odds are that there's something wrong with the As Is item.

I have had fabulous luck finding discontinued merchandise at great savings.

Contributor

On 12/10/2013 drexel-navymom said:

often the AS-IS are prior on-air samples!

Yes, that is true but NOT in the case with these bags!!

Contributor

ITA with Maize Belle. I tried one of these "as-is" bags and it arrived in horrible condition. I left a product review online too. It was used & defective having the same ongoing cracking problem with the rubber sealant on the handles etc. So I do believe they are unloading and dumping these bags for sure. They need to stop selling this defective bag, BE ETHICAL!!!

Occasional Contributor

I agree with the comments above and feel bad for those who were disappointed with their purchase, however, keep in mind that there are more of us that received perfect bags, still have them and there are no issues. If you count the names on here with issues, it is a very small percentage based on the number of bags sold. I have worked in retail for years, and this happens everywhere. Sometimes there are bad batches, remember human beings are behind the manufacturing of each and every bag. So while I appreciate everyones concerns and feel bad for those that had to return their bag, I am loving mine and I have no issues. That is also why QVC and most retailers take returns. I will also be purchasing more of this bag as I love it and it is my go to bag.

Frequent Contributor

I got a really good bag. There wasn't anything wrong with mine.
Honored Contributor

On 3/23/2014 Shoppergal said: I got a really good bag. There wasn't anything wrong with mine.

And I'm going out on a limb here and predicting you weren't, uh, insulted...

Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Regular Contributor

I have ordered 2 As IS bags. One from Dooney and Bourke which was in perfect condition, although missing the dust bag that went with it. The other was an Isaac Mizrahi which was scratched up pretty good. I have a freind who orders the As IS bags and she has been lucky so far with the exception of a Dooney and Bourke that had something sticky all over it. If they're only using them as demos on the show or the models carry them, then I think it could be a good deal. You can always return them if you don't like them.

Trusted Contributor

On 12/12/2013 TrailBlazer05 said:

Last night this GILI Roma 2 was being presented again (it was touted a 'Hot Pick' nonetheless) with Lisa being the host and she was pushing it hard! Even to the point of saying there are so many people raving about how much they love their bags. She went on to say she owns several and loves them too. I really couldn't believe what was coming out of her mouth. There have been many many people on her FB page complaining of the defect of these bags and Lisa either chooses not to address those concerns or she deletes their comments! THAT is so very wrong!!

She is all about pushing her merchandise out the door and making money and not about integrity. Certainly changed my opinion of her.

</ First of all, QVC owns her line, she does not. I have one of her Roma totes and love it it is perfect and have had many compliments and must say it's my favorite bag. I'm thinking of buying another one. Also there are many many excellent reviews. This is not the first item that people complained about it being defective, there have been many others. Remember the Judith Ripka watch that everyone was complaining about a few years ago? I've never read so many complaints as that one BUT Judith continued to sell it and the defect was never addressed because no one could get in touch with her company. Then there's the temptations cookware where everyone was talking about lead in the paint. The list goes on. It's not Lisa's fault that the handles are cracking. QVC has them manufactured in China and their Quality control department should be inspecting them and not allowing them to be sent out to customers. As fas as 'as is' items go, I've purchased a few and they were perfect. It does not mean they are defective. Maybe QVC should look into having products manufactured here in the USA..May solve a lot of problems but of course it's all about the profit and the money.