Give Gorgeous
136 Members and 13181 Guests Online

WEN

HAIR FALLING OUT AFTER USING WEN

Started 1322327962.27 in WEN | Last reply 1325036778.747 by Danielle46

MY HAIR FELL OUT AFTER FIRST USE OF WEN.

IT MADE MY HAIR SOFTER AND FEEL GREAT, BUT THE HAIR LOSS WAS GREAT.

MANY PEOPLE HAVE COMPLAINED.

GOOGLE WEN AND YOU CAN READ THE TRUE REVIEWS.

NEED CHAZ DEAN TO ANSWER WHY PEOPLE ARE EXPERIENCING HAIR LOSS?

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next
Sister Gol­den Hair1322329176.5814544 PostsRegistered 7/18/2008

Do you lose hair with regular shampoo too? I know I always lose hair when I shampoo.

Reach for the moon, even if you miss, you will land among the stars.

Jen S1322329882.822091 PostsRegistered 5/24/2010WI

I have so much hair it wouldn't matter. I started using WEN three years ago and I swear my hair is even thicker. I love it - but need to get thinned out when I go get my cuts. My faves are SAM, Pumpkin and POM.

Sandgirl1322330198.4837320 PostsRegistered 8/8/2007

I do believe that some may have a reaction from something in WEN however, I lost a ton of hair using WEN by combing my long hair in the shower, I don't use WEN all the time but when I do I DO NOT COMB IN THE SHOWER, this stopped all my hairloss with WEN - In my opinion, no wet hair should be combed like that.

akaGoldie1322330593.9535712 PostsRegistered 4/14/2010Mid America
I got a small bottle of web in my beauty test tube, I used it twice and my hair started falling out, it's blonde and showed up on my black sweater. I have never lost hair from regular shampoo, after reading about wen causing hair loss on this board, I stopped using it. I don't understand how a product can give some such great results and cause others to lose their hair. I will never use it again.

I Teach Too1322331297.27311790 PostsRegistered 7/14/2007Eastern Iowa...If you build it, they will come.

I use WEN regularly. It is very UNUSUAL for me NOT to get my hair THINNED every three weeks. It has made my thick hair even thicker.

Oh, and welcome to the WEN board and thank you for your input.

I know too much to go back an' pretend.

champagnep­oodle1322331631.3575820 PostsRegistered 9/26/2011

Yup its true ..My Mom lost alot of her hair as well, and she is premenapause..YIKES

lbj611322331876.183223 PostsRegistered 10/25/2011

I lose a lot of hair using Wen. But then I have a lot of hair so I never really paid too much attention. Before using Wen my hair brushes would be full after a day. Now after using Wen for about 9 months, I hardly ever have to clean my brushes out. I do still lose alot in the shower. It looks like a big clump. But my hair is just as thick as ever. And it is so much healthier and so beautiful. I get compliments all the time. I love Wen. I do have very sensitive skin and scalp. I have allergic reactions with hives and rashes to various things including alcohol. Sometimes Wen does leave my scalp extra itchy but then so did some regular shampoos so I haven't worried about it too much. So far no hives or rashes, thank goodness! I don't know what I would do if I had to stop using Wen.

MotorCity ­Chick1322331973.0631816 PostsRegistered 2/1/2005Michigan

Google _________________ Insert any shampoo and hair loss you will get the same thing

KweenB1322332792.3632167 PostsRegistered 11/27/2010

Here we go again...

I also experience less hair loss with Wen.

I also Googled "hair loss from (insert any shampoo)" using several different popular brands and found hair loss was common with all that I searched.

No shampoo is perfect for everyone.

Subject1322332859.1311269 PostsRegistered 2/24/2007

Yoour hair is not going to fall out from using WEN one time. It was falling out anyway- WEN or no WEN.

annabellet­hecat1322333449.0814513 PostsRegistered 9/23/2006
There you go ladies. Look at the number of posts the original poster has made. I think this is a bogus poster. Probably a kid that doesn't have much to do.

