Back to School
141 Members and 10901 Guests Online

WEN

Anyone notice hair grows FASTER with WEN. Your hair is also thicker.I LOVE WEN.

Started 1325185426.6 in WEN | Last reply 1326597176.59 by noellec

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Since using Wen my hair grows at least 1/2 an inch per month. Sometimes more up to an inch.. It is the best cleansing conditioner I9 have ever tried on my curly hair. My hair dresser can't believe the difference in my hair since using wen she stated 1 strand of my hair is like 5 strands of normal shampooed hair. I am so happy I will be donating hair to Locks of Love soon.

Debbie in Oregon

Page 1 of 2
Rochester ­Shopper1325185595.124922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan
On 12/29/2011 with almonds said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Since using Wen my hair grows at least 1/2 an inch per month. Sometimes more up to an inch.. It is the best cleansing conditioner I9 have ever tried on my curly hair. My hair dresser can't believe the difference in my hair since using wen she stated 1 strand of my hair is like 5 strands of normal shampooed hair. I am so happy I will be donating hair to Locks of Love soon.

Debbie in Oregon

I have had similar results!

Donating to Locks of Love is wonderful!! If my hair was long enough, I would do it too.

~Be kinder than necessary, for everyone is fighting a battle.~
~My Grandma's motto: Is it nice, is it true, would you like it said of you?~

shoptillId­rop1325188154.559399 PostsRegistered 10/25/2006Michigan

When I came back to WEN, I noticed around my hairline along the front of my face, new growth. It's funny, but I didn't even think to connect it to WEN till I started reading others were experiencing new hair growth.

I tried being patient but it took too long.

noellec1325192706.057550 PostsRegistered 12/4/2011Tennessee

I've only been usind wen for a month and went to get my hair cut today. My hairdresser literally could not stop commenting on how long and thick my hair is. He said there were no dead ends to cut off. (It's been 2 Mos since my last trim.) He asked what I've been using so of course I had to tell him all about wen!

37, Brown hair, blue eyes, 2 lovely kiddos. I use WEN, Mally, Dr. Denese, Josie Maran, and Philosopy

Kathleen1325193123.05712425 PostsRegistered 8/7/2006East Side, West Side, All Around The Town ... London Bridge is Falling Down
On 12/29/2011 shoptillIdrop said:

When I came back to WEN, I noticed around my hairline along the front of my face, new growth. It's funny, but I didn't even think to connect it to WEN till I started reading others were experiencing new hair growth.

{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.scared}

Don't get any of that stuff on your face! You might have to start shaving.

ittyreen1325193665.44674 PostsRegistered 11/30/2005

I've never used WEN but thinking about giving it a try. How does it affect gray hair?

What about color-treated hair? TIA!

puglet1325194419.4772153 PostsRegistered 9/3/2011
On 12/29/2011 ittyreen said:

I've never used WEN but thinking about giving it a try. How does it affect gray hair?

Hi ittyreen,

I was in your place a few months ago, that is, new to Wen and eager to try it. I just want to alert you to the fact that there are many threads on bad reactions to Wen -- everything from rashes to itchy scalp to hair falling out --- that you can read in the Wen forum or do a Search. I'm not saying don't try it, just that if you do have any reaction, you'll know that it's the Wen. I was thankful that I was forewarned!

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened. ~ Anatole France

Rochester ­Shopper1325194571.8034922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan

My hairdresser can't believe how well my hair color does not fade! Wen does not have any sulfates in it. Try it!

sueinsf1325196763.432244 PostsRegistered 9/5/2006

I hope it doesn't make my hair grow faster because then there are more roots showing sooner!

As to the question of color, I have generally found that WEN holds my color better than most cleansers. However, that being said, my color is red and even WEN doesn't stop it from fading but it does generally hold up pretty well until my next color and fades to a nice natural looking shade.

Also, in regards to the test Chaz does with 2 redheads each visit, I noticed some pale red spots (obviously from my color) showing on the inside (white) of my turbie twist, which I sometimes put on right after I get out of the shower. So, that test doesn't hold true for me - even using WEN the red will come out.

Jen S1325197017.192091 PostsRegistered 5/24/2010WI

My hair normally grew at 1/2 inch per month and is now closing in on 3/4 to 1" (but not quite 1) so my a-line bob I got two months ago has now grown to the point where it looks like a different cut already. I marinaded in my SAM and Lavender today and it looks like it's even longer today! When my hair was longer, the WEN helped me stretch my cuts to about every 16 weeks....now I am planning to go in to re-cut the A-line bob within the first two weeks of January.

Visaqueen1325197177.949244 PostsRegistered 1/29/2007Suffragette City

I don't know if it is so much that my hair grows faster but since the ends are so healthy and I have virtually no breakeage, it has grown long much faster than usual. I just get the ends trimmed for style, not because my ends are fried.

