Holidays at Home
132 Members and 11525 Guests Online

WEN

Wen made my hair feel limp and greasy........

Started 1334378317.607 in WEN | Last reply 1334622300.863 by josie

At first I really liked it, but as time went on, it started feeling limp and greasy feeling. I even tried cutting back ALOT on how much it recommended to use, and still same results. I wound up using it up and going back to regular salon shampoos. Then I even started using regular 2in1's because regular conditioner seemed to be doing this to me as well. I have just turned in my early 40's. Can I be experiencing a lot more oil in my hair due to hormones or something? My skin is always so dry, and my hair normally is too, but if I use too much of a conditioning product, now it gets greasy. I only wash my hair every other day, but if I don't wash at least that often, then it gets greasy as well. So frustrated! I would love to try this new TSV set, but don't feel it's worth it for me.

Page 1 of 1
MsTrixi1334378801.0471417 PostsRegistered 9/18/2006Menifee, California

I have an oily scalp and dry hair and it doesn't work for me either {#emotions_dlg.sad} When used regularly it made my hair limp and greasy. I only use it when I do those home root touch-up kits that say just to rinse (and don't give you conditioner). I wanted to be a Wen girl, but it just didn't work for me.

"Getting old is not for sissies."
Bette Davis

wolfdrivers1334382530.667328 PostsRegistered 1/3/2009North Warren, PA
On 4/13/2012 MsTrixi said:

I have an oily scalp and dry hair and it doesn't work for me either {#emotions_dlg.sad} When used regularly it made my hair limp and greasy. I only use it when I do those home root touch-up kits that say just to rinse (and don't give you conditioner). I wanted to be a Wen girl, but it just didn't work for me.

That must be my problem the same as you....oily scalp, dry hair. How can that be though?

jessidog1334399327.5873 PostsRegistered 4/14/2012

I agree. When I first tried Wen I liked it but the more I used it the more my hair became limp and greasy. It always felt dirty. Wen is definately not for me.

jasbel1334400008.6472423 PostsRegistered 10/21/2008

I think the trick to Wen is mixing up the formulas. I had the same problem until I started using Cucumber Aloe every now and then. Then I found if I used CA for the first rinse and then Pom or the seasonal for the 2nd it worked great. The last TSV I didn't have CA so I bought the Tea Tree which also works. I noticed that since CA wasn't offered, the Tea Tree sold out first. So I'm probably not the only one that does that.

BeagleMama1334400366.843709 PostsRegistered 3/7/2006
On 4/13/2012 wolfdrivers said:

At first I really liked it, but as time went on, it started feeling limp and greasy feeling. I even tried cutting back ALOT on how much it recommended to use, and still same results. I wound up using it up and going back to regular salon shampoos. Then I even started using regular 2in1's because regular conditioner seemed to be doing this to me as well. I have just turned in my early 40's. Can I be experiencing a lot more oil in my hair due to hormones or something? My skin is always so dry, and my hair normally is too, but if I use too much of a conditioning product, now it gets greasy. I only wash my hair every other day, but if I don't wash at least that often, then it gets greasy as well. So frustrated! I would love to try this new TSV set, but don't feel it's worth it for me.

I think that cutting back on the amount of product was the wrong thing to do. Chaz always stresses that you have to use enough product in order to clean the hair, and that is true. I know it sounds like he is just trying to increase sales, but that's not the case because many WEN users have found that by using more WEN to cleanse, they are also able to go longer between cleanses - so they're really not going through the product faster.

The cause for most WEN users that experience flat or greasy looking hair is usually attributed to two things - not using enough product (you get better results by doing a double cleanse too), and not rinsing long enough or thoroughly enough. You have to run your fingers through your hair and scalp while you rinse, and go section by section to make sure the WEN is all out - should be squeaky clean when you're done.

justashopp­er1334502379.287885 PostsRegistered 10/3/2006
On 4/14/2012 MineralMakeupLover said:

I think that cutting back on the amount of product was the wrong thing to do. Chaz always stresses that you have to use enough product in order to clean the hair, and that is true. I know it sounds like he is just trying to increase sales, but that's not the case because many WEN users have found that by using more WEN to cleanse, they are also able to go longer between cleanses - so they're really not going through the product faster.

