Not applicable

Why can't you make a T-Shirt Bra without underwire?

I know everyone thinks underwire is the best but they don't work for me. I tried one of your bras and took the underwire out.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why can't you make a T-Shirt Bra without underwire?

I only wear t shirt bras in the summer & they all have an underwire. Three are Breezie & the others Bali. I am a C cup & if they didn't have an underwire they wouldn't work for me.

Super Contributor

I wear the same type of bra, with underwire or it would have no support, all year round. It works for me under everything and gives me great support. I don't see the need for different types of bras. Just something made up by the bra industry to make you spend more money unnecessarily, IMO.

Trusted Contributor

Go to OneHanesPlace.com and click on "wirefree bras" under the "Bra" category. There are many smooth, seamless wirefree bras there to choose from -- perfect tee shirt bras. Personally I rarely wear an underwire because they're never comfortable.

Playtex 18 Hour Seamless Smoothing Wirefree BraPlaytex 18 Hour Seamless Smoothing Wirefree

Bali Comfort Revolution Smart Sizes Shaping Wirefree BraBali Comfort Revolution Seamless Shaping Wirefree

Playtex Secrets Perfectly Smooth Wirefree BraPlaytex Secrets Pefectly Smooth Wirefree

Honored Contributor

If you're cup size is that small, why not a cami with a shelf bra? Though....anything over an A cup, you need some support....no jiggly. And even if you're a small cup, the underwire holds everything in on the sides...which can visually erase weight from your sides. Just a thought.

Esteemed Contributor

Bali also has some nice T-shirt bra's I just brought some in the mall.

Esteemed Contributor

I just bought 3 of those Bali Comfort Revolution Smart Size wireless bras. They are on sale for $17.99 at One Hanes Place, and yesterday there was a one-day 20% off extra on your total bill. Bali's One Smooth You also has a wireless version and that's a full support bra. Wacoal's Awareness bra (another favorite bra of mine) is available in wireless.

Esteemed Contributor

They are not easy to find, I try to buy non-underwire bras for my teen. I have had to ask the salesgirls which styles they carry. Even in Target, they are almost non-existent.

Trusted Contributor

Bras are such a matter of personal fit. For years I thought I could not wear an underwire. The wires always seemed to dig into my abdomen and ribs. I was not happy with any of my bras. I went bra shopping and found a line i love. All had underwires. They don't hurt at all. In fact, I do not even feel them unless I get sweaty which doesn't happen much here. I also think they are making the underwires of lighter weight materials, too.

I look so much better with these bras. Keep trying and you may find something.

Honored Contributor

Great thread ladies! I need a bra with no wires and also have to sew in a pocket for a prothesis. I usually go to Nordstrom 2x a year to be fitted but never can get the exact bra I want. The wires kill my ribs and until I decide on reconstruction or not{#emotions_dlg.crying}, I need a soft bra. I will look into the web sites suggested. Thanks again!