Trusted Contributor

Lori Greiner Belt Free Pouch Question: H202810

Neat little bag but it has magnets. I thought magnets can damage the strip on credit cards and cell phones (not sure about that), etc. It's an interesting creation, but wondered about the magnets and if they were safe to have next to such items.

Contributor

Re: Lori Greiner Belt Free Pouch Question: H202810

Was wondering the same thing, and having magnets that close to your body is something to wonder about. BUT wasnt it great to see a show of a variety of different products for a change?
Trusted Contributor

She does have some interesting things that she brings. I love the convenience of this bag instead of having to bring a purse for short errands or a short walk. But, that magnet thing bugs me. I didn't see the whole presentation so not sure if she said anything about it.

It did sell out, so perhaps we'll be able to discern some things once the reviews come in.

Have a nice weekend!

Respected Contributor

I'm concerned about the magnets as well. Didn't see all of the presentation, but for some reason having it fall off concerns me also.

It would have to be really strong magnets and not deactivate my cards or mess with my mobile phone.

Trusted Contributor

I do think that anyone determined to take your items could rip it from you, magnets or no magnets. It's not really secured to anything. I don't travel much or go in crowds a lot, so for errands in and out of the car or walking to the corner store or mall, etc... it probably would be worth it, but I will do some research on magnets, etc. and see if there is any info on what they can and can't hurt.

Super Contributor

I didn't like the idea of stuffing the top of that bag into my slacks. That would be kind of uncomfortable in my opinion. Frankly I would prefer an old fashioned fanny pack....WHICH INCIDENTALLY THEY SAY IS COMING BACK !

Regular Contributor

This looks much like an item by a company called running buddy. When I checked their web site it said they tested the magnets for 2 years. Also, on amazon, I saw reviews for the item that looks a lot like this one to me. I typed in the search space: On the Go Belt-Free Pouch.

Trusted Contributor

On 7/25/2014 NanaS said:

I didn't like the idea of stuffing the top of that bag into my slacks. That would be kind of uncomfortable in my opinion. Frankly I would prefer an old fashioned fanny pack....WHICH INCIDENTALLY THEY SAY IS COMING BACK !

Nana... I never could figure out why the fanny back went out. It was convenient and better than a purse at times. Why is it so scorned as a fashion don't all of a sudden? I hope it comes back, I have a few of them and they were so convenient.

Respected Contributor

Just purchased the Running Buddy from Amazon which is like Lori Greiner's. It has great reviews.

Super Contributor

I've had both a regular and a mini Running Buddy for almost 2 years. Did have a problem with the regular one - the trim stitching came out. Emailed RB - they emailed me a paid return label and replaced mine with no problem.

Both are comfortable to wear.

I wouldn't worry about the magnets, unless you happen to have a pacemaker. Otherwise, the magnets won't be an issue with cell phones, Ipods or your credit cards. Magnets don't cause damage to credit cards. That's one of those old wive's tale like the one still going around that eelskin card holders and wallets will 'demagnetize your credit cards. Carried credit cards in a Lee Sand's eelskin cardholder for over 30 years before replacing two years ago with a RFID card holder.