Better Than Black Friday
78 Members and 14770 Guests Online

All About Handbags

Handbag "organizers"

Started 1366046726.833 in All About Handbags | Last reply 1367206637.913 by gingi
Does anyone recommend a handbag organizer like the one by Lori Greiner? I have two handbags that are pretty much unususable for me due to the lack of structure and inner pockets (a big slouchy B Mak satchel with only one outer pocket for example). I would want to organizer so that I can find my keys and wallet easier. I don't know if it will make the bag just too heavy and "full" though even when empty. It sort of seems like you are stuffing a whole additional purse inside a purse which seems bulky and heavy to me. Does anyone have any comments on either the SG one or another recommendation?

Page 1 of 1
ballinmom1366047236.853265 PostsRegistered 3/22/2012

Well...I wasn't really sure about a handbag organizer, but I knew I wanted to try one. I went to the pursefection website and checked out what they had, Walmart, then finally I checked on Ebay and bought one for about $3.98 including shipping. Of course it came direct from Hong Kong, but they had several sites offering the same organizer--all direct from China. I've been using it now for about 4 weeks and I love it. It's made of grey nylon with 2 zipper compartments with bright yellow zippers. They had several different colors. Not sure where the other brands are manufactured or of the quality, but I feel I got a great deal. I mean $3.98--really!

wowee1366048735.9233415 PostsRegistered 4/9/2008phoenix

Yes, the "kangaroo" is the BEST one I have found, website, and at CVS..Was a "as seen on TV" product..Very well made, nylon, plenty of pockets, you get two different sizes. one small, one big..

happy hous­ewife1366049282.97332671 PostsRegistered 1/4/2007

I am not one for carrying all my worldly possessions in my purse . I also do carry a small cosmetic bag that holds the little stuff that would be rolling around in there so I don't need an organizer. I tried one once and it was almost empty in there so I now keep it in the consol in the car where it has proven useful. In my purse right now is a cosmetic bag - wallet - glasses - sunglasses- hanky - umbrella. In outside pockets are cell phone and keys. that is the total of it. a messy purse makes me crazy (and it doesn't take much) so i keep it nice and clean. i always keep one pocket for trash so it isn't lying in the bottom of my bag, and keep that pocket emptied out regularly. I am very particular about having a neat purse.

When faced with senseless drama, spiteful criticism or misguided opinions walking away is the best way to defend yourself.To respond with anger is an endorsement of their attitude. -Dodinsky

Stely1366053877.19326 PostsRegistered 12/21/2012

Recently got: Nifty Nylon Purse Organizer Insert for Handbags from Amazon based on very good reviews. It’s not very expensive and with Prime it ships free. I got it for my B. Makowsky Glove Leather Convertible Messenger Bag w/Flap Closure which has no structure without the insert.

Last edited on 4/15/2013

Last edited on 4/15/2013

kachina6241366054751.1816655 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004New Mexico
I have the LG organizer but I use it in the bathroom for cosmetics and it's great for that. I carry medium size bags and this organizer would be far too large and bulky for my bags. I do have one I got from the Q made of a satin material and I like it for my bags.

ballinmom1366054973.38265 PostsRegistered 3/22/2012
On 4/15/2013 Stely said:

Recently got: Nifty Nylon Purse Organizer Insert for Handbags from Amazon based on very good reviews. It’s not very expensive and with Prime it ships free. I got it for my B. Makowsky Glove Leather Convertible Messenger Bag w/Flap Closure which has no structure without the insert.

Last edited on 4/15/2013

The models on Amazon sell for $11.95 and $19.95. I got the exact same organizer on Ebay direct from the manufacturer for $3.98.

http://www.amazon.com/Nifty-Nylon-Organizer-Insert-Handbags/dp/B005NKK0XE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1366054360&sr=8-1&keywords=Nifty+Nylon+Purse+Organizer+Insert

vs.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Hot-Women-Lady-Handbag-Purse-Organizer-Insert-Multi-function-Bag-in-Bag-/130724861377?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&var=&hash=item1e6fcf15c1#ht_10540wt_838

or

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Women-Travel-Insert-Handbag-Organiser-Purse-Large-liner-Organizer-Bag-Amazing-/370784623842?pt=US_CSA_WH_Handbags&var=&hash=item56547c5ce2#ht_16775wt_679

{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Baxjaxmom1366056470.9972508 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I think the concept is great because I am forever "digging" for everything that falls right to the bottom of my bag and purchased one once, only to find that it was much smaller than I anticipated and more than that, realized once I got it that of the bags I have, all of them have a center zippered pocket which prevents being able to sit the organized down into the middle of the bag so it was worthless and I returned it. I wasn't going to go buy a bag just to accommodate the organizer! I guess the next new bag I purchase, I'll try to shop for one that is open without the center pocket and then try again.

