TSV(R) Preview
81 Members and 13320 Guests Online

WEN

How much WEN?

Started 1339406480.953 in WEN | Last reply 1339619979.317 by chickenmoo

The directions say 24 pumps for shoulder length hair--do you really have to use this much? How quickly do you go through a bottle doing this? TIA!

Page 1 of 1
JeanLouise­Finch1339411832.99711369 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011

The recommended pumps are there for a reason. It would be unfair to use, let's say, only half the amount and then blame the product when the user gets poor results. However, once users become comfortable with the system, by trial and error they sometimes find they can use a little less (or those with super damaged, super stressed hair may even have to temporarily use a little more while getting it back into healthy condition). It's difficult to predict how long a bottle will last because everyone is different, has different lengths of hair and different cleansing requirements - some people cleanse daily or every other day while others might only have to cleans twice each week.

pvtdevinmom1339422105.5031428 PostsRegistered 6/23/2007buckeye

I've been using WEN since Chaz first aired on QVC.....I believed what he said and at that time I had enough money to invest in it. I just remember having to "play and experiement" with the number of pumps. Now I own the gallons and the 32 ounce bottles and a couple of the smaller ones. I only cleanse once a week...twice maximum. that's the benefit of WEN...you don't have to cleanse everyday...unless you want. I can tell you that its better to start off with more pumps then less pumps. I don't count pumps anymore I can just tell by the amount in my hand. I tend to use quite a bit since I hate washing my hair ( i have arthritis and it just takes me so long!). I mix and scrub my scalp really well...and I personally like doing the two cleanse method. biggest mistake is not using enough and not rinsing well enough....this will always produce limp hair. Good luck

autumnfaire1339424243.744982 PostsRegistered 8/1/2005

Is the two cleanse method using half the amount, cleanse, rinse, cleanse rinse?

pvtdevinmom1339426007.5531428 PostsRegistered 6/23/2007buckeye
On 6/11/2012 autumnfaire said:

I use the same amount on the first cleanse and a little less on the second cleanse. I really try and do it the same as by doing this method I only have to cleanse once or twice a week. I think it does take longer....but all I do is pin my long hair up at night and put it in a turbie twist and then in the morning add a little replenshing mist. I perspire alot but this method is working for me.

Kokathy1339426077.472968 PostsRegistered 6/9/2012

Yes it is.

I'm just a gal trying to take over the world.

JeanLouise­Finch1339426129.75311369 PostsRegistered 10/3/2011
On 6/11/2012 autumnfaire said:

Yes. Calculate your total amount of pumps required, then divide in half and proceed just as you stated.

chickenmoo1339511125.9232071 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY

I totally agree--the two cleanse method is best...and no, I don't count pumps. I get my hair really really wet and kind of massage my scalp, then I pump some Wen and rub my hands together..and rub the wen into my scalp. I can tell I've used enough because as I work each section from one end of my scalp to the other, the hair all de-clumps and moves around nicely. When you've used enough Wen, you can get your hands right down to the scalp without any tangles or clumping. I like to massage my scalp gently but thoroughly and apply to the lengths of the hair and comb through. I usually let that sit a couple of minutes before rinsing with cool-ish water, and then getting more Wen in my hands and concentrating on the lengths and ends--kind of ignoring the scalp as much as possible. That way I use the second 'wash' to treat and condition the ends. I leave my hair clipped up while I finish my shower, and the very last thing I do is rinse with cool water, making sure to rinse my scalp well too--Like he says in the commercial "until the water runs clear".lol I finsh with a pump of more Wen on my sopping wet hair just on the lengths down to the tips, again ignoring the scalp. And I dry with my dryer on a cool setting or let it air dry. Fabulous results!!!

I don't think you can say an exact number of pumps or how much to use exactly--you have to kind of just work it out for yourself based on how your hair feels. I know that when I've flat ironed, when I do wash again, I need more Wen to plump up my ends so they aren't dry and brittle...so it just depends on your hair.

Hope that helps {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

~Love my Leonberger~

autumnfaire1339599346.9874982 PostsRegistered 8/1/2005

Thanks, everyone!

zoombie1339607320.587125 PostsRegistered 4/25/2012Hamburg, NY

chickenmoo...chickenmoo...sorry i just like saying that its so cute{#emotions_dlg.lol}

ok im really bored wish my WEN package would arrive!

chickenmoo1339619979.3172071 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY
On 6/13/2012 zoombie said:

chickenmoo...chickenmoo...sorry i just like saying that its so cute{#emotions_dlg.lol}

ok im really bored wish my WEN package would arrive!

Hehe thank you {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I know right...I'm sooo excited to be getting my styling creme and replenishing mist... It's like Christmas! lol

~Love my Leonberger~

Page 1 of 1