Top Rated on Easy Pay
151 Members and 11563 Guests Online

WEN

WEN at Sephora Online

Started 1340287986.67 in WEN | Last reply 1341409796.237 by luvitall
I noticed today that Sephora is starting to carry WEN on their online site. It's a small selection of the SAM products only. I called my local store and they said that the product line would be expanding and would also be available in stores in time. While I know the probably won't beat QVC deals, it will still be nice to have the product line available in my home town for when I run out of items and don't have time to wait for shipping. It will be nice to have WEN more readily available. I will post again when I see that it is actually in the store. For now it's a nice thing to look forward to :)

Page 1 of 1
BeagleMama1340288207.783709 PostsRegistered 3/7/2006

The WEN sold on Sephora is the Gunthy Renker formula, which is different than what is sold through QVC or chazdean.com. I'm not saying it is better or worse, and I can't comment on that since I've never tried that version, but it is different.

The standard price doesn't beat QVC, but when Sephora has their friends and family and VIB sales it could possibly be a better deal than what you get at QVC.

golden331340292335.47239 PostsRegistered 5/26/2012

I'm looking forward to them expanding the line. I have heard people on the board say that Chaz had an exclusivity deal with QVC that might be coming to an end. Once that happens he would be free to sell all the other scents through Sephora as well. I'm sure they won't be able to match the price of TSV or OTO, but if they are able to keep the prices at least close to QVC's everyday price people will still come out ahead if they aren't having to pay shipping. For instance, Sephora has the 16 oz SAM for $32 whereas QVC is selling it for $29. Only problem is getting it from QVC will cost an extra $6.22 in shipping, so the actual cost of a 16 oz through QVC is $35.22. If nothing else, the competition might force QVC to offer better shipping deals.

I haven't tried the GR version of SAM, but it can't be that different if they are allowed to sell both versions in the U.S. without having to explain the difference since it is a patented product.

HappyDaze1340292535.2616103 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012

From comparing ingredients I noticed that the one on Sephora's site is not the same as those on QVC or chazdean.com. Does anyone know why?

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...but becomes something entirely different when someone STEALS your ideas and claims the credit for themselves.

“Only those with no memory insist on their originality.” -Coco Chanel

Kokathy1340292700.252932 PostsRegistered 6/9/2012

i just look forward to saving on shipping and not having to wait for the product. Hopefully people from QVC see this and thread and others where people complain about the cost of shipping and change their ways. Chaz does have a storefront on Amazon but no gallons there.

I'm just a gal trying to take over the world.

golden331340293043.45239 PostsRegistered 5/26/2012
On 6/21/2012 HappyDaze said:

From comparing ingredients I noticed that the one on Sephora's site is not the same as those on QVC or chazdean.com. Does anyone know why?

Because the GR version is sold internationally they had to tweak some of the ingredients. Some people said they can't tell the difference, others said they can. Legally they wouldn't be allowed to sell both versions under the same name in the U.S. though if tweaking those ingredients materially altered the product.

Brendaruns1340296940.551 PostsRegistered 6/21/2012

Thanks for sharing

HappyDaze1340297336.2716103 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012

Thanks for the explanation, golden33! That is understandable because I know there are some products they have here in the States and sell overseas yet the ingredients are slightly different. I think Nivea might be one if I remember correctly.

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery...but becomes something entirely different when someone STEALS your ideas and claims the credit for themselves.

Mona Dahl1341161353.6232201 PostsRegistered 3/29/2007

I am so glad Wen's exclusivity deal with QVC is ending. That deal is precisely why Wen's prices are so high. QVC doesn't have to compete with anyone, so they set prices wherever they want. (The only other sources of WEN are Guthy-Renker, where the formula is very different and the A/D program is scam-like...and Chaz's own site, which always has prices higher than QVC's, probably as part of the agreement.)

If Sephora expands its WEN line, QVC will be in trouble...they won't be able to charge their outrageous prices anymore, and they'll have to do something about their ridiculous shipping since everyone knows that free, fast shipping is available from Sephora. I can't wait till WEN prices go down, which they absolutely will now. Yay!

Risk more than others think is safe,

Care more than others think is wise,

Dream more than others think is practical,

Expect more than others think is possible.

Mona Dahl1341161470.5432201 PostsRegistered 3/29/2007

P.S.--I think this is why they are pushing the gallons so hard. QVC wants to squeeze every dime they can out of customers before WEN is available elsewhere. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Mona Dahl1341161579.7872201 PostsRegistered 3/29/2007

Last comment--I worry about the eBay sellers of WEN who have bought vast quantities of the product from QVC to resell...They are almost certainly going to be taking a loss once the market opens up and WEN prices go down.

luvitall1341162813.8372341 PostsRegistered 10/27/2006

I actually think Wen prices are great on QVC with all the deals, like Gunthy Renker, Sephora will probably only carry SAM.....

HappyDaze1341163846.18716103 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 7/1/2012 luvitall said:

I actually think Wen prices are great on QVC with all the deals, like Gunthy Renker, Sephora will probably only carry SAM.....

