Creede Silver Sale
106 Members and 10055 Guests Online

WEN

Which Wen formula????????

Started 1329345849.87 in WEN | Last reply 1329543019.707 by NewNail

I have Never tried Wen but have watched it many times. Which is the best formula for fine limp hair ? ? Also interested to see how it preerves your color. Is this product worth it?? Thanks for your input :)

Page 1 of 1
noellec1329351291.257550 PostsRegistered 12/4/2011Tennessee

Welcome to the boards! It's totally worth it! Honestly, it has taken over my life! LOL. So many products promise these grand results, only to be good or just ok. WEN lives up to the hype! For fine, limp hair, the lavender formula is recommended, and also Cucumber Aloe would be great because it is the most clarifying. But truthfully, if you use it right (feel free to come on here and post questions..everyone is really nice and helpful) any formula will work wonders! (Except maybe the fig for you...might be too heavy.) My favorite is the Tea Tree! Let us know what you end up doing!

37, Brown hair, blue eyes, 2 lovely kiddos. I use WEN, Mally, Dr. Denese, Josie Maran, and Philosopy

Denise fro­m Canada1329410119.431900 PostsRegistered 9/27/2011Northern Alberta
I found lavender drying this winter, my seasonals are my best formula for my thin fine hair. I also like the Sweet Almond Mint. Cucumber is for oily hair, it has been mentioned before on this forum as being very astringent. I have also found my hair gets a major boost of volume if I blow dry, I use the cool setting and love to use a spritz of fig spray, brings out my natural curl. If you find you get dry skin or scalp, go with a seasonal scent. Denise

Love my Life, Love my Husband, Love my Family, Love my Friends, Love my Fur Babies, Love my Garden, Love homemade Ice Cream and Love my Wen!

4downthesh­ore1329422788.912429 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007PA

I have your hair type & I find cucumber, pom & tea tree work the best for me. Lavender doesn't give me as much body as thoes even though it's supposed to be the most volumizing. Have fun experimenting! A discovery kit is the best way to try all the formulas. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

raven-blac­kbird1329422991.74314073 PostsRegistered 1/2/2009California

I'm a fig gal........I'm on auto ship, wouldn't be without my WEN........the flyers that come with it say it's for all hair types, but I have thick hair that is straight as a board and it works for me................raven

"Polite conversation is rarely either."
Fran Lebowitz

Rochester ­Shopper1329435565.434922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

Welcome to the boards! My mom had baby fine, limp hair. She gets fluffy hair from Lavendar, Cucumber Aloe and 613.

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

ceegee21329462596.4871031 PostsRegistered 8/28/2009

Hi everyone.. I have been using WEN for the past three weeks and so far I am pretty happy. I question if I am using the correct formulation though. You all seem so nice and helpful that I was hoping I could get some advice, My hair is color treated and I just had my color done today so I am really excited to see if I can avoid that awful color fading that I was having with shampoo. My hair is about collar bone length and before I had it cut today it was about five inches longer than that. My hair is fine and can be easily weighed down but it us also quick to be dry and frizzy at times. Since I went a bit blonder I think I am going to need a bit more moisture but I would love to not have it so overly conditioned that I have to cleanse daily because blow drying is pretty hard on the hair. I have been using WVM and POM. I love them both into two cleanses but think that I wish my hair felt a little bit smoother. I was using 32 oumps divided into two cleanses with four 16 oz pumps for each of the four sections each cleanse. I follow all the directions for cleansing. My hair does look healthier but not quite as smooth and shiny as I was hoping. I have not been using any of the CC as a leave in. Also does it impact the cleanse to use my root lifter, thickening gel and mouse after cleansing? What about hair spray? Sometimes I do use my products but then my hair definitely does not feel as nice but without them I can't really style the way I would like. I have a very texturized long bob that I like to have look really piecy and volumized. So should I be using WEN stying products> If so which ones?

So sorry I didn't mean to write a book. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Also does Chaz Dean offer EZ pays during the Wen shows?

Final question. Do you have any hints about "wenning" on a budget?

