Frequent Contributor

I am going to buy a pair of RayBan aviators online but not sure what size. Do any of you own a pair and what size did you purchase? I know the 62 would be too large for my face and that the 58 is average but they do have a smaller 55 that they say is popular for some women but would that be for someone with a really small face, my face is more medium sized, thanks for opinions..........

Respected Contributor

Re: RayBan sizing for aviators

I have the small ones--I've had them almost 30 years and they are plenty big on my face. My face and head are fairly narrow, so they work well.

Respected Contributor

They also for the aviators have a small 52MM that I am considering buying

Esteemed Contributor

I would suggest going to an eyeglasses store as they probably sell Ray-ban sunglasses and trying them on for fit and finding out what size they are, that would make it easier to order them online. My daughter used to work at an optometrist that was next door to an eyeglasses store and so when she bought a pair of Ray-ban Wayfarer sunglasses she had the lenses made with a prescription in them.

Super Contributor

I own two pairs of Rayban Aviators, both in 58 and honestly they fit great! I agree with TY's suggestion of trying them on at an eyeglass store! Good luckSmiley Happy))
Regular Contributor

Hi. I am an optician and have a lot of experience with that brand.A 62 would be sized for a man and a 58 most probably would too.The number refers to the width across the front in MM.There is also the depth to consider,especially in an avaitor because it is esy for them to rest on your cheeks.I agree that I would try them on as they are pretty easy to find.

Respected Contributor

in my opinion, aviator style sunglasses are not becoming on a woman's face.