Give Gorgeous
57 Members and 12482 Guests Online

WEN

Wen as a facial cleanser?

Started 1324658902.75 in WEN | Last reply 1326821230.153 by naleiarenee

Has anyone tried using wen on your face? I have pretty good skin, not prone to break outs or anything but it is dry right now. Decided while wenning a few days ago to try some of the WVM on my face. Very nice, got the cooling sensations and it felt very soft afterward. I was careful not to get it in my eyes. And I rinsed well of course.

It won't take the place of my nightly Body Shop Cucumber Milk cleanser but I think I may keep using it as a little morning face treat. Was just curious to see if anyone is using wen on thier skin?

Denise

Love my Life, Love my Husband, Love my Family, Love my Friends, Love my Fur Babies, Love my Garden, Love homemade Ice Cream and Love my Wen!

Page 1 of 2
poodlpoo1324659272.9334265 PostsRegistered 10/23/2010

I would NEVER do that, due to the ingredients. VERY pore clogging.

hippiegirl1324672834.4931582 PostsRegistered 9/29/2009Seattle/Kirkland

I agree with poodlpoo. Use whatever you're used to using (since you already have good skin), and just add a drop or two of jojoba oil. That will get your dry skin back to regular quickly, and it's a great everyday additive year round.

"In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart."
Anne Frank

Eeen1324673372.6632532 PostsRegistered 10/7/2009

Hi Denise,

I definitely plan on trying the one for the body in the Tea Tree because I've heard good things about using that formula on the face. Just wish he had a smaller size because I'm not ready to spend what the larger size costs just yet.

mommy3231324689509.707835 PostsRegistered 12/3/2006

I personally wouldn't recommend it for the face. That cooling is irritation from the menthol (wether it shows up as redness or not) I had forgotten to bring my facial cleanser one time into the shower and thought it would be fine. NOT! Wen for hair: great, for face: nope! (read: rash) Even when I rinse it out of my hair I am careful not to get it too much on my face.

BEPhilGirl1324745507.39549 PostsRegistered 2/14/2005

Can't do it! None of the regular ladies here liked when I requested that Chaz do a proper skin care line for the face. The CC's just don't work as face cleansers. And I don't want to put the WEN body wash on my face. I certainly wish Chaz would make a skin care and fragrance line! :)

Denise fro­m Canada1324753324.7671905 PostsRegistered 9/27/2011Northern Alberta

Borrowed some tea tree CC from my mom, mixed a tiny bit it with some Body Shop vit C face polish. I like how it works. May not be for everyone but my skin is looking and feeling great. Followed that with the Lavender replenish which I have been using on my face for 4 months now & a drop or two of some 100% organic Argon oil. The red dry patches I had around my nose are gone, skin feels very nice. I only use the polish twice a week and I think I will use the tea tree with it.

As for the cooling sensation, I actually have 2 other products, face products that have a cooling sensation to them, have used them for years, with no issues. One has peppermint oil and another has menthol on the label.

The one thing that I can not put on my face is any type of product that has sunscreen, that makes my face burn & I turn beet red. Have no issue with sunscreen on my arms ect, but I have tried 3 top end moisturizers in the past with sunscreen and its a definite no to that.

Thats for the thoughts, will keep the forum posted, I am sure if I break out you guys will be the first to hear about it!{#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Denise

Love my Life, Love my Husband, Love my Family, Love my Friends, Love my Fur Babies, Love my Garden, Love homemade Ice Cream and Love my Wen!

ValentinaB­on1325303281.3536934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

Denise, glad you are liking it for your face!

About the sunscreen, have you tried just using a physical sunscreen? I have sensitive skin and most chemical sunscreens makes my face burn and turn red and also irritates my eyes (makes them water and burn). You might have better luck with one with ONLY Zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide.

DUH....WENing! :)

Mama Deb1325303362.552206 PostsRegistered 9/26/2006

No way, it's designed specifically for your hair not your skin. However the body cleanser would be great for your face.

Denise fro­m Canada1325303830.761905 PostsRegistered 9/27/2011Northern Alberta
So far there has not been any negative issues. I am only using a tiny wee bit of the tea tree mixed with a scrub and my skin feels great. May not be for everyone but it is working for me. Might look into getting the body wash in tea tree in the future. Denise

ninjawife1325369597.67315 PostsRegistered 11/15/2011
On 12/30/2011 Mama Deb said:

No way, it's designed specifically for your hair not your skin. However the body cleanser would be great for your face.

I don't know if I'd ever use it on my face but when it did not work for my hair, I finished it up by using it to shave my legs. The skin on my legs had never looked or felt so good!

lbj611325401027.857223 PostsRegistered 10/25/2011

Lol, ninjawife, I have had the same experience with my legs! I can't use the Fall Ginger Pumpkin on my scalp because I have a reaction to it. (It's the only CC that I've had a problem with and I've tried them all.) So I started using it for a shaving cream and wow! I love the way it works as a shaving cream and I love the way it makes my legs feel. Plus it is such a fun scent!

