Creede Silver Sale
26 Members and 11872 Guests Online

WEN

hair coloring and Wen

Started 1345390459.523 in WEN | Last reply 1345411220.62 by Irshgrl31201

I may never need to color my hair again. I was in the process of growing out my hair to the natural color BW (before Wen), but about 3 inches on the ends of my to the shoulders hair was about 5 shades lighter than the rest due to dying it lighter and then trying to dye back to my natural medium brown. I use semi permanent while going through the process of growing and trimming to get back to my pre-colored state. @59 I have very little gray, just some white hairs shot through the brown. Here I come to my point, with Wen I am not losing the color on those 3 inches, it is staying true to color and I haven't needed to color in 3 months, and may actually never need to in order to stay consistant in color. I am loving that.

Shiny medium brown hair, reaching towards my shoulders.

Page 1 of 1
NewerName1345395205.761237 PostsRegistered 5/10/2012
My color faded just as quickly with wen as it does with my regular shampoo/conditioner. There is not a single product on the market that will stop hair color from fading as there are many factors that cause fading, not just how you cleanse hair - the two other biggest causes are water and sun exposure. Wen does not prevent these.

Irshgrl312­011345395321.3814312 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006
On 8/19/2012 WhateverUsay said: My color faded just as quickly with wen as it does with my regular shampoo/conditioner. There is not a single product on the market that will stop hair color from fading as there are many factors that cause fading, not just how you cleanse hair - the two other biggest causes are water and sun exposure. Wen does not prevent these.

I agree. My daughter used Wen for a while and her color faded just as fast. I was a colorist for over 10 yrs and the main problem with color fading is not shampoo but water.

waterdragon1345395692.6032653 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006Sandy Eggo

say what you will about your own experience, BUT for mine I am saying the color is not fading. Not gonna argue with you about it.

8bannie1345395988.34155 PostsRegistered 1/28/2008

{#emotions_dlg.mad}That is my ONLY complaint about WEN. What really is the secret to all the models great long-lasting color. Is it THE color he uses?{#emotions_dlg.blink}

smokymtngal1345398837.952924 PostsRegistered 12/8/2007
On 8/19/2012 8bannie said:

{#emotions_dlg.mad}That is my ONLY complaint about WEN. What really is the secret to all the models great long-lasting color. Is it THE color he uses?{#emotions_dlg.blink}

My personal opinion is that they never go out in the sun unless they're wearing a hat or covering their hair in some way (and they probably are told to use a water filter, too). My color fades just as quickly with WEN as with anything else. I work in my yard almost every day and I know I should wear a hat, but it's just too hot. My color fades much quicker in summer than it does in winter.

waterdragon1345399178.832653 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006Sandy Eggo

I reiterate, MY color is not fading. Go pick a fight somewhere else, I'm not biting. And am done with this thread.

theblonde71345399959.057751 PostsRegistered 3/4/2011

I'm with waterdragon. I color a patch of grays and also don't have a problem with my color fading since I switched to WEN. I used to have to pull the color through the entire area every 4-6 weeks when I was using shampoo and now I only have to color the new growth every 8-12 weeks.

smokymtngal1345401140.1532924 PostsRegistered 12/8/2007
On 8/19/2012 waterdragon said:

I reiterate, MY color is not fading. Go pick a fight somewhere else, I'm not biting. And am done with this thread.

Good Grief. No one was disputing that it works for you. I thought we were all just giving our opinions on how it works for us.

Irshgrl312­011345402447.06714312 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006
On 8/19/2012 smokymountaingal said:

Good Grief. No one was disputing that it works for you. I thought we were all just giving our opinions on how it works for us.

I agree no one was trying to start an argument, just stating how while they may love Wen it isn't because their color lasted longer. Everyone is different.

waterdragon1345404072.5072653 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006Sandy Eggo
On 8/19/2012 Irshgrl31201 said:

I agree no one was trying to start an argument, just stating how while they may love Wen it isn't because their color lasted longer. Everyone is different.

And I'm saying my color is lasting longer. There is nothing different but the Wen, same water, same amount of sun exposure, same diet. It is the Wen. Smoky I wasn't addressing you, you weren't making the argument that it couldn't be due to the Wen.

Irshgrl312­011345404501.38714312 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006
On 8/19/2012 Irshgrl31201 said:

And I'm saying my color is lasting longer. There is nothing different but the Wen, same water, same amount of sun exposure, same diet. It is the Wen. Smoky I wasn't addressing you, you weren't making the argument that it couldn't be due to the Wen.

I never said it could not be Wen that was making the difference for you. I simply said that was not the case for my daughter. I color her hair as that was my previous job and I color many people who use Wen, other non sulfate shampoos and even sulfate shampoos. There is no difference in any of them. They still have fading and depending on the color (reds fade the fastese becuase the color molecule for red is so much bigger than others) they have faded just as fast as using a regular sulfate shampoo. If Wen works for you great. I am simply commenting on all the years of literature I have seen that shows that water and sun happen to be the biggest threat to color even over shampoo choice. I am glad you are having good luck with Wen.

bruingirl1345404651.826908 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

I may never need to color my hair again. I was in the process of growing out my hair to the natural color BW (before Wen), but about 3 inches on the ends of my to the shoulders hair was about 5 shades lighter than the rest due to dying it lighter and then trying to dye back to my natural medium brown. I use semi permanent while going through the process of growing and trimming to get back to my pre-colored state. @59 I have very little gray, just some white hairs shot through the brown. Here I come to my point, with Wen I am not losing the color on those 3 inches, it is staying true to color and I haven't needed to color in 3 months, and may actually never need to in order to stay consistant in color. I am loving that.

waterdragon

Thanks for sharing....I'm happy wen is working for you. I've been using wen for 6 years and can't imagine going back to traditional shampoo and conditioner.

bruingirl

Live.....Laugh.....Love

waterdragon1345405589.8232653 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006Sandy Eggo

thanks, I guess I misunderstood your statement - ' There is not a single product on the market that will stop hair color from fading as there are many factors that cause fading, not just how you cleanse hair - the two other biggest causes are water and sun exposure. Wen does not prevent these.'

My hair usually fades very quickly but it's been 3 months since I colored and almost 3 months since I started using Wen - and I really don't need to dye it yet. I am inside most of the day (working girl), and everything else is the same as BW (before Wen)

Thanks Bruin, I'm so pleased with the condition of my hair!

Irshgrl312­011345406883.7214312 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006

thanks, I guess I misunderstood your statement - 'There is not a single product on the market that will stop hair color from fading as there are many factors that cause fading, not just how you cleanse hair - the two other biggest causes are water and sun exposure. Wen does not prevent these.'

My hair usually fades very quickly but it's been 3 months since I colored and almost 3 months since I started using Wen - and I really don't need to dye it yet. I am inside most of the day (working girl), and everything else is the same as BW (before Wen)

Thanks Bruin, I'm so pleased with the condition of my hair!

Sorry but you quoted the wrong person. I did not write that.

waterdragon1345407007.4672653 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006Sandy Eggo

My mistake Irish, I mixed up my posters. Wen is still a learning process for me, I know not everyone gets stellar results. Sorry for attributing the wrong post to you.

Last edited on 8/19/2012

Last edited on 8/19/2012

Irshgrl312­011345411220.6214312 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006

That is ok, waterdragon, no worries. I am glad you are having such great results.

Page 1 of 1