I love WEN, too! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

I have a fever . . . and the only cure . . . is more COWBELL!

welshgirl1325198391.357347 PostsRegistered 5/22/2010

My hair is growing faster too. I had a haircut last night, and my hairdresser couldn't believe the growth since my last cut, 8 weeks ago. She kept commenting on how healthy and shiny it looked as well. This is good stuff!

ValentinaB­on1325203096.2136934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

Welcome Debbie! Glad WEN is working wonderfully for you as it does for many of us!

I agree with you- my hair definitely grows faster and I have more of it now than I did before. Love my WEN and won't give it up for anything. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

DUH....WENing! :)

shoptillId­rop1325213165.879399 PostsRegistered 10/25/2006Michigan
On 12/29/2011 Kathleen said:
On 12/29/2011 shoptillIdrop said:

Don't get any of that stuff on your face! You might have to start shaving.

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} good point!

shoptillId­rop1325213602.469399 PostsRegistered 10/25/2006Michigan

Hi ittyreen,

I've found with color treated hair, WEN actually helps my color last longer. My stylist commented on that fact and asked what I had been using. When I told her about WEN, she ordered some, used it, fell in love with it so much that she spoke with her boss and he called Chaz Dean's salon and inquired about buying WEN for selling in our local salon.

I haven't had experience with gray hair (mine is color treated), but I can't think of anything better for gray hair than WEN.

I hope you'll give it a try and let us know what you think.

MotorCity ­Chick1325252423.851814 PostsRegistered 2/1/2005Michigan

My hair has never been as long as it is now (since using Wen) it just wouldn't grow after a certain length, not the case anymore {#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Also, its MUCH thicker than it used to be. I really don't see myself ever using anything other than Wen with the wonderful results I've gotten!

yogagirl7771325260455.863481 PostsRegistered 1/1/2011
On 12/29/2011 sueinsf said:

I hope it doesn't make my hair grow faster because then there are more roots showing sooner!

As to the question of color, I have generally found that WEN holds my color better than most cleansers. However, that being said, my color is red and even WEN doesn't stop it from fading but it does generally hold up pretty well until my next color and fades to a nice natural looking shade.

Also, in regards to the test Chaz does with 2 redheads each visit, I noticed some pale red spots (obviously from my color) showing on the inside (white) of my turbie twist, which I sometimes put on right after I get out of the shower. So, that test doesn't hold true for me - even using WEN the red will come out.

Thank you, that redhead test Chaz does just drives me crazy!!! I color red over my natural auburn hair (covering the grey). Have used WEN for many years and I always have a little color loss the first few times I wash after coloring. I actually have found using regular non sulfate shampoo shows NO color loss the first few times, then I switch back to WEN. With WEN, I will have 'pink' on towels and on my white shower. So the opposite of that towel test. That towel test just drives me nuts!! WHAT kind of color did he put on that girls hair that just comes right off on the towel?? I just don't get it! (and by the way, last I knew, my stylist uses the same brand color Chaz uses). Ok, done my rant on that.

I do find my hair grows really fast using WEN, esp using Tea Tree. The downside to this is yes, roots!! I like having thicker hair, but longer means more haircuts. My hairstyle grows out within two weeks of a haircut. I have bangs that I have to cut every 2 weeks or so. My stylist will do them for free but I'm too lazy to get in there.

manicshopp­er1325261353.392818 PostsRegistered 10/21/2009Never Never Land

Hum interesting! I've been using WEN for about 2 years, and recently just got the 613 which I LOVE LOVE LOVE! I have "fine" hair but a lot of it. I recently notices a lot of shorter pieces on the top of my head - they become "fly aways" if you know what I mean. I almost thought they were breakage, but may it is just new growth! I also got my hair cut and colored last week and my hair gal said she thought my hair was getting thicker! We talked about it maybe be because I have more grey coming in, and of course grey is thicker and more course, and I asked her about the "fly aways" on the top of my head and she thought it could be hormonal related too.

But just maybe it is from 2 years of WEN use and I just have started to notice the new growth because they are long enough to stick up! (probably 4 to 6 inches long now).

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

- Eleanor Roosevelt

manicshopp­er1325261535.7932818 PostsRegistered 10/21/2009Never Never Land
On 12/30/2011 yogagirl777 said:

Thank you, that redhead test Chaz does just drives me crazy!!! I color red over my natural auburn hair (covering the grey). Have used WEN for many years and I always have a little color loss the first few times I wash after coloring. I actually have found using regular non sulfate shampoo shows NO color loss the first few times, then I switch back to WEN. With WEN, I will have 'pink' on towels and on my white shower. So the opposite of that towel test. That towel test just drives me nuts!! WHAT kind of color did he put on that girls hair that just comes right off on the towel?? I just don't get it! (and by the way, last I knew, my stylist uses the same brand color Chaz uses). Ok, done my rant on that.

