TSV(R) Preview
84 Members and 15665 Guests Online

WEN

how often do you "wash" your hair?

Started 1340899249.387 in WEN | Last reply 1340918354.34 by CalmInTheHeart

I get that you don't have to wash as often, but do you just wet your hair and restyle everyday that you don't wash? Is this when you would use styling cream?

Page 1 of 1
Denise fro­m Canada1340899714.261777 PostsRegistered 9/27/2011Northern Alberta
I wash every day just like I would normally. I don't think wen is marketed as a wash the hair only so many times a week product, I think there are just some women who either do not have to wash everyday or choose not to. I have a chin length bob of fine very fine hair, I need a wash and blow dry on low heat to get my style. And have to say love to wen the hair, a morning ritual I would hate to miss!

Devoted Disciple and fan of Wen, Starbucks, Skinn Cosmetics, Country Music, Deep Dish Pizza, Hamsters who eat Popcorn and things that go bump in the night.

JeanLouise­Finch1340900029.398913 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011

Everyone has a different cleansing system; some daily, some every other day, and some a couple times a week.

The styling creme should be used on wet hair, after your final rinse and adding back a small amount of CC as a leave-in. You may need anywhere from a halfpump to 2 full pumps of styling creme, depending on the length, thickness, or needs of your hair. The styling creme acts as a protectant for those who use heat tools (blow dryer, flat iron, curling iron, hot rollers). For optimal results, mix the styling creme with several spritzes of the volumizing treatment spray and apply the mixture to wet hair. Again, the amount of spritzes varies. My hair doesn't quite touch my shoulders - I use about a pump of styling creme and 5-6 spritzes of volumizing treatment spray. Proceed to style as usual. If you are able to skip a cleansing day, you can reactivate those styling products that are already in you hair by spritzing with a water bottle or WEN replenishing mist and then restyle your hair. You don't have to resaturate your entire head, just spritz.

bruingirl1340905654.786436 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA

I cleanse every other day....on my non-cleansing days I wear a shower cap during my shower....to restyle I use the RTM to refresh my hair style

bruingirl

Live.....Laugh.....Love

4downthesh­ore1340906005.8172428 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007PA
On 6/28/2012 Denise from Canada said: I wash every day just like I would normally. I don't think wen is marketed as a wash the hair only so many times a week product, I think there are just some women who either do not have to wash everyday or choose not to. I have a chin length bob of fine very fine hair, I need a wash and blow dry on low heat to get my style. And have to say love to wen the hair, a morning ritual I would hate to miss!

Same here.My hair is too fine, I have to cleanse daily.

k9pia1340906385.8971389 PostsRegistered 12/13/2007

I use WEN daily too, just can't stand the feel of my hair. (I think it's probably just me though, I could go out without cleansing and I don't think anyone would notice - but I FEEL better doing it daily).

I may not use as much CC on a daily basis though - I mainly concentrate on my scalp and will use the TT flavor. Also if I plan on putting my hair up that day, I'll just do the scalp/bangs. Probably 3 time a week I really do a thorough - all thru my hair cleanse. Really depends on the look I'm going for. Hair down, and styled and I'll cleanse really well as uposed to putting it up.

Pets are blessings in fur.

VaBelle351340906516.1538505 PostsRegistered 11/19/2004VA suburbs of Washington, DC

I was washing every day when I first got WEN but once I figured out my system, I can go 3 days, but normally every other day if I go to the gym.

I have short hair, so when I first get my hair cut I can either wet it in the shower and put a little in for a leave-in or I can just use the remoist spray and re-style it with my fingers. As I get closer to 6 weeks out from my cut, I tend to have to wet it and re-style it.

The styling cream is an occasional thing with me. I sometimes use it closer to when I have to get my hair cut if I need help with the style. Same with the finishing cream. It just depends on it I need help on any particular day.

I do use the texturizing balm on my bangs when I wash my hair. I don't need to re-apply the next day.

QVC Shopper since 1993

chickenmoo1340907052.6871948 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY

When I was using the dreaded shampoo (haha) I was washing every other day. Now with Wen I can go at least 4 days...I have longish hair--like to my shoulder blades--that's oily on the scalp level and dry on the ends. The Wen balances that out nicely so I'm not too oily or too dry--just perfect really.

