Respected Contributor
Does affinity silver pieces tarnish, what about Epiphany line. I'd appreciate input. Thanks
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Tarnishing, rhodium plating

I had pieces from Affinity in silver and the Epiphany line (gave them to my niece after owning them for several years) and never had issues with tarnishing but I kept them in one of Lori G.'s tarnish proof boxes. And they were also very old pieces, I haven't purchased silver or epiphany in several years, don't know if they have changed the formula.

Super Contributor

I can't speak for the lines your asking about but rhodium doesn't tarnish.

Super Contributor

I was just going to post about this {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

This morning I decided to wear J297164 (now showing as sold out), the Affinity "Eternity" pendant. Before I put it on, I thought I'd give it a clean with a polishing cloth. It's been in my jewelry box for over a year; things that I haven't worn for a while generally benefit from a quick polish. You can always get a bit of tarnish off sterling, right? Well, not even the tiniest bit of black came off on the cloth. It was like polishing steel.

I was about to post, asking if Affinity silver was lacquered (rather than rhodium plated). My piece says it was made in India; I don't think they routinely rhodium plate Indian silver work.

I don't know about other Affinity pieces, but this particular item is extraordinarily tarnish-free.