Give Gorgeous
16 Members and 12339 Guests Online

WEN

why is my hair still frizzy

Started 1332980787.033 in WEN | Last reply 1334184658.567 by jurby

I have blonde, med.-long, naturally curly hair. color treated. I let my hair air dry. I have been using wen for over a year. I use at least 12 pumps for 1st and 2nd washes. In fact I go through a 32oz. bottle every two months. and only cleanse my hair every 3rd or 4th day. It is getting very expensive. My hair is shinier and grows faster and is not as frizzy as before. But still FRIZZY. I use 2 pumps of the styling cream on soaking wet hair as Chaz says. I am doing exactly as Chaz says to do. I wish Chaz could tell me what I can do differently. I use fig and just started using pom. Any suggestions will be appriciated. Thanks to all the other wen girls. :)

Page 1 of 1
lilgreeney­es1332980959.857671 PostsRegistered 4/8/2011

Let me ask...are you still letting your hair air dry?

Mummadukes1332981678.3371818 PostsRegistered 3/5/2010
My hairs tends to run frizzy too. Do you apply at least a pump of CC as a leave in to soaking wet hair before the styling creme? To my leave in CC I also add 2 tiny drops of oil. Then the styling creme. The new finishing creme has been a huge addition for me but I use the diffuser since its too cold for me to leave the house with wet hair. When I air dry my curls in the summer I rub a few drops of oil into my hands and then push it into my curls. I also fish win a few light spritzed of the volumizing spray to act as hair spray. I hope you find a technique that works best for you!

Coarse and wavy, color-treated brown (for the gray) with hi and low lights hypothyroid hair. My faves: Fig, BGT. WCM, SMC and 613

milesunshi­ne1333655932.374 PostsRegistered 8/27/2011

yes i still air dry. why? when i blow dry my hair is huge and very frizzy. :) and yes i put a pump of cc as keep in. I also use the spray and have tried the cream for dry hair. I just ordered 613. hoping that works better.

lilgreeney­es1333656598.6671 PostsRegistered 4/8/2011

Just wondering, I noticed that when I air dry I had lots of frizz still, but I only blow dry maybe a few times a year, and it was frizzy then too. I almost gave up on Wen as I didnt see smooth, sleek shiny soft hair like the models and everyone else was raving about. But I started using only fig and 613 for a while and also added the oils to my cc leave in. That seemed to help a lot. Now, I still have frizz, but it is much better than ever before and I just add the finishing creme when dry and it tones that down, and also smooth a few drops of oil over the frizz and it goes away (mostly).

I have very very coarse hair, it was always wavy, frizzy, coarse coarse, dry, even as a young girl when I had long natural untouched uncolor treated locks. My young girl pix show that same frizzy coarse hair...so some of the frizz is just part and parcel of my natural hair that will never go away as it is in the nature of the hair and the follicle and the way it grows. It cant be erased completely no matter what I use or who styles it. But Wen has made it so much better than anything else ever did.

Dont give up...find a cocktail of leave in mixtures that work for you. I know you can if you keep at it, and feel that you will begin to love Wen much more if you do. Good luck!

Moots1333657723.27721 PostsRegistered 12/11/2011

I got tired of being frizzy doing everthing Chaz said...so after i finish washing i spray tresemme Split Remmedy all over my hair and finger comb. I dont even towl dry..just slop it all over your head in the shower. Then air or blow dry with diffuser. The Wen styling stuff didnt cut the mustard for me.

BTW braw-length color treated curly hair

ibb381333659827.66312411 PostsRegistered 10/6/2004

Fig was terrible for my curly hair- I could never rinse it out fully enough and that resulted in what I thought was frizz and dryness. Changing formulations helped- but Wen still isn't the be all and end all for me. Using it in my regimen and alternating with other haircare products works best!

Last edited on 4/5/2012

Last edited on 4/5/2012

MotorCity ­Chick1333670364.8931816 PostsRegistered 2/1/2005Michigan

Fig and 613 are the BEST for my frizzy prone hair. I air dry my hair most days and when using either of these I don't get frizz.

grzbela1333671172.913176 PostsRegistered 11/5/2010

What makes a difference for me is the styling creme. I have more curly than straight hair and I also air dry. I found that I need about 4 pumps and then have to really work it into my hair. I have missed a few sections and found that section would get frizzy. So far, it has not made my hair feel weighed down. I use the Almond variety.

amo21mn1333683641.757216 PostsRegistered 6/30/2007

the new finishing creme has helped me with any frizz/fly aways.. didn't think I'd like it, but I do! A lot of things weight my hair down, but this didn't at all!

foxywoods1333684570.117913 PostsRegistered 8/6/2007

Have you tried plopping? (or plunking)

You could final rinse with deminerlized water

Bleach can be an issue for frizz-prone hair.

I put my schizo-wavey-curly hair up in an octopus clip.

I also use Phyto Phytodefrisant - plant based anti-frizz balm, when hair is wet but not dripping:

<h3>
</h3>

grzbela1333730433.103176 PostsRegistered 11/5/2010

Another thought: how do you dry your hair? With my hair I use a microfiber towel right out of the shower--just wrap it up with no "scrubbing" to dry it. I only leave it that way for a few minutes (time to brush my teeth and moisturize my face) then I take it down. At this point I apply the styling creme. So, if I let me hair get too dry, or if you "scrub it" dry with your towel, that may contibute to your frizziness. Once the creme is in, I let it dry naturally.

Irshgrl312­011333730814.7714543 PostsRegistered 3/14/2006

I was a hair stylist for over 10 yrs specializing in corrective color.

Most people don't have naturally smooth hair or get that from products alone. It is achieved by styling it (blowing out with big round brush, flat iron or rollers)

Sorry but Chaz's models aren't air dried either, they are highly styled as are all models for hair products.

You may get some smoothing from a product but the only thing that will do that 100% without styling is a Brazilian blowout (keratin treatment) or Japanese straightening.

jurby1334175971.42594 PostsRegistered 8/14/2007

my hair frizzes really badly too. i also did as Chaz always states, to add the styling creme and soaking wet hair but my hair looked even worse when i did that. i don't add a pump of cleansing conditioner to soaking wet hair either as that doesn't make any difference either. what DOES make a huge difference for my hair was to gently/lightly towel dry my hair (not rubbing - just light patting to get the excess water off but leaving the hair still wet enough to easily take on product) just enough so it's not dripping then shake it out (yeah, like a dog - it really works!) and then add 1 pump cleansing conditioner as a leave in, then 3-4 pumps styling creme (i also air dry my hair most of the time. on days i blow dry i only do 2 pumps styling creme) and voila, no frizz. when air drying, you really need to almost double the amount of styling creme you use as the styling creme has to essentially do the work to defrizz that a blow-dryer would otherwise do, so you need to use more styling creme when air drying.

olewoman1334178152.7732111 PostsRegistered 10/19/2008only my friends
On 4/6/2012 irshgrl312 said:

I was a hair stylist for over 10 yrs specializing in corrective color.

Most people don't have naturally smooth hair or get that from products alone. It is achieved by styling it (blowing out with big round brush, flat iron or rollers)

Sorry but Chaz's models aren't air dried either, they are highly styled as are all models for hair products.

You may get some smoothing from a product but the only thing that will do that 100% without styling is a Brazilian blowout (keratin treatment) or Japanese straightening.

I agree,makes me feel badly for people who spend their hard earned money on products that never work.

jurby1334184658.567594 PostsRegistered 8/14/2007

it works if it's used correctly. if not used correctly, you won't get the best results.

Page 1 of 1