Super Contributor

Please need help finding where i can purchase eye glass frames?

I have an old pair of progressive glasses... The frame I have is no longer available...

Have tried several vision centers in my area.. No one has anything similar to find...

Need a new prescription and cannot find any thing that I like..

Was told by one place to look for a low bridge one..

Have progressive glasses which has a small lenses

My eyes are very sensitive and need plastic frames... Since I suffer from very bad sinusitis the metal ones are not for me...

I am wondering if any stores will sell me just the frames.? I would prefer to use the Optician who is connected to the Ophthalmologist I go to yearly

The Optician did not have any frames that would work for me...

She advised me to look around for one that would suit my need...

The few places in my area will not sell any frames by it's self.

Honored Contributor

Re: Please need help finding where i can purchase eye glass frames?

I've never ordered but other posters have raved about this place, http://www.zennioptical.com/?prescription_type=single&nav_cat_id=2&pagination=true&p=12&navused=1
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

If you know the maker or designer of your favorite frames try doing a google search Perhaps you can find them or something similiar.

Honored Contributor

If you want to use that particular Optician but he or she has no frames you like, you should ask him or her if it's possible for you to look at some of the catalogs he/she uses and have a pair of frames special ordered.

I get my glasses at different places, usually a LensCrafters, all depending on who offers the frames I want. I've also purchased from Glasses.com, but the lenses were included.

Respected Contributor

I have frequently bought frames for my glasses through Optical Shops and through the shop operated by my Ophthalmologist. If the frames are in stock, they all sell them. It might be different if they had to order them, but just last week I bought frames for new sunglasses.
Make some phone calls. You might luck out.

Trusted Contributor

Check Costco in your area they carry some nice frames and some plastic ones and Walmart has a ton of frames all over their walls to choose from. I also noticed that the Optical Department at Fred Meyers has a lot of frames to choose from if you have one in your area. I usually purchase my frames from Costco, good price and they take care of them for free if you have problems and need adjustments.

Respected Contributor

If you can read the size and know the brand of the frame, you may be able to find a pair by Googling. Since styles change yearly, you probably won't find the identical frame. Small plastic frames are tough to find - sometimes kid's frames work if the temples are long enough. If you can post a photo and the size (like 50 - 18, 50 eye, 18 bridge), I will put my investigative skills to the test for you, lol! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Respected Contributor

BTW, all the chains near me will sell just the frame. I've done it many times and had another place do the lenses. There are also a ton of on-line only places. Some even let you try them on - they send 5 or so you choose - and you return the ones you don't want. You might have to pay for the lenses but not use them. You can order them with "blanks" which are just plain non-RX lenses. Some people who are lucky enough not to need prescription glasses just like the look of wearing glasses and order them this way.

Respected Contributor

So Loves, are you going to come back and tell us what you are going to do?

Esteemed Contributor

have you had a eye exam lately? If your frames are in that bad a condition it sounds like you have had those glasses for quite q while. I also wear progressives and after two or three years the lenses usually are scratched up. You should have your eyes checked every two three years.