ValentinaB­on1325446377.5076934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

I don't like what the Lavender CC for my hair so I used it for shaving as well. It worked great and made my very dry skin soft and hydrated.

Yuko1325449935.9571806 PostsRegistered 8/30/2005

Didn't Chaz mentioned on air once that he used either the cc or the body cleanser to wash his face with Clarisonic?

ValentinaB­on1325466330.3576934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011
On 1/1/2012 Yuko said:

Didn't Chaz mentioned on air once that he used either the cc or the body cleanser to wash his face with Clarisonic?

Yep, he sure has. On one of the last presentations he says he really likes using the WVM CC as a facial cleanser.

Denise fro­m Canada1325467742.3031905 PostsRegistered 9/27/2011Northern Alberta
So it's been just over a week and I am really loving using a bit of the tea tree or WVM with my face polish scrub stuff. My skin feels great and no more dry patches. Guess if you have an issue with mint then it would not be a good idea. Will try some of my Lavender on my legs next shower! Denise

4downthesh­ore1325511929.872429 PostsRegistered 7/31/2007PA
On 12/30/2011 Mama Deb said:

Yes!!The body cleanser in TT is amazing! Especially if your skin is slightly oily.

ValentinaB­on1325520334.626934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011
On 1/1/2012 Denise from Canada said: So it's been just over a week and I am really loving using a bit of the tea tree or WVM with my face polish scrub stuff. My skin feels great and no more dry patches. Guess if you have an issue with mint then it would not be a good idea. Will try some of my Lavender on my legs next shower! Denise

Glad to hear it is working well for you, Denise! Interesting you don't have any more dry patches as well! Just out of curiosity, is adding in the TT cc the only change you made in your skincare routine?

Denise fro­m Canada1325521575.3431905 PostsRegistered 9/27/2011Northern Alberta
Hi Valentina, yes it's the only added change, I actually stopped using the Argon oil as I was not finding it that great for me, did nothing for the dryness. I have always had good skin, but am limited to what I use for creams as most make me red. I find one of the aveeno creams good and a aloe line from the body shop, but even with them winter gives me dry skin. So thought I would try some Wen with my polish to make it less harsh and it is working nicely. Denise

Denise fro­m Canada1325865153.961905 PostsRegistered 9/27/2011Northern Alberta
Update, been using some wen with my face polish and there have been no break outs, clogged pores, redness or anything negative, just very nice smooth clean skin! Oh, and ladies tried the lavender for shaving my legs, sooooooooo nice!!! Denise

Jen S1325867963.9232091 PostsRegistered 5/24/2010WI

My sister uses it on her face as she is not prone to breakouts. I would be afraid to do it though. I can and do use all the varieties I own to shave legs with though. My DH uses lavendar to shave his face with. He is breakout prone, but doesn't seem to do anything to him except leave his face super soft.

noellec1326675624.377550 PostsRegistered 12/4/2011Tennessee

Just saw on the facebook page that someone asked Chaz to make a facial cleansing conditioner. It would work like the one for hair. It would be a cleansing creme that you would clean your face with, and then put some back on like a "leave-in" moisturizer. Great idea!

37, Brown hair, blue eyes, 2 lovely kiddos. I use WEN, Mally, Dr. Denese, Josie Maran, and Philosopy

blondie131326678626.1831054 PostsRegistered 1/15/2012

Last month we went away and I forgot to pack my Purity. Remembered Chaz saying he used it on his face. So I put a little of the CC on my Clarisonic & it worked fine. Probably wouldn't use it all the time on my face, but good to know it works in a pinch.

Deb_J1326740269.4136 PostsRegistered 9/2/2011

I use it with my Clarisonic often - switch off with my Purity; I love the way it makes my skin feel. The ingredients are better than many other cleansers and I've had no issue with clogged pores. The way i feel is whatever works for you.

Cheryl A S­ophie1326762053.39952 PostsRegistered 10/20/2007
I have used just Wen for several years, body cleanser is my soapless cleanser, body moisurizer is my hand moisturizer and yes use just Wen body cleanser on my face although do periodically use Aveenos facial scrub. But majority of the time it's Wen with my clarasonic, I have Pom for the body and hair in shower as well as the smaller bottles of GP& the Wintermint in the shower, sometimes use a shot of one of those on face then the Pom for body on brush and clean face while the CC is on hair. I have excema which is pain, Wen is very soothing.

Ban the Deed not the Breed.
Spay and Neuter your pet

Denise fro­m Canada1326763708.5331905 PostsRegistered 9/27/2011Northern Alberta
I am loving my skin, using a bit of tea tree or WVM as a cleanser has saved my dry winter skin. Love the wen!!! Denise

Page 1 of 2