Maxi Dresses
149 Members and 10746 Guests Online

WEN

WEN for Children - I thing there is more than just Watermelon.......

Started 1345330576.827 in WEN | Last reply 1347925418.897 by Hilary77

Hey ya'll, Chaz Dean posted a pic on Facebook. Could there be pineapple as a fragrance too??? What is the yellow flower?

https://www.facebook.com/#!/chazdeanfanpage

Soaplily

Oy with the poodles already! - Lorelei Gilmore

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next
bruingirl1345331469.3636444 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

no, I'm thinking those are cocktail ingredients for tonight's party.

bruingirl

Live.....Laugh.....Love

alexandraC1345335932.077742 PostsRegistered 12/4/2008Baltimore, Maryland
On 8/18/2012 bruingirl said:

no, I'm thinking those are cocktail ingredients for tonight's party.

bruingirl

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

bruingirl1345361981.6236444 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

Hi

The wen kids scents are Watermelon, Apple and Strawberry Banana....and they smell wonderful!!

bruingirl

Live.....Laugh.....Love

gradstuden­tMom1345363760.19954 PostsRegistered 12/2/2011

{#emotions_dlg.w00t} Are they all coming out at the same time?

Scarlett B­aby1345364262.21214 PostsRegistered 4/20/2011
On 8/19/2012 bruingirl said:

Hi

The wen kids scents are Watermelon, Apple and Strawberry Banana....and they smell wonderful!!

bruingirl

Hi.

Lucky you, bruingirl! You were able to sample the new Wen Kids fragrances.

Thanks for letting us know what the scents will be. They sound so delicious! I can't wait to try all of them.

KMBSAB1345376196.4671291 PostsRegistered 3/13/2012

omg! i cant wait!! gonna have to get one of each for sure!

jaxs mom1345376451.2673187 PostsRegistered 4/18/2012

I'm excited too, are the diffrent scents formulated for different hair types?

Hilary771345382696.6974030 PostsRegistered 7/24/2012Kentucky
Thanks for the info. I will have to get all three for sure. I hope they are a little cheaper than the regular line, but that may be wishful thinking. I am so excited!!! I wish I didn't have to wait until October.

Hair type-medium length, dark blonde, wavy, and thick with fine texture.

HappyDaze1345389715.05312577 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012

Hi

bruingirl

If the reviews are good, I will probably try all three! Are the natural scented or really sweet, like over the top scented since kids seem to like that usually?

bruingirl1345390407.7336444 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA
On 8/19/2012 jaxs mom said:

I'm excited too, are the diffrent scents formulated for different hair types?

they're universal ...just pick a scent {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Live.....Laugh.....Love

bruingirl1345390527.056444 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA
On 8/19/2012 HappyDaze said:

Hi

bruingirl

If the reviews are good, I will probably try all three! Are the natural scented or really sweet, like over the top scented since kids seem to like that usually?

The watermelon has watermelon extract....to me it smells like a watermelon jolly rancher. I can't wait to cleanse with it!

Live.....Laugh.....Love

BEPhilGirl1345391711.323542 PostsRegistered 2/14/2005

Good idea, Chaz. These scents sound like fun for people of all ages. :)

HappyDaze1345392086.33312577 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012

Hi

bruingirl

The watermelon has watermelon extract....to me it smells like a watermelon jolly rancher. I can't wait to cleanse with it!

Sounds great! And rice based, what an interesting concept! I don't think I've ever seen a rice based shampoo or cleanser before. Like Laura Geller, it seems like Chaz really listens to his customers and tries to bring things to them they ask for.

NewerName1345394772.7031237 PostsRegistered 5/10/2012
I am curious to see if it will be the exact same formula just with child centered fragrances. That would be unfortunate since children should not use menthol and it also contains essential oils, sensitizing preservatives and silicones which are not good ingredients to use on a child.

HappyDaze1345395081.46312577 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 8/19/2012 WhateverUsay said: I am curious to see if it will be the exact same formula just with child centered fragrances. That would be unfortunate since children should not use menthol and it also contains essential oils, sensitizing preservatives and silicones which are not good ingredients to use on a child.

good grief read the other posts regarding what the children's version will be before you go into your usual spiel! It said NO MENTHOL and much more. And many of us use the regular CC on our children and have had no issues.

also would like to add, have you read the ingredients of many drugstore shampoos and conditioners many of which people use on their kids. Full of the same things you posted and much worse, like the ingredient that release formaldyhyde (common preservatives like quaternium-15 and DMDM hydantoin). These ingredients are found in Johnson and johnson BABY products! See this article about it here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/16/business/johnson-johnson-to-remove-formaldehyde-from-products.html

Last edited on 8/19/2012

Last edited on 8/19/2012

sammia71091345395258.1985 PostsRegistered 9/16/2011
On 8/19/2012 WhateverUsay said: I am curious to see if it will be the exact same formula just with child centered fragrances. That would be unfortunate since children should not use menthol and it also contains essential oils, sensitizing preservatives and silicones which are not good ingredients to use on a child.
As the ladies have said it is rice based, no wheat or nuts ect.....I also use the CA and LAV on my 3 yo daughter no problem, however she used to scream bloody murder with another no tears formulaLast edited on 8/19/2012