I do find my hair grows really fast using WEN, esp using Tea Tree. The downside to this is yes, roots!! I like having thicker hair, but longer means more haircuts. My hairstyle grows out within two weeks of a haircut. I have bangs that I have to cut every 2 weeks or so. My stylist will do them for free but I'm too lazy to get in there.

I agree that demo is ridiculous and I think he should stop doing it as it does not really do his product any favors. I have red in my coloring and it comes out on the towel as a pink tone after the first couple of washes. I've heard that Red comes out more than any other color.

I do think WEN keeps my color longer, but this part of the demo is dumb.

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

- Eleanor Roosevelt

Catbelly1325262039.883155 PostsRegistered 10/24/2004Burlington County, NJ

I'm a WEN user too (few years) and I do think it makes the color last longer. I had to experiment to see which was best for my coarse hair and hands down it's the Cucumber and Almond Mint - not necessarily together, and it seems to like the Pomegranate, too. Even tho Fig is supposed to be the best for coarse hair, it was awful - really flattened it out. And I swear the Tea Tree made my hair fall out (had the small bottles from the Beauty Bash so I got to try them all) and I didn't like the medicinal smell - it seemed to linger. For me Tree Tea was too strong but if you tend to have oily hair it's probably a good choice. I used to run on the dry side but with WEN it's silky and I'm down to 2 days a week ! !

I can't say that my hair is thicker and I seem to be thinning in the front. I'm guessing from menopause. I'm not sure if when I wash my hair in that area if I should do it gently or massage it a bit harder to stimulate the follicle. Any suggestions? Otherwise, my hair looks great

Tracydee1325263562.9573 PostsRegistered 12/30/2011

I love the new "Season" offerings; I loved the Pumpkin and the Winter one too!!! I use the fig and have fine thin, and I color my hair. Fig seems to work good for me? I mix them sometimes like when I had Pomigranite I mixed it with fig. I use the WEN for shaving and even clean my face sometimes with it, I like the clean but moist feeling!!! I love it!!!

Tracydee1325263724.9833 PostsRegistered 12/30/2011
On 12/30/2011 manicshopper said:

Hum interesting! I've been using WEN for about 2 years, and recently just got the 613 which I LOVE LOVE LOVE! I have "fine" hair but a lot of it. I recently notices a lot of shorter pieces on the top of my head - they become "fly aways" if you know what I mean. I almost thought they were breakage, but may it is just new growth! I also got my hair cut and colored last week and my hair gal said she thought my hair was getting thicker! We talked about it maybe be because I have more grey coming in, and of course grey is thicker and more course, and I asked her about the "fly aways" on the top of my head and she thought it could be hormonal related too.

But just maybe it is from 2 years of WEN use and I just have started to notice the new growth because they are long enough to stick up! (probably 4 to 6 inches long now).

What is 613 ???

ittyreen1325264502.707674 PostsRegistered 11/30/2005

Thanks for all the info about WEN. I have gray in my hair so my stylist highlights and lowlights so that the gray blends in. It's way easier to maintain because I don't have roots showing so badly between cuts. If WEN extends the color without fading - I'm IN!

Rochester ­Shopper1325266020.254922 PostsRegistered 7/20/2011Michigan
On 12/30/2011 ittyreen said:

Thanks for all the info about WEN. I have gray in my hair so my stylist highlights and lowlights so that the gray blends in. It's way easier to maintain because I don't have roots showing so badly between cuts. If WEN extends the color without fading - I'm IN!

Wen really extends my color. Sounds like it's time for you to jump in the Wen pool!

bruingirl1325268441.6936727 PostsRegistered 8/3/2006Los Angeles, CA
On 12/30/2011 yogagirl777 said:

Chaz uses L'Oreal Majirel and INOA hair color. The very popular sulfate-free brand (one you can buy at Target that has a popular celebrity in their ad campaign) is what is causing the color to come out on the towel.

ETA - and yes, the combo of TT oil and TT CC has given me lots of new hair growth!

Last edited on 12/30/2011

Last edited on 12/30/2011

Live.....Laugh.....Love

4downthesh­ore1325275254.542429 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007PA
On 12/30/2011 Tracydee said:

I love the new "Season" offerings; I loved the Pumpkin and the Winter one too!!! I use the fig and have fine thin, and I color my hair. Fig seems to work good for me? I mix them sometimes like when I had Pomigranite I mixed it with fig. I use the WEN for shaving and even clean my face sometimes with it, I like the clean but moist feeling!!! I love it!!!

I love to hear about fine haired girls using fig. My hair is thin/ fine but dry so fig works great for me too.So glad you are happy!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Page 1 of 2