The cause for most WEN users that experience flat or greasy looking hair is usually attributed to two things - not using enough product (you get better results by doing a double cleanse too), and not rinsing long enough or thoroughly enough. You have to run your fingers through your hair and scalp while you rinse, and go section by section to make sure the WEN is all out - should be squeaky clean when you're done.

Well sad, MineralMakeupLover. More is more with WEN and lots of rinsing!!!

Rochester ­Shopper1334503261.0274922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan
On 4/15/2012 justashopper said:
On 4/14/2012 MineralMakeupLover said:

Well sad, MineralMakeupLover. More is more with WEN and lots of rinsing!!!

I agree. Well put!!

To those of you who have not had the results, try it again, using the amount recommended for your hair length PLUS an extra pumpful just to be sure. You are better off using "too much" Wen. Really work it around your scalp and scruby scrub it. After you rinse until squeeky, wash it again. With shampoo, I had to wash my hair every day. With Wen, my hair stays so fresh and clean that I can go 2-3 days!

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

amo21mn1334503392.997216 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007

I agree with jasbel and MineralMakeupLover.

When I shampooed I need to keep switching up my brands. I would find one I liked then after a few months or so I would hate it. It wasn't working. I always felt greasy and couldn't do anything with my hair. I would switch to something else and my hair bounced back.

I had the same issue with Wen. I started with SAM. It was great for a long time. Then I started having issues again. I don't know why this happens, but I need to switch it up. If I don't mix 2 at a time, I at least alternate shower to shower.

Also, more is better! If you don't use enough it won't work.

I cleanse everyday during the week because I become an oily mess after 1.5 days after the cleanse. I know it's not Wen for me personally that's causing the grease factor. I get that no matter what I use.

lilgreeney­es1334506010.41671 PostsRegistered 4/8/2011

I agree, try using the recommended amount plus one more generous pump to be sure, really scrub and work it in, then rinse rinse rinse. Mix it up...for your hair issues OP, CA would be ideal (oily scalp, dry hair) for your first cleanse or at least your scalp, and use a hydrating formula like fig or a univeral like Pom either midshaft down on your fist cleanse (with the CA at the scalp) or just do CA first, then Fig or Pom second. I think if you try this you might have better results. Like another poster said, more is more... I had issues the first time I tried it and gave up, thought it was a scam (using SAM from G-R) but gave it another shot after cancer, and really followed directions, used the QVC and/or product from his site directly (no G-R stuff), used formulas based on my hair needs and WOW! Good luck!

CryssieGlam1334616174.67330 PostsRegistered 4/16/2012

I am a oily root, dry end girl. It has made me hate my hair for ever. Until I found Wen, had the worst split ends and would keep my hair short. But, I do have a secret. I do have to double wash and the second day I need a bit of dry shampoo. Not alot. But, I needed to do this with other shampoos/cond but my split ends were horrible and it would take 30-45 min to comb my hair. Frizzy, snagged, and just I did not feel pretty. Now I do, but I had a big learning curve. Good luck to you in what you find works for you

Jackie61334617218.38996 PostsRegistered 5/5/2007
I love WEN but for some reason the tea tree did NOT agree with my scalp. It started itching and I had to go off it for awhile.

josie1334622300.8664 PostsRegistered 7/19/2010

I have used it repeatedly and my hair still is greasy and flat. I used the lavender and I have very short, thin and fine hair. I started out using a small amount and it just feels like it's not clean, then I tried using larger amounts and my hair still feels and looks like it's not clean.

Page 1 of 1