Occasional Contributor

Disappointed in QVC and Affinity

I am not the kind who normally posts on blogs or threads, but my recent experience with QVC and Affinity compels me to reach out and warn others. For Christmas I purchased several colored diamond bands, a couple as gifts and a couple for me. Just two weeks after Christmas 2 stones fell out of my rings. Luckily I found one stone, but not the other. The ring is no longer available so I contacted QVC for help. I just wanted to pay for a replacement stone. I understand there's no warranty, but was shocked when QVC told me there is no contact for Affinity. I was told, in a rather curt manner by a Q supervisor, that there are no warranties and QVC has NO WAY to contact Affinity or anyway to ask Affinity to contact me. So my only option is a return BUT if this happened on Feb. 1st I would be out of luck. So, I asked for more time to find a jeweler (my usual jeweler says he cannot match the red color). QVC also rejected that request. I am very concerned how that they hid behind the lack of warranty and I am left asking if neither QVC or Affinity (whoever they are) offers a warranty or even contact info, even for a limited time after purchase, then what is the actual quality of Affinity workmanship and products? This experience makes QVC's statement about Affinity "10 steps for quality assurance" laughable and I feel pretty misleading. They will wash their hands of you after 30 days and hide behind no warranty. Even chain and department stores treat you better than that and most give far longer return deadlines than QVC all year round. Sorry to say my confidence in Affinity and QVC has been completely eroded. If QVC won't stand behind the products, and they can't even help me contact their own manufacturer, what kind of product are they selling? I've spent thousands on Affinity bc I trusted QVC. Now I'm just hoping the pricey gifts I gave this year won't be junk in a few weeks like my ring. Other buyers beware.
Honored Contributor

Re: Disappointed in QVC and Affinity

I'm pretty sure Affinity is a QVC brand and if that's the case, CS IS the contact... Sorry for your experience. Over the years, I've purchased a number of rings from Affinity without incident, but will certainly keep an eye on them. Of course, based on what you're saying, even if problems should develop there won't be much I can do. I see myself buying less and less from QVC and I suppose this is yet another place to cut back.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, I am saddened bc I also bought plenty from Q and believed them to be best in customer service. Now I will have to think twice, especially when looking for gifts. Seems so odd there's not anyone at QVC who can help. They have to get these products from somewhere. I learned that bottom line is they tout high quality but once it's sold its our problem, so hopefully luck is on the customer's side. Anyway, happy new year to you :-)
Esteemed Contributor

Sorry about your experience. I haven't bought anything from the affinity line lately but somehow it wouldn't surprise me to find that this is another "house brand" for QVC.

IMO, even though you like it, I'd return the ring and get my $ back. Make sure you call CS and tell them that it is defective so you get your S&H back, too.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for your concern. I am struggling with what to do, I did love the rings but may just return them now. I'm worried about the ones I gave as gifts and hoping this issue doesn't repeat itself. I realize it's a QVC brand but that makes it more disappointing, I'd thought QVC could/would back up their own line. Happy new year to you :-)
Respected Contributor

Since you can't replace the stones, or match the stones, send the rings back. If you don't you'll be stuck with pieces that are defective. It's not worth keeping them.

Honored Contributor

You can probably get similar, if not identical, rings during some of the diamond shows on ShopHQ. Chuck Clemency provides most of their diamond jewelry and has bands in all colors but as far as I can determine, he also has no CS. That seems to be the case these days. I can see them being made by automation in a hole-in-the-wall factory overseas with no provision for doing repairs. I too would send them back.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I would send the ring back. Expensive jewelry is something I would only purchase from a local store that I trust. I don't really trust QVC on many of the high dollar items they try and sell. My local jeweler stands behind his diamond sales for as long as you own them, you only have to bring them in once a year to check the mountings. This is done free of charge.

Occasional Contributor

I agree, now I see going to a trusted local source is best. Just to reiterate, I didn't blame QVC for the loss or expect a free replacement stone. Just thought they stood by their own products so hearing the supervisor write off ANY connections with Affinity, and repeat their no warranty defense over and over, was very eye opening. Thanks to all for your support and I hope this helps someone else avoid the same situation!
Respected Contributor

Just send the rings back. There is no "Affinity" company; that is just the name QVC uses for it's own line of diamond jewelry. Why hold onto a ring that is useless now? When things are made by the thousands, you have to expect a few lemons along the way. Return the ring while still can.