sandy531366057914.707926 PostsRegistered 1/10/2008
On 4/15/2013 ballinmom said:

Well...I wasn't really sure about a handbag organizer, but I knew I wanted to try one. I went to the pursefection website and checked out what they had, Walmart, then finally I checked on Ebay and bought one for about $3.98 including shipping. Of course it came direct from Hong Kong, but they had several sites offering the same organizer--all direct from China. I've been using it now for about 4 weeks and I love it. It's made of grey nylon with 2 zipper compartments with bright yellow zippers. They had several different colors. Not sure where the other brands are manufactured or of the quality, but I feel I got a great deal. I mean $3.98--really!

This is the one I would recommend, also. I use it in a slouchy Tig hobo and in a Dooney tote. I like it very much for the structure it gives the hobo. Great price. Some others are so expensive. Check the listing for the size.

lavenderju­nkie1366064739.1613205 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

I use the PursePerfect organizer that I got on Q years ago. It works great. But I think that it adds a little weight to the handbag and also concentrates the weight of your items all together... making the bag seem heavier. But it's a pleasure to be able to reach into the handbag and know exactly where everything is.

CAshopper2­0111366065662.843499 PostsRegistered 12/20/2009
Thanks ladies, I think I will try one of these cheaper versions. The bag I want to use has only a cell phone pocket on the outside. So my keys just fall to the bottom and because the bag is big... Really, it's not a good design. I don't keep that much in my purse but do want room for a wallet, keys, sunglasses, a small makeup bag and a pen. Maybe a small pack of tissues. But dump all of that into a big unstructured bag and you can't really find anything at all. I also have a couple of large totes and thought it might be nice to try out an insert.

shoekitty1366066173.35713112 PostsRegistered 8/10/2006

Don't you just hate those super slouchy hobo type handbags with no structure at all. When I put them down they ball up like a sleeping cat! I do not buy those handbags anymore. When I did have them I believe I bought an organizer from HSN. It was about 20 bucks and had all sorts of compartments, even had a little light!. It added a little weight to a couple of all ready weighty bags. The compartments might be handy, and they were well thought out..but I never used them. I wound up donating the organizer. That is just me. I carry very little in my bags these days. They did add a little structure, but i had to put a piece of cardboard on the bottom of one bag. Now I am very picky about certain aspects of a handbag.

life is a banquet and most poor fools are starving to death!"
Auntie Mame

CAshopper2­0111366066675.8273499 PostsRegistered 12/20/2009
Ok, I'm just going to get the $2.99 one and see if he concept works for me (Thanks ballinsure!) and if I love it may invest in another one but you can't beat $2.99 with free shipping!!

ballinmom1366074614.137265 PostsRegistered 3/22/2012
On 4/15/2013 CAshopper2011 said: Ok, I'm just going to get the $2.99 one and see if he concept works for me (Thanks ballinsure!) and if I love it may invest in another one but you can't beat $2.99 with free shipping!!

I hope you like it as much as I do. I change bags pretty frequently and this makes it so much easier!

CAshopper2­0111366075493.1673499 PostsRegistered 12/20/2009
I'd forgotten but hat one of the best selling points Lori made when her version was aired. That you can switch bags more easily. I have so many things in various pockets that switching out bags isnt something I do before work in the morning, but with this little pouch in there I could try! Im glad the eBay/China one doesn't have handles like the Q version. I dont want any more bulk than is necessary.

karlam1366076071.157624 PostsRegistered 12/4/2008

I have this one and it is great, especially for the price. I find myself changing my bags more frequently and actually using more of my bags.

avid shopp­er1367060159.983380 PostsRegistered 8/24/2006NY

I couldn't have said it better! Originally purchased set of 2 LG organizers, no longer available, only need one so put the other on EBAY. If I ever needed another one I would go the EBAY route.

AuntG1367060920.1976513 PostsRegistered 1/31/2009Wisconsin

A nice feature is that you are able to move the contents from one purse to another. I don't think an expensive one is needed so grab one of the cheaper ones and give it a try.

TY1367134874.134092 PostsRegistered 3/22/2007

I have a structured handbag organizer that I don't really use but because it's structured it is useful to hold all those remote controls from the TV, DVD, and PVR cable box. That way the remotes are all in one place and don't get misplaced.

gingi1367206637.89282 PostsRegistered 8/24/2005

I also own the Ebay one in grey and it works as well for me as some of the more expensive ones. I've used the grenier and the original purseket (my least favorite of the 3) in the past. My only issue is that the mesh in one of the pockets tore but frankly considering the price and how long I've owned it I will repurchase. I swap bags quite a bit for work and I adore these things.

Page 1 of 1