New Contributor
Why is Michael leaving QVC?
Respected Contributor
Michael from affinity left? I haven't seen him. That's terrible. he was very handsome and an elegant man who had class.
Respected Contributor

Reever... yes, sad but true. Another poor QVC decision.

They are becoming so predictable and boring, and very cookie cutter in their approach. I think they need a new management team! I rarely watch anymore. I find their programming, offerings and changes DULL.

Esteemed Contributor

Michael was one of the most personable and fun guests/vendors that the Q had. They should have gone out of their way to accomodate him. I miss him on the Affinity shows already.

Honored Contributor

If it's a contract dispute with QVC, I wonder if he'll be hired by HSN? Or one of the other shopping channels? There might be a time lag, but who knows. Maybe we'll see him again in the not to distant future. I agree - a class act!

Respected Contributor

AffinityDiamond 1/5 ct tw Baguette and Round Ring, 14K Gold I ordered this yesterday, based in part on the excellent reviews. I've had very good experience with Affinity jewelry, at least for the 2-3 pieces I've tried. Can't wait to receive this! Will miss Michael's presentations.

Harmonize the World
Contributor

I am sad to read this. I really enjoyed Michael's presentations. He'll be missed.

New Contributor

Now that Michael no longer hawks the Affinity line, I notice the hosts are becoming very deceptive in their practices. They now say that an item from Affinity consists of NATURAL diamonds that are color-treated. HELLO! Diamonds are not natural if they've been heated or irradiated to produce color. They may be genuine diamonds that are color-treated, but they are not natural. The day I heard this, there was another show later with a different hostess who said the diamonds were natural because they had NOT been treated in any way. So which is it, QVC? Do you now consider color-treated diamonds to be natural? You really need to clarify your statements. While Michael's line wasn't always the best, he wasn't trying to trick us. You can say the diamonds were once natural, but no longer are because of treatments, but you can't say the diamonds are natural once they've been treated.

You also need to clarify other deceptive things, i.e. claiming that diamonds that have been irradiated had the resultant color already in them to some extent. This also isn't true. When diamonds are HEATED, they produce color that was latent within them, but irradiation creates colors that were never there.

Super Contributor
On 1/25/2014 Honest Ann said:

Now that Michael no longer hawks the Affinity line, I notice the hosts are becoming very deceptive in their practices. They now say that an item from Affinity consists of NATURAL diamonds that are color-treated. HELLO! Diamonds are not natural if they've been heated or irradiated to produce color. They may be genuine diamonds that are color-treated, but they are not natural. The day I heard this, there was another show later with a different hostess who said the diamonds were natural because they had NOT been treated in any way. So which is it, QVC?

Michael said the same things. Color enhanced diamonds are natural diamonds that already had the properties to be a particular color. You can't create a blue diamond out of any ol' diamond. That's why it's "enhanced," to make the color better.

Champagne diamonds are natural and not color-enhanced.

Honored Contributor

I keep wishing it wasn't true that Michael O'Connor is not on with Affinity Diamonds anymore. The Affinity shows are not the same. I agree with many of you that he was an elegant, handsome man with a lot of class and grace. His diamond knowledge was impressive, and best of all, he was REAL. What a kind heart! For us, he was a symphony and we will greatly miss his warm smile and heartfelt stories. Any chance he could come back with Affinity or even as a QVC Host? His style obviously goes much further than jewelry. I saw that QVC hired two new hosts recently, and we look forward to seeing them on air, but when you know someone like Michael, who "has it," perhaps consider him for the future? All the best to Michael, always.Smile