Just-Reduced Clearance
133 Members and 16670 Guests Online

WEN

Have thinning hair and need help please

Started 1338944695.5 in WEN | Last reply 1340136023.897 by Rochester Shopper

Ok, I'm tired of trying everything on the market for my thinning hair. The thinning is due meds and genes. I tried the Lavender and I like the way it makes my hair soft, and adds some volume. Is there another Wen product that would help with the thinning? I've been reading the threads and it sounds like you ladies have been using it for a while. I started last month and I want to continue because my hair does look healthy but I need something to help grow back some of the hair. Am I dreaming or is it possible?

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1
noellec1338945090.84550 PostsRegistered 12/4/2011Tennessee

Welcome! Sorry to hear about your thinning hair.... I would try the Tea Tree if I were you. Tea Tree is amazing for thinning hair by stimulating the scalp. It causes blood flow to increase to the hair follicles which can help stimulate growth as well as help maintain overall health and hydration of the hair strands. You might want to invest in the Tea Tree oil to treat your scalp and really bump up your regimen! HTH

37, Brown hair, blue eyes, 2 lovely kiddos. I use WEN, Mally, Dr. Denese, Josie Maran, and Philosopy

mrs T1338947306.63315 PostsRegistered 6/5/2012

Tea Tree and Fig are great. If you have thinning hair from medication, chemical processing, etc I would get the tea tree. I have been using it for awhile and see such a difference in my hair. I always use tea tree for my first wash and then use fig, 613 or seasonal flavor for second wash. When I want to deep condition (if I don't have any remoist mask), I sleep with a combo of tea tree and fig. If I have some 613, I add a pump or two of that also. In the morning, I rinse and use a little lavender as leave in for more body (if I am wearing my hair down). If I am wearing a ponytail, I will use 613, fig or seasonal flavor as my leave in conditioner. I just love Wen and have been trying to get all my friends and family on the program. Getting ready to order my gallons. Thanks Chaz for a wonderful product.

Mummadukes1338947798.451817 PostsRegistered 3/5/2010
Absolutely Tea Tree. I have been on thyroid meds for years and TT CC and oils have contributed to incredible hair growth and tons more body and volume!! I no longer have to tease the back of my hair to cover my balding spot as its no longer there!! It doesn't happen over night but it DOES happen. Chaz can't make claims, but lots of us here can speak to TT and hair growth. Good luck luvnlife, I hope this helps you too!

Coarse and wavy, color-treated brown (for the gray) with low lights hypothyroid hair. My faves: Fig, WCM, SMC and WVM!!

Pixie Jo1338947987.9873511 PostsRegistered 7/4/2009

Love tea tree, but I also have thinning hair due to heredity and low thyroid. Make sure your thyroid is working properly.

Pixie Jo

CandyO1338969945.097531 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007

Another vote for tea tree cleansing conditioner and/or the oil. I know you are having good results with the lavendar. You could also add the lavendar treatment oil to your routine.

bunky6031338973184.20310105 PostsRegistered 2/11/2012

I have no thyroid function and take the synthetic thyroid tablets for 22 years now. My hair was thinning and falling out like crazy.

I started taking Biotin Capsules two years ago and my hair and nails grow like crazy now. And they are a whole lot cheaper than buying WEN products.