Actually Gunthy renker carries at least four scents- lavender, sweet almond mint, pomegranate and the seasonal scent.

HappyDaze1341164014.7516103 PostsRegistered 6/13/2012
On 7/1/2012 Mona Dahl said:

I am so glad Wen's exclusivity deal with QVC is ending. That deal is precisely why Wen's prices are so high. QVC doesn't have to compete with anyone, so they set prices wherever they want. (The only other sources of WEN are Guthy-Renker, where the formula is very different and the A/D program is scam-like...and Chaz's own site, which always has prices higher than QVC's, probably as part of the agreement.)

If Sephora expands its WEN line, QVC will be in trouble...they won't be able to charge their outrageous prices anymore, and they'll have to do something about their ridiculous shipping since everyone knows that free, fast shipping is available from Sephora. I can't wait till WEN prices go down, which they absolutely will now. Yay!

they haven't been exclusive to qvc- gunthy renker also sells WEN and it is the gunthy renker version that is being sold at Sephora now (although the ingredients are slightly different than the gunthy renker version). So Sephora will probably never have all the formulas that QVC or Chazdean.com carries, since I believe gunthy renker only carries Sweet almond mint, pomegranate, lavender and the seasonal. Many seem to love tea tree, fig and cucumber aloe so they will still have to get those scents from qvc or chazdean.com.

luvitall1341168138.642341 PostsRegistered 10/27/2006
On 7/1/2012 HappyDaze said:

Actually Gunthy renker carries at least four scents- lavender, sweet almond mint, pomegranate and the seasonal scent.

Hmmm..... thanks HappyDaze, didn't realize that, but i am still sticking with the Q on this. It looks like the same packaging as GR and I hear it is a slightly different formula....

theblonde71341169844.487751 PostsRegistered 3/4/2011
On 7/1/2012 Mona Dahl said:

I am <em>so</em> glad Wen's exclusivity deal with QVC is ending. That deal is precisely why Wen's prices are so high. QVC doesn't have to compete with anyone, so they set prices wherever they want. (The only other sources of WEN are Guthy-Renker, where the formula is <em>very</em> different and the A/D program is scam-like...and Chaz's own site, which always has prices higher than QVC's, probably as part of the agreement.)

they haven't been exclusive to qvc- gunthy renker also sells WEN and it is the gunthy renker version that is being sold at Sephora now (although the ingredients are slightly different than the gunthy renker version). So Sephora will probably never have all the formulas that QVC or Chazdean.com carries, since I believe gunthy renker only carries Sweet almond mint, pomegranate, lavender and the seasonal. Many seem to love tea tree, fig and cucumber aloe so they will still have to get those scents from qvc or chazdean.com.

In the catalog I received from Guthy Renker along with my 2 bottles of SMC the other day their offerings included Sweet Almond Mint, Fig, Lavender, Pomegranate, Tea Tree and Cucumber Aloe, plus the current seasonal cleansing conditioner. So they do have them all and they sell them for $24.95 a bottle with free shipping to members. If I was still using 16oz bottles instead of the big boys, gallons and TSV's I think I might be reconsidering their deal at a $10 savings per bottle over QVC. So I guess it is possible that Sephora will get all the flavors at some point too. Maybe they are just testing the waters with Sweet Almond Mint.

sharlee1341177495.867955 PostsRegistered 6/13/2006

Yep, was just in my local Sephora (which is a pretty big one) and noticed that they had the SAM, both the usual bottles of the CC and a sort of "try me" kit.

"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

WycheWay1341261593.127229 PostsRegistered 8/29/2011Buffalo NY

I would not expect the cost to go down. The vendor does not want to loose any money, even if volume will balance. Manufacturers set MAP pricing on many items. This means "minimum advertised price". Any store/website that sells below that can and usually will get cut off. I own an independent housewares/gourmet store and this is very common. In my case, it actually protects the little guy like me from Bed Bath and Beyond or a Wegmans. They are held to MAP just as I am.That's not to say a store won't be able to pass on a special value kit or an introductory price. Also, there may be a clause in a coupon where a particular line won't be included. I haven't notice with Sephora, but Ulta always blocks Bare Minerals and Philosophy form the coupons.

True or false: if we're all here, then we must not be all there.

Mona Dahl1341339945.8432201 PostsRegistered 3/29/2007
On 7/2/2012 WycheWay said:

The vendor does not want to loose any money, even if volume will balance.

If Chaz were smart, he'd realize that he is losing money by setting prices so high.

mslewis641341371311.65345 PostsRegistered 9/18/2006San Antonio, Texas

I have heard they also sell CA.

I am surgical nurse, my job is to save your butt, not kiss it.

luvitall1341409796.2372341 PostsRegistered 10/27/2006

Sephora is a great idea as I know many people who refuse to buy anything online (I wish I was one of them, lol!) so those who want to try it can actually see the product, purchase and make their decision without feeling the pressure of online! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Page 1 of 1