In between washings, it's really how you style your hair that determines what you use. If I'm wearing my hair straight, I do a roundbrush blow out initially and on the between days, I just spritz a little replenishing mist, brush and go--I can use a little hot air dryer too, but normally I'm good as is without heat. I love my curly hair though, so on the between days I spritz a little replenishing mist and after it dries I curl my hair...Or if I want more lift, I spritz the roots with the volumizing spray as I curl. The beauty of Wen is you can do a zillion things and your hair looks fabulous. You just use whatever you think you need for the day...like if your hair seems a bit dry, spritz the replenishing mist...If you need more control, try the styling creme, and if you like big hair, use the volumizer. This stuff is just great--you can't go wrong. Have fun with it! {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~Love my Leonberger~

blueroses471340910254.6972075 PostsRegistered 9/1/2005Central NJ
On 6/28/2012 afshan said:

twice a day for me

Is this true?

AuntieA1340914029.357519 PostsRegistered 4/26/2012SF Bay Area

I am using it daily even though I don't need to. It is such an ingrained habit I don't know how to change.{#emotions_dlg.blink}

If we open our minds to enjoyment, we might find tranquil pleasures spread about us on every side. We might live with the angels that visit us on every sunbeam, and sit with the fairies who wait on every flower. ~ Samuel Smiles

theblonde71340914168.97751 PostsRegistered 3/4/2011
On 6/28/2012 Denise from Canada said: I wash every day just like I would normally. I don't think wen is marketed as a wash the hair only so many times a week product, I think there are just some women who either do not have to wash everyday or choose not to. I have a chin length bob of fine very fine hair, I need a wash and blow dry on low heat to get my style. And have to say love to wen the hair, a morning ritual I would hate to miss!

I completely agree with these statements from Denise. My hair needs to be cleansed twice I week, but I will sometimes sneak in an extra because I truly enjoy the WEN experience and the tingly scalp...something I never said about shampooing! As for the styling creme, I have found it works better for me after I have let me hair dry in a towel for a few minutes, but everyone is different. I mix 3 pumps of styling creme with a few drops of intensive treatment oil and often 5-6 sprays of volumizing treatment and coat my entire head of mid-back length thick hair.

qvcfan5261340914321.4631054 PostsRegistered 3/14/2007Work

I have short hair, and I am a WEN gal, I wash my hair daily, I use a shampoo once a week because I have a tendancy to have an oily scalp, I sweat alot in this heat and humidity. If out doing yard work I sometimes wash twice a day.

shoptillId­rop1340915528.0879399 PostsRegistered 10/25/2006Michigan

I cleanse every other day as a general rule. My hair is dry so I don't have any oil problems that require daily cleansing.

I tried being patient but it took too long.

alexandraC1340916254.93742 PostsRegistered 12/4/2008Baltimore, Maryland

I cleanse every day, mostly because I LOVE it! I could probably get away with every other, but I'm a Wen-a-holic! There, admitting it is half the battle{#emotions_dlg.w00t}

ARMYGIRL68X1340917061.937545 PostsRegistered 6/19/2012TX

I wouldn't know, as I have to wash my hair daily or else it would get extremely greasy. I would figure though that if you don't want to wash your hair but still want to use the styling cream, to wet your hair and use as directed. I wouldn't use the styling cream on dry hair, because it may make it sticky.

Army Strong - Hooah!

21 y/o. Short, black hair. Tan skin. Brown eyes. I love Philosophy!

BESwede1340918295.9636218 PostsRegistered 6/4/2007Colorado

I have very fine hair so don't need to cleanse every day- that would make my hair dry and very hard to style. I cleanse every other day or every third day and usually do it in the early evening so my hair can air dry before bedtime. To style my hair when dry I just spritz it with water and then use my round brush and blow dryer, scrunch it up and let it air dry wavy, or use a flat iron/curling iron, depending on the style I want.

48, very fair, blonde, green eyes, cool "summer" coloring. Combination/sensitive skin. Vegetarian

CalmInTheH­eart1340918354.3376731 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007

I wash my hair every morning, no matter what. I hate the feeling of my scalp and hair close to my scalp if I don't....it's not crisp and clean.

Peace

Page 1 of 1