Homegirl1322333570.87139 PostsRegistered 12/15/2005

What do people mean when they say "hair loss"? How much hair? Is it coming out while washing or is there more in the hair brush?

Individual hair strands have a certain life span and are supposed to fall out eventually. Isn't the Wen product helping to untangle hair more so that any hairs coming out would be more evident? Is that what people are seeing or are people losing actual clumps of hair and getting bald spots?

I've used Wen but only lose the normal amount - basically a few strands per washing.

Love to be home - thus the screen name.

ShopfourCs1322345474.26179 PostsRegistered 3/14/2007

I ordered the WEN TSV three months ago. The one with the seasonal scents Auto Delivery. I was concerned because I saw all the hair loss comments right after my order shipped. I am 36 yrs. old. I swim at least four days a week. I have a lot of dirty blond hair past my sholders. I do not use color, yet! I rinse my hair first. Then saturate my scalp gently with WEN. I found that I don't need the amount they recommend. To much product makes the hair greasy looking. I rinse really well, and that's it. No leave in pumps for me. I have had wonderful results. I feel bad for those that have expierenced a reaction to the WEN products. I have to admit, I'm in love...and it took me four years to finally order WEN.

akaGoldie1322355635.0975712 PostsRegistered 4/14/2010Mid America
I know what I saw on my shoulder, it was my hair falling out! It feels very greasy and smelled like menthol. Yuk.Last edited on 11/26/2011

Last edited on 11/26/2011

champagnep­oodle1322356137.25820 PostsRegistered 9/26/2011

Be careful with anymore posts . The OP is believed to be a minor

medsw1322356323.897162 PostsRegistered 4/13/2009

Some people are allergic to different ingrediants. I know I lost hair after I restarted using WEN, but that was from HORMONAL CHANGES.

Again, people have allergies to different things. If you are experiencing hair loss and don't believe it's due to other issues, stop using it! I can't tell you how many products that are discussed on this board that I have allergies to. I just don't bad mouth the different companies like others

running sh­elby1322358478.2071954 PostsRegistered 6/2/2008

Since hair loss can be a sign of serious medical conditions please take the time to see your doctor and get an evaluation. It you beleive it is WEN then of course stop using it. Excessive hair loss is a medical condition and not a cosmetic one.

I hope everything is ok and thanks for posting but an Internet forum isn't the place for medical advice.

JeanneInRe­ston1322427015.124 PostsRegistered 11/27/2011

I have used WEN for about two months. My hair feels and looks wonderful. I was ready to buy all my friends a bottle of WEN.

Then I noticed long strands of hair on the shower floor that were not there before I used WEN. I didn't think anything about it, until I went to my hair dresser and as she was parting my hair to cut it, I saw how thin it was in front.

I went to Google to find out about hair loss and WEN and given what I have found on this board and on my Google search, I have decided to stop using it. There is a pretty clear relationship between the beginning of the use of WEN and the thinning of my hair.

Too bad, I liked it. {#emotions_dlg.sad}

You might check out ebay as I will be selling what I have not opened.

MotorCity ­Chick1322439851.411816 PostsRegistered 2/1/2005Michigan

dp

Last edited on 11/27/2011

Last edited on 11/27/2011

MotorCity ­Chick1322440198.731816 PostsRegistered 2/1/2005Michigan

OK, thought better of that...not even bothering!

abbie19811322501668.44728 PostsRegistered 7/29/2011

This is an odd thing to try and it takes some getting use to but don't wash your hair in warm water. I have always taken hot showers and washed my hair but I was on fb or online reading an article about WEN (can't remember which) and they said to wash your hair in cold water. Now I can not take a cold shower but the last few weeks I have changed the temperature of my shower to cooler and cooler and I have less and less hair come out in the shower. Granted even before I started using WEN I always had hair come out in the shower, actually I had more, which is why I started using WEN in the first place. But it really makes a huge difference. And it is less hair build up at the bottom of my shower drain. I have really long, thin hair. I even told my co-worker to try it without using WEN and she said changing the temp of her shower has resulted in the same thing. HOT WATER = HAIR LOSS. I swear you have to try it! And I live in New England so I know it gets cold in the winter but I will be taking my cool showers from now on!