Last edited on 8/19/2012

NewerName1345395587.5131237 PostsRegistered 5/10/2012

good grief read the other posts regarding what the children's version will be before you go into your usual spiel! It said NO MENTHOL and much more. And many of us use the regular CC on our children and have had no issues.

also would like to add, have you read the ingredients of many drugstore shampoos and conditioners many of which people use on their kids. Full of the same things you posted and much worse, like the ingredient that release formaldyhyde (common preservatives like quaternium-15 and DMDM hydantoin). These ingredients are found in Johnson and johnson BABY products! See this article about it here: http://www.nytimes.com/2012/08/16/business/johnson-johnson-to-remove-formaldehyde-from-products.html

Last edited on 8/19/2012
Excuse me but you are being rude. It does not say anywhere in this thread that it does not contain menthol. It just discusses the scents and that it is rice based, that is until your attack reply. I have never recommended J&J as a shampoo for children. It seems you believe there are only two options- wen or J&j baby which is unfortunate as there are many good products with good ingredients available for use on children. Ps- I don't do facebook so I won't click on the link. Last edited on 8/19/2012

Last edited on 8/19/2012

HappyDaze1345395773.6812577 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 8/19/2012 WhateverUsay said:

Last edited on 8/19/2012
Excuse me but you are being rude. It does not say anywhere in this thread that it does not contain menthol. It just discusses the scents and that it is rice based, that is until your attack reply. I have never recommended J&J as a shampoo for children. It seems you believe there are only two options- wen or J&j baby which is unfortunate as there are many good products with good ingredients available for use on children.

You did not read my post closely, I said many other drugstore brands, not just johnson and johnson. Nor did I say the posts in this thread. The thing is, you read one thing and are ready to attack and repeat the same thing over and over again and have even implied to parents they are hurting their children by using WEN. It is insulting and ridiculous. But I am done with this discussion with you because some peole just can't be reasoned with, especially when they are on a particular mission to attack a product.

NewerName1345396082.811237 PostsRegistered 5/10/2012
On 8/19/2012 WhateverUsay said:

Last edited on 8/19/2012
Excuse me but you are being rude. It does not say anywhere in this thread that it does not contain menthol. It just discusses the scents and that it is rice based, that is until your attack reply. I have never recommended J&J as a shampoo for children. It seems you believe there are only two options- wen or J&j baby which is unfortunate as there are many good products with good ingredients available for use on children.

You did not read my post closely, I said many other drugstore brands, not just johnson and johnson. Nor did I say the posts in this thread. The thing is, you read one thing and are ready to attack and repeat the same thing over and over again and have even implied to parents they are hurting their children by using WEN. It is insulting and ridiculous. But I am done with this discussion with you because some peole just can't be reasoned with, especially when they are on a particular mission to attack a product.

Sorry but I am not going to read every post on the qvc board. This thread was here on the first page. If the children's formula doesnt contain menthol than that seems to support my point that it harmful to use the current wen formulas on children. And yet again I will say that there are many good quality products available at drugstores and health food stores for use on children. I'm no sure what your point is, but to argue that wen is fine because there are other products such as J&j that also have bad ingredients seems illogical. Last edited on 8/19/2012

Last edited on 8/19/2012

bruingirl1345399325.066444 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

no, it's not the same formula. wen kids is menthol-free, made with rice based protein, no nuts, no wheat, no soy, no gluten and no parabens.

Live.....Laugh.....Love

bruingirl1345399423.326444 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

Hi

bruingirl

Sounds great! And rice based, what an interesting concept! I don't think I've ever seen a rice based shampoo or cleanser before. Like Laura Geller, it seems like Chaz really listens to his customers and tries to bring things to them they ask for.

I agree...he does listen to customer and client requests. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Live.....Laugh.....Love

SusieQ_21345400183.0832592 PostsRegistered 3/27/2012

These fragrances sound wonderful! I don't use Wen, because what I use now works fine for me, but I'm always jealous when these great new formulas come out like the seasonal and now the children's formulas. When my daughter was little we used to get L'Oreal children's shampoo in fragrances like Burst of Watermelon and Strawberry Smoothie. It always made hair washing so much more fun. I hope you all enjoy these wonderful new cleansers! Smile

Susan

NewerName1345400373.5871237 PostsRegistered 5/10/2012

no, it's not the same formula. wen kids is menthol-free, made with rice based protein, no nuts, no wheat, no soy, no gluten and no parabens.

Thanks! It's good to know that he reformulated.

Denise fro­m Canada1345401453.621777 PostsRegistered 9/27/2011Northern Alberta
Apple scent sounds appealing! I am sure my one sister will get all three so I will get a chance to see what they smell like and as with all new wen will end up taking a small sample home to try, gotta love family who loves wen!

Devoted Disciple and fan of Wen, Starbucks, Skinn Cosmetics, Country Music, Deep Dish Pizza, Hamsters who eat Popcorn and things that go bump in the night.

bruingirl1345404949.1436444 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA
On 8/19/2012 Denise from Canada said: Apple scent sounds appealing! I am sure my one sister will get all three so I will get a chance to see what they smell like and as with all new wen will end up taking a small sample home to try, gotta love family who loves wen!

I'm excited to buy wen kids for my nieces....they use and love the regular CC's and seasonals so I know they'll be happy to get some wen kids!!

Live.....Laugh.....Love

Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 Next