Occasional Contributor

well ive been watching dooney shows on qvc and loved a few bags.the s/h,not so much.went on dooney website and lo and behold,many of the bags i love are on sale.not only that,but over 100.00 is free s/h. why would i buy d&b on qvc when i can get them cheaper on web site.they talk about not having all the colors,well not true.they have all colors,styles,and less expensive.i think that qvc should rethink their s/h as we watchers have computers and know how to use them,very easy to find true bargains.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi frankies gal... I usually watch the Dooney shows on QVC just to get a good look at the bags. I have only purchased a Dooney bag on QVC once. It was a style that I didn't see on the Dooney Website and they offered easy pay. But I much prefer purchasing from the Dooney website. No shipping charges on anything over $100.00. Same colors... or more... than offered on the Q depending on the handbag. Also, Dooney has a trade-in-program. You can send in an old Dooney and, regardless of its condition, get a credit of 1/2 its original retail value towards a new bag. If you use the trade-in-program, however, there is a shipping charge of $8.50 ... which is still much better than the Q's s/h fees. I just purchased the Toledo Medium Mail Satchel in blue through the trade-in-program and paid a total of $234.00... including tax and shipping. Plus the Dooney site does have monthly specials. So you can definitely find much better prices on the Dooney website. But the Q does have a couple bags that are exclusive to them ... but that hasn't presented a problem for me as I have never particularly wanted any of those exclusive bags.

Honored Contributor

Me too BC. I tend to comparison shop the Q's shows, usually purchasing elsewhere offering either sale prices, free shipping or both. I will occasionally buy here if EP is an option and the bag and color I want isn't available elsewhere, but not very often. I guess they do all right without us, but really, there are much better deals to be had if one looks around and is willing to wait.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor
I've also been shopping for my Dooneys almost anywhere else but QVC lol! The exception being the Lunchtime Specials or a great EP on a Clearance bag I can't find elsewhere. I do like to watch the shows, as well, for product detail and size.....but there are so many great places online not to mention B&M stores, such as TJMAXX , Marshalls, Macy's etc, where prices far exceed the Q in savings. Glad you made this discovery Frankies gal!Smiley Happy))
Super Contributor

Over the weekend, I purchased the Dooney Calf convertible bag in Royal Blue for $198 ($100 less than the Q's price!) and an alto checkbook holder wallet in Tmoro brown for $139 on I Love Dooney dot com w/ free shipping & no tax. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

It pays to comparison shop -- I wish my TJMaxx had more of a Dooney selection. It's been sorely lacking since November...{#emotions_dlg.sad} Now I need to find a Tmoro brown handbag to match the wallet! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Regular Contributor

Same goes for many other items - I always check Amazon and Ebay as well as the actual site like Dooney or Peter Roth.....most items can be bought for less with less shipping - not to mention qvc's HANDLING CHARGE .....I find it laughable as well as having to pay to ship back items to return. It behooves me why qvc keeps growing so much. Guess the collective intelligence is not what one would think. I also watch to see new styles and products, then go check the prices elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

ITA! I only bought 3 D&B bags through QVC...

One of them just isn't available anywhere else (A216244...I got the black)...and the ONLY D&B handbag I paid full price for!!!

Another I got at a deep clearance price, and the last one was at an "as is" price (lucky it was in perfect condition)

Most of my D&B bags I get around the holidays when there are great sales....I've been able to get them for between 50-65% of the retail price {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Esteemed Contributor

Two words Easy Pay

Occasional Contributor
On 2/8/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

Two words Easy Pay

If you charge it on your regular credit card you can pay as little or as much as you want monthly....so easy pay is not really a big deal.

Honored Contributor
On 2/8/2014 TheGhostofBelleStarr said:
On 2/8/2014 BlingQueen022 said:

Two words Easy Pay

If you charge it on your regular credit card you can pay as little or as much as you want monthly....so easy pay is not really a big deal.

Ouch! I charge almost everything I buy, but I'd never willingly pay interest just to own a handbag. Since EZPay doesn't cost extra, I accept the float, but I'd pass up a bag or anything else except maybe a house or a heart transplant if I couldn't pay for it when the bill arrived.

When liquid money is earning 1/2% or less and charge cards are costing 6 or 9 or 15% or more, EZPay is found money!