moonlilly1322627073.2639 PostsRegistered 4/2/2011

I have been using WEN for almost two years now and here's what I have concluded concerning my "hair loss". This is just my personal story and I realize that everyone's hair is different. I am not trying to convince anyone that they are wrong and I am right. I am just relaying my observations.

My hair is long, dark, and curly and I use to shampoo every day and blow dry. Not a lot of hair loss would show up in the shower but once I combed my hair out and started blow drying, I would notice what I was losing because it was caught up in the comb, styling brush, etc. Also, I would notice how much hair was showing up on the floor when I would clean.

Since I began using WEN and since I comb through my hair in the shower, that's where my hair loss shows up now. My comb, styling brush, etc. as well as my floors are virtually hair free. In my opinion, the hair loss is the same and no more than normal for me (less than 30 or so hairs per wash).

With WEN, I only shampoo every 2-3 days now instead of daily and, even though I am 55 and graying, my stylist only has to touch up my roots to cover the new gray. My color stays beautiful and doesn't fade.

I love WEN and what it does for my hair. I am estatic that it gives me the body, shine, and bounciness that I had during my younger days. I use it exclusively and wouldn't think about going back to regular shampoo. But I also understand that Wen, like all other beauty and hair care products, wouldn't necessarily give everyone these results. It was a learning process determining the proper number of pumps, what cleansing conditioners work the best for my hair (Cucumber Aloe and Pom mixed), and knowing that I have to rinse, rinse, rinse to achieve these results but I am so glad that I stuck with it.

Time-wise, I spend a few extra minutes rinsing my hair in the shower but it's not much longer than when I would use shampoo. On my days off from shampooing, I get to take a fast bath. Money-wise, between what I save on color at the salon and going 2-3 days between shampoos, I feel that WEN is a great buy for me. Plus, my hair looks gorgeous!

GalaxxyGal1323148631.94187 PostsRegistered 10/1/2011

I have posted a few times on this WEN Forum

With all the posts of hair loss ( & I think some have vanished)

Why doesn't a representative of Chaz Deans ( they MUST read these forums )

Make a statement addressing this issue ??

I just read a similar lengthy WEN thread on PURSE- re: hair loss

Enough for me

GG

A Walker1323150321.8931234 PostsRegistered 1/4/2011
I find it so interesting while some claim Wen causes hair loss, others like myself cannot say enough good things about the positive results using it! I feel the one pump leave-in helps to protect my hair from daily washing/styling and keeps the static down in this cold weather. I get compliments about how shiny and healthy looking my hair is. Even with fine and straight hair, I have a lot of it, and Wen really helps to keep my style great all day! I don't use the comb in the shower or use as much, but if anything, my hair is getting better as time goes by using Wen. I'm perplexed how something so good can be so bad.

ValentinaB­on1323153233.936934 PostsRegistered 3/18/2011

The fact is some may have allergic reactions or sensitivities to some products. It happens with any product. A company shouldn't be expected to find the cause for individuals' claims of reactions- that would be impossible and simply unrealistic as each person might have a allergy or sensitivity to any number of things in a product. Those individuals should find out what they are allergic to or have a sensitivity to in order to avoid other products with those same ingredients in the future. It really is a simple as that. The things I've had reactions to I would never expect a company to investigate why I personally had a reaction to it when clearly many more others have not.

I agree with you A Walker regarding how using WEN has made my hair better over time and now, even though I have fine hair, I actually have more hair and it has grown longer that it has been in a long time and it grows faster than it use to. Some things just don't work for some people and that is just the way it goes sometimes.

DUH....WENing! :)

Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 Next