Regular Contributor

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. I bought this bag for a trip south to a wedding. She ((Lori) stated that this bag will fit in the overhead. Now I am reading reviews which says it will not...ugggh. Anyone know? Also she made it sound as if you could just detach the cosmetic case when you go through security because it is clear. Will I still need the big plastic bag> This is all compartmentalized so it kind of defeats the purpose if I cant just snap that out. : ( Item number H201762 Thanks!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: Lori Greiner weekender bag.

It depends on the size and age of the plane! I used it 4 trips last year...involving 8 different planes (wish I could get a direct flight to SOMEWHERE!!) 2 different airlines (Delta & US)

Anyways, she is incorrect in stating it will fit in all overheads. It fit in exactly half! The other planes I had to take stuff out...and have a 'man' cram it in for me! The wheel base seem too wide and the bag too FAT in design...it wasn't that it was overstuffed. I removed my 'good stuff' since I knew we would be cramming the bag in...didn't want to take a chance of breakage.

The planes that it didn't fit in weren't necessarily the smaller planes! The overheads were just shaped differently or smaller. It seemed like it didn't fit in the older planes.

Our TSA would not let me pop out that cosmetic case for my liquids. You MUST use a quart zip lock bag only. But I used it for so many other things!

When it fit..it is a great bag. Easy to wheel and fits a lot of stuff. The planes it didn't fit...well, kinda a big pain...holding people up to readjust everything. Flying in Dec. again...may just skip it this trip.