I get a 6-months supply from the Q.

~~~~Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God. ~~~~

4downthesh­ore1338980410.972429 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007PA

Hi there..You are doing the right thing using the lavender. Tea tree, like others are saying is also excellent for your hair type. I have the same issues, my hair has been thinning from pcos for years. I have used the TT since I started using WEN. Love the results. Also the tt oil is beneficial for thinning hair. I recently got the lavender gallon & love the results also. I get more volume from the lavender but I also get great body & hydration from the TT so they are both good choices for thin hair. I have been researching the benefits of rosemary & lavender oils for thinning hair. You might want to google it yourself, there is very useful information on these oils & it seems like both oils, as well as the tt oil can help thinning hair...I also have tried just about everything there is to try on the market for my hair loss & since starting WEN, my hair is healthier then it's been since I was in my early 20's. In my opnion, it's the best. Good luck to you & welcome to the WEN board.

luvnlife1339027358.65792 PostsRegistered 4/16/2007

Ladies, you have been so much help! I ordered the Lavendar gallon and I'm going to order the TT CC and pick up the oil trio, which has TT,LAV and another that I can't remember now. I'm so hopeful that this is going to work because it can definitely impact your confidence level to have such thin hair!

Have a great evening all!!!

kcladyz1339027593.5434026 PostsRegistered 4/30/2012

lavender and cucumber does the same thing TT does, i would try sample packets to see what is best for you. I and many others have rashes aver useing TT. i know many people do not have that issues but $30 is a lot to waste on a shampoo not knowing. You can buy sample packets on qvc tht has one of each in it i believe.

GoodStuff1339028015.70315129 PostsRegistered 11/11/2008

If your hair is thinning due to genes and medications, I don't believe any hair care product is likely to make your hair regrow, although there are volumizing products that can make hair appear thicker. I'd see a doctor if I were you to see if your thyroid and the rest of your endocrine system are working properly and/or to see if there are any medications or supplements you might use for hair loss. My hair has thinned as I've aged also -- as did my mother's, my aunts', my brothers', my dad's. It's hard to overcome genes.

So many people on this board have complained of hair loss with WEN that I'd be very hesitant to use it on already thinning hair.

Last edited on 6/6/2012

Last edited on 6/6/2012

AuntieA1339100015.15519 PostsRegistered 4/26/2012SF Bay Area

I have hypothyroidism too. I am extremely dry, my hair falls out and have intolerance to cold (which means I rinse in warm water-sorry can't do the cool Chaz).

I use the tea tree oil on my scalp and the TT CC along with others. It's not my favorite fragrance but TT oil has many beneficial properties. And, I alternate taking Lessman's Hair Skin & Nails and Phytologie's Phytophanere.

I hope you find something that helps.

If we open our minds to enjoyment, we might find tranquil pleasures spread about us on every side. We might live with the angels that visit us on every sunbeam, and sit with the fairies who wait on every flower. ~ Samuel Smiles

tngal041339103294.54176 PostsRegistered 5/18/2012

I have hashimoto's thyroid. I had to stop medication for a month. That was awful! I am now take the brand name thyroid med. My hair is looking better. Dont let the Dr tell you that you are ok, cause lab values say so. Some Dr's get hung up on lab values, and not look at patient's symptoms. I also take QVC's over 50 Nature's Code vitamins. I also take biotin. The Lavender and Tea Tree together work great. I am loving the Mango Coconut and so is my hair. I use the Lavender and TT treatment mists. I alternate them. But mist m yhair before bed everynight.

Keep trying, you will find something to help.

localharvest.org find local organic farmers
and farmer's markets

Frannie1339105394.8132018 PostsRegistered 9/27/2006

I've been trying everything for thinning hair including various Nioxin products, Living Proof, Nick Chavez, etc. I tried WEN Lavendar a few years ago - hated it. Used WEN several years before that and didn't like it then either. All they've all done is thin my wallet. What I've been using for the last couple of weeks is Tresemme Healthy Volume shampoo and conditioner. It's wonderful! It leaves my hair very clean and shiny - not dry - and much fuller. I've been using the Tresemme 24 Hour Body Blow Dry Lotion too and it's great. And the products are cheap. Amazing.

I've also been taking 1300 mgs of Evening Primrose Oil for a little over 3 months - it's supposed to help - maybe it is - who knows - can't hurt.