TY all so much in advance. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Carolyn

We are angels with but one wing, and to fly we must embrace each other - anonymous

ceegee21329507161.0671031 PostsRegistered 8/28/2009
On 2/17/2012 ceegee2 said:

Hi everyone.. I have been using WEN for the past three weeks and so far I am pretty happy. I question if I am using the correct formulation though. You all seem so nice and helpful that I was hoping I could get some advice, My hair is color treated and I just had my color done today so I am really excited to see if I can avoid that awful color fading that I was having with shampoo. My hair is about collar bone length and before I had it cut today it was about five inches longer than that. My hair is fine and can be easily weighed down but it us also quick to be dry and frizzy at times. Since I went a bit blonder I think I am going to need a bit more moisture but I would love to not have it so overly conditioned that I have to cleanse daily because blow drying is pretty hard on the hair. I have been using WVM and POM. I love them both into two cleanses but think that I wish my hair felt a little bit smoother. I was using 32 oumps divided into two cleanses with four 16 oz pumps for each of the four sections each cleanse. I follow all the directions for cleansing. My hair does look healthier but not quite as smooth and shiny as I was hoping. I have not been using any of the CC as a leave in. Also does it impact the cleanse to use my root lifter, thickening gel and mouse after cleansing? What about hair spray? Sometimes I do use my products but then my hair definitely does not feel as nice but without them I can't really style the way I would like. I have a very texturized long bob that I like to have look really piecy and volumized. So should I be using WEN stying products> If so which ones?

So sorry I didn't mean to write a book. {#emotions_dlg.blush}

Also does Chaz Dean offer EZ pays during the Wen shows?

Final question. Do you have any hints about "wenning" on a budget?

TY all so much in advance. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Carolyn

Anybody? If you could answer just one or two of my questions it would be so much appreciated. Thanks. Smile

We are angels with but one wing, and to fly we must embrace each other - anonymous

Cupcake041329507748.78732 PostsRegistered 1/17/2012

I had the same question as OP a few weeks back and the wonderful Wen Girls here advised me to get the 6-flavor set so I could try them all. They were right and I am sooooo glad I did that. Don't get me wrong....all the scents are good, but it depends on you and your hair which is better. I've liked them all as I tried them, but so far I am finding that the Tea Tree on my scalp and the Sweet Almond Mint on my ends is the best "formula" for me so far. Just started trying the Fig yesterday so we shall see.

I am also like you in that I color my hair. I had mine done on on Jan 24th, and starting using Wen a few days after that and I gotta tell ya that it looks like I had my color done yesterday! No fading, no lines, and it is shiny as heck!!

Try the "variety pack" and happy experimenting!

Rochester ­Shopper1329508268.5734922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

Hi Ceegee,

I have fine hair, my mom has baby fine hair. My mom likes lavender and 613. I found 613 makes my hair shiny, but not weighed down. If I use pom and WVM for an extended period of time, I find my hair will get overconditioned and weighed down. When that happens, I use Cucumber Aloe for a while, which is more astringent.

I don't get overconditioned with 613 and don't have to use Cucumber Aloe. I would recommend you cleanse twice with 613. Also, I find I need less 613 than other Wen formulas because it is so thick.

If you start leaving some CC in afterwards, start with a pea size and keep it away from your roots.

I like the styling creme! I have not had experience with his texture balm, but have read good reviews. I use the volumizing spray as hairspray.

Sometimes Wen TSV is on easy pay.

As for wenning on a budget, the larger size bottles are more economical. One freind uses Hair One from Sally's in-between Wen. Another friend only uses Wen as a conditioner. You can also check chazdean.com and ebay. Just a note, ladies here reported Gunthy Renker's formulas are not the same, except for WVM.

Hope this helps. I am sure others will chime in, too.

I also color my hair, and my hairdresser is so impresses how well my color stays!

Last edited on 2/17/2012

Last edited on 2/17/2012

ceegee21329539458.351031 PostsRegistered 8/28/2009

Ty so much Cupcake 04 and Rochester Shopper! I will be experiementing and am very interested in the 613 and in the styling products too. I ordered some more WVM and the POM and SAM duo tonight. I am very appreciative of your replies and your suggestions.

Rochester ­Shopper1329539621.4034922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan
On 2/17/2012 ceegee2 said:

Ty so much Cupcake 04 and Rochester Shopper! I will be experiementing and am very interested in the 613 and in the styling products too. I ordered some more WVM and the POM and SAM duo tonight. I am very appreciative of your replies and your suggestions.

You are very welcome, ceegee2! Let us know how it works out!

NewNail1329543019.7032164 PostsRegistered 10/31/2011Los Angeles, CA

The the seasonal Winter Vanilla Mint before it sells out or is gone by Feb 29th. Won't be back until Dec 1st. I ordered 12 of them so I would not run out. I love, love, love Winter Vanilla Mint. It is a cross between 613 and the other cleansing conditioners. Order at least one!

Page 1 of 1