My hair has been thinning for several years due to menopause - more so the last 6 or 8 months - from meds I think.

chickenmoo1339162131.6832071 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY

Luvnlife, I've been using Wen for a few months and have noticed a definite increase in hair length. My color stays true, doesn't fade out, and my hair hasn't grown this well without breaking in years!

I can't say it regrows hair, but I do know my fine hair feels much more 'full' when I use Wen. It looks like I have a ton more hair than I used to. I don't know if that's because the length of the hair is now nice, full and not splitting--or if it's stimulating my scalp so the hairs are all nice and plump.lol Does that kinda make sense? I can't say I've counted my hairs and noticed there were more lol, but I do know that what I have looks full, thick and full of body and shine.

~Love my Leonberger~

4downthesh­ore1339166021.5432429 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007PA
On 6/8/2012 chickenmoo said:

Luvnlife, I've been using Wen for a few months and have noticed a definite increase in hair length. My color stays true, doesn't fade out, and my hair hasn't grown this well without breaking in years!

I can't say it regrows hair, but I do know my fine hair feels much more 'full' when I use Wen. It looks like I have a ton more hair than I used to. I don't know if that's because the length of the hair is now nice, full and not splitting--or if it's stimulating my scalp so the hairs are all nice and plump.lol Does that kinda make sense? I can't say I've counted my hairs and noticed there were more lol, but I do know that what I have looks full, thick and full of body and shine.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Frannie1339360367.632018 PostsRegistered 9/27/2006

Wow. Which WEN do you use?

chickenmoo1339422068.6132071 PostsRegistered 6/8/2012Outside of Buffalo,NY
On 6/10/2012 Frannie said:

Wow. Which WEN do you use?

I use sweet almond mint--For me it has the best 'slip'...my hair does't get tangled or snarly, and I really don't get how it does it, but it really does give me alot of volume and fullness without looking "80's".lol

Oh and the finishing creme is my HG!! It makes my ends so healthy and nice--just don't use too much. Amazing stuff--no kidding! I was very skeptical at first, especially hearing about 'potential hairloss'--but I can't tell you how much I love Wen and what a difference it's made for me personally. I don't work for Chaz or QVC--I just have been using this stuff despite starting off a skeptic--and found it really works for me and I've never had better looking hair--And that's saying alot since I'm at that "growing out" stage where nothing ever looks good...But my hair looks fabulous if I do say so myself.lol..And is growing nicely with **way**less split ends, frizz and breakage.

I'd say if you're even thinking about trying it, give it a go and see for yourself. :)

~Love my Leonberger~

Frannie1340068540.8432018 PostsRegistered 9/27/2006

Thanks - I am thinking about trying it again.

mrs T1340072483.78315 PostsRegistered 6/5/2012

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I know I have already posted an answer but I failed to mention that I am over 50, menapausal and take meds for other health conditions. While Wen may not be for everyone, I can say that my hair is in better condition than it has been for years. I don't color my hair and I don't use alot of products. Again you must deep condition, protect for heat styling and keep ends trimmed. Remember that once hair leaves the scalp (hair growth) it is essentially dead. The longer your hair the more dead hairs you have.

Moisturizing hair and keeping your scalp healthy is key to keeping hair on your head. If you are not doing those 2 things, you will lose your hair no matter what products you use. Hope you find something that works for you.

Rochester ­Shopper1340127328.5934922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

Tea Tree is supposed to be the best for thinning hair. Hope this helps

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

Shelbelle1340133345.8734706 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Not WEN related but Viviscal supplements is a great one to try for thinning hair.

Rochester ­Shopper1340134287.6774922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan
On 6/19/2012 Shelbelle said:

Not WEN related but Viviscal supplements is a great one to try for thinning hair.

What is in this suppliment?

Shelbelle1340135315.24334706 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004
On 6/19/2012 Rochester Shopper said:
On 6/19/2012 Shelbelle said:

What is in this suppliment?

Check it out on the Viviscal site.

Rochester ­Shopper1340136023.8974922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

thx shelbelle

Page 1 of 1